Photo

Comments about PoOC thread #8

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
373 replies to this topic

#1 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:30 PM

Both Screenshooting Guides from Shadow' and Divine Avenger, along with Other Useful Tips and Tricks with contributions from Floydian1, trollf, Badmagic, Gadar, Spike, and an ever-growing list of others, have been moved to a separate thread:

Click Here for Screenshooting Guides and Other Useful Tips and Tricks

Click Here for Generating Faces in Oblivion: A Compilation of Guides, Tips and Tricks from the Community

Please Read the Rules and Guidelines Before Posting (in "addition" to all the ones Spellhold Studios already require)

Winner of the most frequently given tip to new screenshooters, and deserving to be mentioned in the op:
To get rid of the HUD (Menu), use the console command "~", then "TM" to Toggle Menu Off/On. :)

And the runner up may be: How to add a caption and get rid of ImageShack Ads/the Golden Frog, etc. Also, may be applicable for ridding other sites' ads.
One more: A short summary post of how to do an action screenshot.

New as of SHS Thread #1

A new feature, to the POOC Thread, is the attachment function for posting. Images up to 512kb can be attached in your post =)

Pictures of Oblivion Characters - Screenie Thread #8 here

#2 The Raven Crown

The Raven Crown
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 12:17 AM

Mmm, thread #8. Me wants see picture.
Avatar: Grocax the Arch-Magus (Young version)

#3 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 02:11 AM

Spike, I love your shots! I was feeling really bad for your character, I thought she would have to walk out of that store empty-handed... :( Luckily she had lots of shinies with her... I hope that store clerk didn't rip her off... <_<

My avatar courtesy of my own little personal artist, Rumms

#4 Luchaire

Luchaire
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:50 AM

To help out those with slower connections please only post at most 3 full size shots and put the rest as links or thumbnails.

I think maybe you need to make this bigger. :P

#5 Kimory

Kimory

The Official... Something... Of the something forum...

• 117 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:11 AM

To help out those with slower connections please only post at most 3 full size shots and put the rest as links or thumbnails.

I think maybe you need to make this bigger. :P

I don't know how to put thumbnails... :unsure:
Can you show me? If I don't know how to do it, evryone will flame me for puttng more than 3 screens..
"There is no genius without a touch of madness" Sheogorath
Xbox 360 and PC user
What am I working on now?
Remake of my Draconian Race, which was lost long ago...

#6 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:31 AM

Can you show me? If I don't know how to do it, evryone will flame me for puttng more than 3 screens..

This link should help :)

http://forums.photob...amp;postcount=2

#7 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:57 AM

This link should help :)

http://forums.photob...amp;postcount=2

And perhaps that could be added to the first post, just below the big (and I agree, could be bigger as it's a new change) line about thumbnails?

edit: and see what I say in reply to Hector in the Ideas thread.

Edited by kalia, 19 May 2007 - 08:00 AM.

#8 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:59 AM

I'm still against this idea.

I think we need to merge comments and picture thread back together. I understand why we seperated it to make the thread a little less fast-paced. But the picture thread lasted WAY to long for me, please let us re-merge them folks?

Yes, we already have a topic about this. Please visit it.

#9 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:01 AM

I rather cut the length of the thread to 100 instead of 200. Is there a topic/poll up about remerging?

#10 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:02 AM

I think we had one somewhere.

Edited by Hector the Hooded, 19 May 2007 - 08:03 AM.

#11 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:04 AM

:whistling: Ok never mind now it is being talked about in another thread.

Edited by Spike4072, 19 May 2007 - 08:07 AM.

#12 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:09 AM

This thread - http://www.shsforums...p...26785&st=40.

I think MC Catcheen's last post said all of my opinions pretty much.

#13 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:12 AM

This thread - http://www.shsforums...p...26785&st=40.

I think MC Catcheen's last post said all of my opinions pretty much.

If you're referring to Kalia-bear's thread, she said that she thinks people's images might be overlooked because of slower loading times. This method of 2-3 pics and the rest links cuts down these loading times.

#14 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:16 AM

I know, that I looked at the picture thread and it still loaded slow as hell for me.

I am refering to Catcheen's thread and most recent post!

#15 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:18 AM

I know, that I looked at the picture thread and it still loaded slow as hell for me.

I am refering to Catcheen's thread and most recent post!

Who is Catcheen? Kalia?

The picture thread still loads slow as hell because people are still posting more than 3 images.

#16 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:24 AM

Catcheen/MC Catcheen = Kalia. I got the idea after you kept calling her Kalia-bear. If you don't know what it means then you don't speak Irish :P!

Oh, and I know thats why they pages are loading slow.

#17 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:38 AM

IG Hector @ Layla - NOOO!!! If you leave I will be utterly destroyed!!!! I mean it! I will be reduced to ashes and noone will see me! I'm speaking literally here! I beg you!

What they are doing is just hazing you! They thought you would understand.... If you leave, I will.. cease to exsist. Think about that before you decide anything.

Should you leave it will corrupt and break my recently re-instated heart. If I do not get reduced to ash, the results will be much worse. Such as the destruction of Mundus. I will cease to have control and...... Mundus itself, will deteriate and I myself will lose control of my body, essentaily killing anything and everything. From Ogres to trees, Layla.

Edited by Hector the Hooded, 19 May 2007 - 09:54 AM.

#18 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:52 AM

Nice shots gang.

@Floydian: I like Sapphire, she's very pretty.

#19 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:08 AM

IG Hector @ Layla - NOOO!!! If you leave I will be utterly destroyed!!!! I mean it! I will be reduced to ashes and noone will see me! I'm speaking literally here! I beg you!

What they are doing is just hazing you! They thought you would understand.... If you leave, I will.. cease to exsist. Think about that before you decide anything.

Should you leave it will corrupt and break my recently re-instated heart. If I do not get reduced to ash, the results will be much worse. Such as the destruction of Mundus. I will cease to have control and...... Mundus itself, will deteriate and I myself will lose control of my body, essentaily killing anything and everything. From Ogres to trees, Layla.

Layla: I understand what your girls are saying, Hector. And redheads can be pretty fiery - I should know! I think that tattoo was a bit of a premature exclamation for all of us and would be best removed. Please never allow your life to be dependent on me - that would be way too much for me to bear!

Layla: Also, I must go deal with gf1 - he said something about an out-of-body experience the other night when he was supposedly dying from the scratch I inflicted on him - but he still lays comatose under all those dollies! I felt his "presence" (I use this word very loosely in his case) in my bedroom last night while I was getting undressed - I felt like I was being watched; plus I found a little pool of slime by the bed too. I am fairly sure he is floating around somewhere.

Bye Hector. :crying:

Thank you Kimory, VanQa, Chiglet, highpressure, and Hector for your comments about Layla's attack of the dollies post! Much appreciated!

Edited by greatfool1, 19 May 2007 - 10:09 AM.

#20 Treetop Smoker

Treetop Smoker

サクラ-絶世の美女

• 593 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:38 AM

@ Floydian1 : Your new char is very beautiful ! Congrats for the creation of another beauty ! :cheers:

@ highpressure: Beautiful shots again ! :new_thumbs:

@ Sev : Mystic Blue ! Pure and Cool !

@ Soul Slayer: Jasmine is so hot ! :wub: Now I cant stop thinking about her......

Edited by Treetop Smoker, 19 May 2007 - 10:48 AM.

Posted Image