Requirements

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:28 AM

I've heard a lot of people talking about the PC Requirements being too steep. What do you think? Are they, do they not work as well as they should with the resulting graphics, or does it work great and you couldn't be happier? Not a poll just looking for opinions.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#2 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:19 AM

I think the engine could definitely use some extra tweaking, the game seems to run as slow as Oblivion but doesn't come close to Oblivion's level of graphics quality.

#3 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:30 AM

If we're lucky most of the needing tweaking will be done by the patches and/or the expansion.

:(

Here I was thinking my video card just wasn't fancy enough.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#4 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:05 AM

I'd have to agree on it being too steep. I've seen some of the things graphics designers have done on a lesser requirement regime, and that stuff can look better (I'm also talking 3D here) at times.
Still, can't complain; I don't have NW2 myself, and my PC isn't state of the art.
But if you see it on a friend's PC who does have most of the latest gear (early 2007 at that point) when it comes to graphics, and it looks it starts to look a little like Warcraft 3 on its lowest settings (blocky) on some character models and a few enviroments, its not exactly eye candy for your buck y'know. :angry:

Anyways, tis' gameplay that truly counts, and from what I've heard and seen, character development, among other things, seem to fail to live up to the standards.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!