Comments about PoOC thread #10

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
316 replies to this topic

#1 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:32 PM

Both Screenshooting Guides from Shadow' and Divine Avenger, along with Other Useful Tips and Tricks with contributions from Floydian1, trollf, Badmagic, Gadar, Spike, and an ever-growing list of others, have been moved to a separate thread:

Click Here for Screenshooting Guides and Other Useful Tips and Tricks

Click Here for Generating Faces in Oblivion: A Compilation of Guides, Tips and Tricks from the Community

Please Read the Rules and Guidelines Before Posting (in "addition" to all the ones Spellhold Studios already require)

Winner of the most frequently given tip to new screenshooters, and deserving to be mentioned in the op:
To get rid of the HUD (Menu), use the console command "~", then "TM" to Toggle Menu Off/On. :)

And the runner up may be: How to add a caption and get rid of ImageShack Ads/the Golden Frog, etc. Also, may be applicable for ridding other sites' ads.
One more: A short summary post of how to do an action screenshot.

New as of SHS Thread #1

A new feature, to the POOC Thread, is the attachment function for posting. Images up to 512kb can be attached in your post =)

Pictures of Oblivion Characters - Screenie Thread #10 here
Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!

#2 Zombie216

Zombie216

Crysis Slave

• 212 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:39 PM

@ryu doppler
that outline picture is rather cool! what filters did u use to do that in photoshop?

#3 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

That guy with the felt hat...

• 523 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:59 PM

Colored Edges? I use Gimp/Paint Shop Pro, so I don't know the equivalent filter in Photoshop.

I basically took the pic, made another layer, and outlined the figure in that layer. Then I floodfilled the outside and inside with two different colors and deleted the originally layer when done. After all that I applied the Colored Edges filter in Paint Shop Pro to get the edge of the figure to stand out more.
A moderate amount of evil is nature to all.
If one is to control their nature, then they
must accept both the light and the dark.

Doppler's Armory - I'll do something...eventually...

#4 Treetop Smoker

Treetop Smoker

サクラ-絶世の美女

• 593 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:23 PM

@ Zombie : Very nice shots ! With facial texture installed I presume ? :)

@ Floydian1: Beautiful shots as always !! Shivering Isles looks so beautiful in your screens :)

@Karandras: Epic, Chaotic fights !! Very nice !! :) I love these screens !!

@Ryu Doppler : Very cool action shots ! Sword fights with magic battles !! Well done ! :)

@ Xetirox: Very cool and colorful shots ! Fire and Ice matched your screen style perfectly !! :coolthumb:

@ Comsic-Banana : Bar fight !! We have a winner :lol: Is that the Bar fight mod ??

Edited by Treetop Smoker, 03 June 2007 - 01:23 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Cosmic-Banana

Cosmic-Banana

Space Fruit !

• 230 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:31 PM

@ Comsic-Banana : Bar fight !! We have a winner :lol: Is that the Bar fight mod ??

No, that's just me rampaging The Feed Bag :lol:

Edited by Cosmic-Banana, 03 June 2007 - 01:31 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:26 PM

hmm doesn't seem to be many new picture to comment on, of well less work for me :)

Zombie216: I see what you mean about the face, it looks really nice!

Floydian 1: Is it just me or is that fairy getting smaller and smaller every time you post pictures of them? :) Very nice pictures as always, i think i like the first one best.

Zombie216 (2): Shame on you! a post in the pictures thread with no pictures?!? how could you? :) :)

Ryu Doppler: I really like how you do those outlines, they look awesome :) Those battle shots look nice to though in some of them i get a feeling you aren't exactly winning :)

Xetirox: wow those are really nice pictures, did you edit them at all? It sorta looks like it but i can't quite tell (oh and by those pictures i would have to say the mortal that invaded Oblivion :) )

Treetop Smoker: wow nice face there, i guess now im gonna have to go looking for CapsAdmin's facial textures :)

Cosmic-Banana: I would normaly ask who started it but i think in tis case it doesn't really matter now does it? :) Nicely done

Yorkmaster: What armor is that exactly? i have seen it several time and never figured out where its from... (oh and might it be a bad idea to stand on a god's head? they tend to be a little short tempered :) )

Rainer Fenixhart: Wonderful lighting in those pictures well done :)

Floydian 1 (2): Okay this proves it! She is getting smaller!

Darziak: I really like the look of Zhenk, is that custom done by you?

VanQa: More incredible shots, how do you do the border on your shots?

Okay that looks like its all for now. Post more screenshots everyone! looking over this thread is one of the highlights of my day :) (yea i know, i have a boring life)

Oh and for those of you that say this post before the edit, I hit post reply before it was done thats why it looks a little strange :)

Edited by Karandras, 03 June 2007 - 03:36 PM.

Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#7 Rainer Fenixhart

Rainer Fenixhart
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:33 PM

Edit: Thanks :)

Sorry...I know it's an annoying habit :(

Edited by Rainer Fenixhart, 03 June 2007 - 03:37 PM.

#8 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:37 PM

...did I just do bad? :(

Quite sorry about that, I hit reply before I was done, sorry!
Posted Image

#9 Rainer Fenixhart

Rainer Fenixhart
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:41 PM

It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to have some form of confirmation that people looked at my screens. =_=

#10 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:56 PM

It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to have some form of confirmation that people looked at my screens. =_=

I know what you mean, when I started posting it almost always seemed like almost no one ever noticed anything I did :) Thats why i started replying to everyone's pictures. It made me more seem (to me at least :wacko: ) more noticeable :) The downside was it took alot of time to write them all up. (try it sometime you will see what I mean) Keep up the great screenshots though, there is a real lack of good Argonians around here, tons of elves though, hmm.... :)
Posted Image

#11 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:09 PM

the face is bits of zombie put together and the mask came from a sack which I call it the "Sack Mask" ^_^

there is a real lack of good Argonians around here, tons of elves though, hmm.... :)

hrmm I last left Kaizrad the argonian in the woods surrounded by a pack of imps........I hope nothing bad happened to him. :o

#12 Rainer Fenixhart

Rainer Fenixhart
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:12 PM

I know what you mean, when I started posting it almost always seemed like almost no one ever noticed anything I did :) Thats why i started replying to everyone's pictures. It made me more seem (to me at least :wacko: ) more noticeable :) The downside was it took alot of time to write them all up. (try it sometime you will see what I mean) Keep up the great screenshots though, there is a real lack of good Argonians around here, tons of elves though, hmm.... :)

Then call me the official Argonian Photographer :D

#13 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:13 PM

Look, Rainer, there are a lot of screens to go through and people don't get to comment on EVERY single screen. So please, don't whine :).

#14 Rainer Fenixhart

Rainer Fenixhart
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:15 PM

Look, Rainer, there are a lot of screens to go through and people don't get to comment on EVERY single screen. So please, don't whine :).

I know...I know...=_=

If it's any reconciliation it annoys me too -_-

#15 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:21 PM

the face is bits of zombie put together and the mask came from a sack which I call it the "Sack Mask" ^_^

there is a real lack of good Argonians around here, tons of elves though, hmm.... :)

hrmm I last left Kaizrad the argonian in the woods surrounded by a pack of imps........I hope nothing bad happened to him. :o

yea i realize now that sounds kinda bad, in my defence though I said lack, not absence :) just as an example on the first page of the last thread there was 109 (about) pictures of characters and not 1 was an Argonian :)
Posted Image

#16 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

That guy with the felt hat...

• 523 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:25 PM

Ryu Doppler: I really like how you do those outlines, they look awesome :) Those battle shots look nice to though in some of them i get a feeling you aren't exactly winning :)

Battles can get a little rough for me I admit. Especially when I come across a huge band of Monsters or Bandits. FransMMM with Chance of More Enemies, and Chance of Stronger Bosses you see. So, when it comes to battles, very likely there are only 3 of them...or a Bandit army! Must have been around 30 of them near that fort, and another 20 or so waiting inside...

Fortunately they were spaced apart and ill equiped. Unfortunately, I ran straight into a huge bandit cluster with 3 strong bosses <_<
A moderate amount of evil is nature to all.
If one is to control their nature, then they
must accept both the light and the dark.

Doppler's Armory - I'll do something...eventually...

#17 Zombie216

Zombie216

Crysis Slave

• 212 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:43 PM

less conversation, more loving elise please :P

#18 Xetirox

Xetirox

The other Black Swordsman

• 74 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:12 PM

@Karandras: Thanks for your comment. Yeah, there is some editing in my shots, mostly to adjust lighting levels in various parts of them (such as making flames look more intense, add a reddish tinge to the surrounding areas, or a bluish one in the case of the Frost Atronach) using an overlay layer. Oh yeah, and I did use a motion blur some parts, namely in "Fire and Ice" and "Finishing Blow" to make some parts look like they were moving fast. Anyway, as for your shots, the lack of smoke in some of the fires did not bother me much. There's a lot of intense action going on, and it's neat that you've opted to post wide shots of the battle! We can really see all the widespread chaos going on (especially here)! Bravo, and good job with the set design! All those skeletons in Chorrol are really cool too; reminds me of Jason and the Argonauts.

@Zombie216: She's a cutie. Looks quite timid in the IMG shots here. Though I guess for good reason: where is everyone in town? It's deserted!

@Floydian1: More great shots of that fairy! Though I have to wonder how she managed to find the Isle's (stylish) threads in her size? :whistling: Like how she's perched here with the giant mushroom in the background, and this provides another neat perspective of her size. How'd she get that Focus Crystal up there? And the numerous flower shots you made are gorgeous, and just the place for a fairy. And this Gatekeeper one is very disconcerting for her, and that's only compounded with the crimson lighting. Good job!

@Ryu Doppler
: That portrait shot is really cool, very simple and memorable. It could go on a T-shirt. And I like how you managed to get a pic of him in the middle of drawing his sword here, captures the moment!

@Cosmic-Banana: Ha ha ha! That guy musta' been drinkin' some good $#!%, he's even taken down a couple of guards! Love all those slumped on the tables!

@Darziak: Man, a self-hating zombie is so pathetic! Take off the mask (as nifty as it is), embrace your status as an undead abomination with pride, and eat brains!

@VanQa: Nice atmosphere, really gloomy lighting, makes an interesting contrast to her apparent awe at her "newborn," as it were.

@Ranier Fenixheart: Hey, welcome! Sorry if it seems your pics get overlooked, I personally try and make sure not to do that myself. Nice to see some Argonian shots (I don't know why I haven't made any of the one guy I've had on reserve for a while). She has an interesting coloration of blues and greens (very uncommon). And whats that sword she's wielding in this one? It looks really neat!

@Yorkmaster
: Heh heh, not so sure Azura will appreciate you sitting on her statue like that. Nice picture by the way, it seems to have a very cool-headed and observant feeling going on.

@Treetop Smoker
: Thanks for your comment. Your character is looking much better (as if that was even possible), and I like how the amber light plays on her face in that cave.

Edited by Xetirox, 03 June 2007 - 06:12 PM.

"Even if I forcibly replace everything I've lost, they won't go back to normal."
-Guts, episode 287

The Threads of Causality have been tied! This topic is branded for sacrifice!

#19 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:21 PM

Unstoppable.
Posted Image

Victory over the odds.
Posted Image
An alternate version.

Who were the real monsters? The ones who stormed Tamriel from Oblivion? Or the mortal who invaded Oblivion?
Posted Image

Wow!!!! These are very very cool - the look on his face is great.
Also, your comments are really excellent, Xetirox. We know how long it takes you to make them and I can see your feedback being applied and making many shots look even better. :clap: :cheers:

Same to you about comments, Karandras. Much appreciated! :clap: :cheers:

Many tried to run...
Posted Image

Nothing like some invading skeletons to liven things up. Nice shot here!

I know...I know...=_=
If it's any reconciliation it annoys me too -_-

:ROFL: :D
Welcome, and nice to see you have a good sense of humor.

less conversation, more loving elise please :P

:ROFL:

#20 Rainer Fenixhart

Rainer Fenixhart
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:57 PM

Okay, so I've decided I'm going to officially end my status as a whiny hypocrite and make some comments :D

Zombie216: One thing that catches my Eye is that tattoo. But I must inquire as to the striking difference in the colour of her face and that of her skin. Something she ate didn't agree with her? :P

Floydian1: A pixie! And a Sparkley one at that. I might need mah Shades! 8)

Karandras: Chorrol certainly is going to be Necro-central if that keeps up :P

Why (or how) they had gotten so many skeletons in the Undercroft in the first place is what puzzles me :huh:

Darziak: I've got to admit, I've never seen a camp-out that Diverse before :P

Yorkmaster:
Heh, I'm pretty sure you had no trouble finding a photographer for the first shot-the view alone is priceless :woot:

Cosmic-Banana:Nothing beats thedisplay of manliness of a pile of corpses at your feet being covered in blood in a bar :lol:

Xetirox: :coolthumb: is all I can say. Remind me to get a Restraining order for him. :ph34r:

Treetop Smoker: Whoa...those look sharp and lethal.

...her sword does too :P

VanQa: I think I can guess what the Gatekeeper has on his mind :naughty:

Ryu Doppler: FREE-KING-A-MAY-ZING. The Khajiit companion is also nice

El Edito:

@Ranier Fenixheart: Hey, welcome! Sorry if it seems your pics get overlooked, I personally try and make sure not to do that myself. Nice to see some Argonian shots (I don't know why I haven't made any of the one guy I've had on reserve for a while). She has an interesting coloration of blues and greens (very uncommon). And whats that sword she's wielding in this one? It looks really neat!

It's Called Knuckleback Saber from waalex's Real Sword's mod. This one came from the Khajiit Edition. (he is doing one for each race, it's still a WIP)

Edited by Rainer Fenixhart, 03 June 2007 - 06:09 PM.