Photo

Little help please

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ghostruler

ghostruler
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:26 AM

Hey guys, I'm working on a race, and I've retextured it and all that jazz, but when I put the skin texture in game, Its qutie shiny.
And I shall stand upon a sandbar in my bucket because I'm beyond that cool.

#2 DIE 75

DIE 75
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:17 AM

It may have something to do with the normals. I'm not much of a modder but when I was trying a retexture I messed with the normals and everything turned really shiny. Maybe try to redo the normals and see if that works.

Hope this helps...
Posted Image

#3 Luchaire

Luchaire
  • 264 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:20 AM

When I had this problem with my white tabaxi, it ended up being the alpha channel on the normal map (needed to make it pure black).

#4 ghostruler

ghostruler
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:41 AM

When I had this problem with my white tabaxi, it ended up being the alpha channel on the normal map (needed to make it pure black).

needed to make the alphas pure black?
And I shall stand upon a sandbar in my bucket because I'm beyond that cool.

#5 Najaknevrec

Najaknevrec
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:10 AM

needed to make the alphas pure black?

Yes, this might be what's causing it to be too light. This is easily changable in Photoshop. All you have to do is open the normal map in photoshop. There somewhere you sholud have a window with tabs saying something like Path, canal, layer (I do not use Photoshop in English, so the names might vary). Choose the one reading canal. Now you should see five little sqares in the window. The first one readds something like RGB, second, third and fourth are names of colours and the last is alpha. Clic this one and the paint he image Black (the darker it is, the less shiny the texture will be in game).
Hope this helps.