Photo

Challenge #10: NPC's as drow!

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#41 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:32 AM

I love this forum far too much. It's so difficult to find decent BG fanart elsewhere :D

And here is the second installment of our favorite heroes being dragged through the Underdark.

DrowCh1a.jpg

For the record, I'm not evil. Just addicted to coffee and chocolate which I consume in great quantities on a daily basis - preferably together :devil:
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#42 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:36 AM

Nalia somehow looks very much like Nalia. :)

#43 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:39 AM

..I actually find it strangely disturbing that Valygar looks so.. Well... Hot?
'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#44 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:09 AM

Oh, I see you have read the 'official' novels, Vilk.

Yeah, I did. And then I buried them in a box somewhere in the attic and forgot them. Did they give her red hair and golden eyes in drow form, too?

...dammit, I'm going to have to dig up those books and re-read them, aren't I...? :angry:

#45 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:38 AM

My view on the official Novels.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#46 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:43 AM

NMINSCLdr.jpg

#47 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:34 AM

Any comments? one. Her left (that means right on the portrait) eye needs redoing. Now she looks as if she had squint. Also, as vilkacis already mentioned, drow have actually *black* skin. Not brown. Although if that is a stylish edit for aristic benefit I doubt anyone will mind.

Actually, on my pic, it's supposed to be a French gray. It's not supposed to be so brown but I can never completely match the digital image with the actual drawing. I'll see what I can do with the next five, though. Beyond that, yeah, I don't care to portray them with black skin. Thanks for the comments, though :) .

@Vilkacis: That's actually not too bad, but why the red hair :huh: ? Heh, it's even become a darker shade than it usually is.

Edited by Galsic, 05 June 2007 - 11:44 AM.

(I like parentheses.)

#48 Neferit

Neferit

In the name of Gaider, we fight!

• 414 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:38 AM

HERD: hee... shouldn't Boo has pointed ears, too? :)
Heck no, b - I used the word the way I use things like "twitter", and "iPod" - my first inclination is to ask "what birdcall are you studying?" and I think of "I pod, You (singular) pod, He pods, She pods, They pod, You (plural) pod, We pod..."

Writings ►☼◄ Visual Shiny Pretties ►☼◄ Another Writings

►☼◄

You think you still have some brain in your head?

►☼◄►☼◄

#49 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:56 PM

@Vilkacis: That's actually not too bad, but why the red hair :huh: ? Heh, it's even become a darker shade than it usually is.

Well, I think the question I asked myself was "why not red hair?" :P It's rare on dark elves, but not impossible. I figure that in this case, she just happens to look like a natural redhead drow. (No dye necessary!)

#50 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:56 PM

Lovely Drow!Imoen, vilkacis! But why the red hair?

Orthodoxia, as always, lovely.

Oh gods, I love how Jan looks! A bit like the dragon actually took him and stretched him, so tall and lanky! Uuuh...does he have a shade of pink in his hair? Though with Jan, nothing would surprise me...

Also, I absolutely adore how Drow!Mazzy looks like. I like her character, though I think I've always liked her portrait even more. I actually went to my school's Senior Dance (which was not like american school dances. It was a lot of fun for everyone, and you didn't actually need a dance partner. Even a wallflower like me enjoyed herself. It was lots of fun). I ended up sticking neon glowsticks into it, and connecting them (with those little plastic connectors), so in the end I had a kind of halo. A friend of mine said I looked like a neon version of the goddess Ceres or Demeter. But I digress. Mazzy looks really good.

And oh my god, Minsc! He seems to have mutated in a regular pretty boy! You sure he's not part of some boyband? :P ;) And Boo the demonic miniature space hamster is the perfect companion for him! :D

Oh, and I agree with Alatariel, Valygar looks hot!

And Nalia looks...like Nalia. Though I have a feeling she should tone down the make-up a little bit. Not that it really looks all that bad on her.

Nice Drow!Minsc, HERD. But I agree, Boo should have pointy ears too! :D

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Edited by Jazhara7, 05 June 2007 - 01:47 PM.

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#51 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:24 PM

I just thought it would suit her. (See the post right above yours. :P)

Oh, and thanks. :D

#52 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:45 PM

I just thought it would suit her. (See the post right above yours. :P)

Oh, and thanks. :D

Ah, I see!

Heh, I fully understand it too. I whenever I create a new character, I ask myself "Why not red hair?". My NWN 2 character only didn't have red hair because they didn't allow red hair for moon elves. :angry: Seriously, most of my characters have red hair, you'd think it was not rare at all in the universe they live in. :D

I guess I just really like red hair. And grey eyes.

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#53 Delight

Delight
  • 660 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:39 PM

I liked the official Novels. They were hilarious :) .

#54 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:05 PM

HERD: hee... shouldn't Boo has pointed ears, too?

My first thought after I hit "Add Reply"

#55 Menelanna

Menelanna
  • 3006 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:37 PM

I liked the official Novels. They were hilarious :) .

you liked the official novels? you are the FIRST person I have ever heard say that. honestly every single person who has written a BG fanfic had done a better job than those novels. which think...i should work on my fanfic. my people are getting quite close to their drowifcation. (Kivan is going to be sooooo happy)

BTW everyone has done great work so far. My own pic is almost done too!
Steel is my body, fire is my blood.
I've created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as i pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."--Archer from Fate/Stay Night

Posted Image
Signature done by Sinharvest. thanks!

Interested in great fanstay Role Play? Come join Imythess the Border Between Dreams and Choas.
(should you join feel free to contact me. my main account it Fara're. hope to see you there :D)

#56 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:14 PM

This is my view on the official novels:

spidersinmycleavage.jpg

See, it's funny, because Abdel = Charname, and Charname is the PC, and Abdel is checking her out... and... uh... fine, I'll just be... standing over here... you meanies... :crying:

#57 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:31 PM

Some well-intentioned soul gave me the Baldur's Gate books for Christmas... I really might have to do something similar to that thread Kellen linked, for my entertaining. Loviatar on her most sadistic day could not have wrought a more painful piece of work.

Er, and on topic, I'm enjoying all the submissions!

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#58 Neferit

Neferit

In the name of Gaider, we fight!

• 414 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:37 PM

My first thought after I hit "Add Reply"

And what about special drow-ified Boo entry? :)
Heck no, b - I used the word the way I use things like "twitter", and "iPod" - my first inclination is to ask "what birdcall are you studying?" and I think of "I pod, You (singular) pod, He pods, She pods, They pod, You (plural) pod, We pod..."

Writings ►☼◄ Visual Shiny Pretties ►☼◄ Another Writings

►☼◄

You think you still have some brain in your head?

►☼◄►☼◄

#59 HERD

HERD
  • Modder
  • 283 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:00 AM

And what about special drow-ified Boo entry?

This would be a major commitment that I am not prepared for
Oh my :rolleyes:

#60 IronOx

IronOx

Pyongs owns all

• 124 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:43 PM

Drow Imoen FE style. I used a classic drow pattern but since Imoen is very, VERY, anti-drow I tryed to keep her merry look. And if you could caption this picture, what would it say ...

DrowImoen.png

Edited by IronOx, 06 June 2007 - 07:04 PM.

'The only way to get thru this gate is to go thru me first!' -Tadakatsu