[REQ]Shillelagh

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cosmic-Banana

Cosmic-Banana

Space Fruit !

• 230 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 04:28 PM

Here's a little weapon request from Ireland. Some of you may know what I am referring to but for those who don't, here's a little description of what it is:

A Shillelagh (pronounced "shi-LAY-lee") is a wooden club or cudgel, typically made from a stout knotty stick with a large knob on the end or on the side, that is associated with Ireland in folklore. They are traditionally made from blackthorn (sloe) wood (Prunus spinosa) or oak. It was named after the Shillelagh forest in County Wicklow, a forest of oak which produced some fine examples. The wood would be smeared with butter and placed up a chimney to cure, giving the Shillelagh its typical black shiny appearance. Shillelaghs may be hollowed at the heavy "hitting" end and filled with molten lead to increase the weight; this sort of Shillelagh is known as a 'loaded stick'. They are commonly the length of a walking stick (distance from the floor to one's wrist with elbow slightly bent). Most also have a heavy knob for a handle which can be used for striking as well as parrying and disarming an opponent.

I think it would be cool to have this weapon in Oblivion. Any takers, please post your idea in this thread :) Here are some pictures:
1-2-3-4-5-6-7
Posted Image

#2 Treetop Smoker

Treetop Smoker

サクラ-絶世の美女

• 593 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 04:30 PM

Sounds like an interesting weapon. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#3 Cosmic-Banana

Cosmic-Banana

Space Fruit !

• 230 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 04:37 PM

Damn, this smiley bug me... is it sarcastic ? Or other ? :lol:

I like this weapon, one of my favourite movie is Gangs Of New York and one of the characters in it have one, Walter "Monk" McGinn

He's the second from left
Posted Image

Edited by Cosmic-Banana, 02 June 2007 - 04:38 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Luchaire

Luchaire
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:14 PM

It's supposed to indicate sarcasm (typical of someone rolling their eyes at you in person) but Treetop seems to use it in almost every post, so it might have different meaning for him. ;)

#5 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:43 AM

Yeah, I think Treetop uses it for a shifty-eyed look. I might suggest a replacement smiley for him: :shifty:

#6 Cosmic-Banana

Cosmic-Banana

Space Fruit !

• 230 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 12:16 AM

Okay nevermind, McMuffin created one :D
Posted Image

#7 Treetop Smoker

Treetop Smoker

サクラ-絶世の美女

• 593 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:12 AM

It's supposed to indicate sarcasm (typical of someone rolling their eyes at you in person) but Treetop seems to use it in almost every post, so it might have different meaning for him. ;)

Yeah, I think Treetop uses it for a shifty-eyed look. I might suggest a replacement smiley for him: :shifty:

:ROFL: OMG This is why I love to hang out with you guys !! :ROFL:

Edited by Treetop Smoker, 06 June 2007 - 09:13 AM.

Posted Image