Photo

[WiP] Havok Creation Utility

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wz_

wz_
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:31 PM

Hello fellow modders, my first WiP thread in 7 months :)

I'm posting here to collect a few ideas for my current pet project, a tool to create Havok shapes from models automatically. Unfortunately, I'm not having a good interface and feature concept (besides the obvious creation of shapes, heh!), so all suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

wz

PS: Sneak Preview vvvv

Attached Images

• BhkShaper.png

#2 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:06 PM

Oh wow! This will help a bundle, wz!

#3 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:12 PM

:Bow: :Bow: :Bow: :Bow: glad you're onboard Roy ^_^

My avatar courtesy of my own little personal artist, Rumms

#4 wz_

wz_
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 01:36 AM

My problem is just that I can't really get on with it. I definitely need some input on this.

wz

#5 Darkness Eternal

Darkness Eternal
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:58 AM

Wow, this would be awesome to have something that's even remotely easier than adding havok via the NifSkope method.

WZ, what kind of input do you need?

Will the program generate havok data based on a mesh that's loaded into it?

Here's some random thoughts on this:

- Add options for material settings (similar to those found in the Nifprops section in the 3DS max plugin)
- The program would have to probably count and calculate vertex or poly coordinates in order to genrate data accurately.
- Then based off of those calculations, the program could auto generate a simplified havok model and let you choose options for materials.

Some questions:
- Isn't the Niftools project open source? wouldn't it perhaps be easier to add the havok options to the existing NifSkope program? or even the exporter?
- I thought Havok was legally protected. Hence the reason Bethsoft never rekeased an official exporter.

Either way...great job and good luck on your project. I'll keep a close eye on this one :)

~DE