• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#41 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:54 AM

thx for the help but now that i installed it no new area appears when it says ''Your world map has been updated'', kinda weird

Did you also install Worldmap mod? It is required for certain large quest mods.

#42 Tyrr

Tyrr
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:44 PM

World map mod is broken but is there any mod that contain an unbroken version of it?

#43 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:38 PM

World map mod is broken but is there any mod that contain an unbroken version of it?

We have no idea what you're talking about -- Worldmap mod is not broken and works perfectly fine. Perhaps you should explain in more detail what you mean by 'broken'.

#44 Tyrr

Tyrr
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:15 AM

We have no idea what you're talking about -- Worldmap mod is not broken and works perfectly fine. Perhaps you should explain in more detail what you mean by 'broken'.

It's written that it's broken on the top of the download page but i dl it anyway and it indeed didn't work.

#45 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:27 AM

It's written that it's broken on the top of the download page but i dl it anyway and it indeed didn't work.

I don't remember seeing that statement yesterday, and I don't know who wrote it. Why didn't they leave their name? If SHS allows anonymous postings like that on the download pages, it shouldn't.

I'm sending a PM to one of the mod maintainers, let's see what he says about the mod being broken.

#46 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:49 AM

I don't remember seeing that statement yesterday, and I don't know who wrote it. Why didn't they leave their name? If SHS allows anonymous postings like that on the download pages, it shouldn't.

I'm sending a PM to one of the mod maintainers, let's see what he says about the mod being broken.

What didn't work? Is it missing files, etc? What program did you use to download it, etc, etc, etc,

It takes a village...

#47 Tyrr

Tyrr
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:39 AM

when i run the set-up file it says:

ERROR:Unix.Unix_error<20, ''stat'', ''Worldmap/map_mods-areas.tbl'')

i reinstalled SOA and TOB before trying to install it.

dowloaded it with firefox, extracted it with bitzipper

#48 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:49 PM

when i run the set-up file it says:

ERROR:Unix.Unix_error<20, ''stat'', ''Worldmap/map_mods-areas.tbl'')

i reinstalled SOA and TOB before trying to install it.

dowloaded it with firefox, extracted it with bitzipper

Worldmap isn't broken. Your install just doesn't use mods that require Worldmap. See the link below:

http://www.shsforums...showtopic=38613
Tyrr you need to post your WeiDU log. Please also attach your debug file from attempting Worldmap install.

Edited by erebusant, 20 February 2009 - 04:52 PM.

It takes a village...

#49 -jhp-

-jhp-

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:47 AM

I don't know if it's a bug, but my group is in the Waukeen Promenade in Chapter 1 and when My group wants to enter the Slums District where he can encounter Gaelan Bayle for the first time, the game don 't load and comes back to Windows. I have a messsage who says :
Runtime Error !
Program : C:\ProgramFiles\BlackIsle\BGII-SoA\BGMain.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it an unusual way. Please conact the application's support team for more information.
The other mod i have installed is Ease-of-use (the part with the infinite stacking of weapons, potions, rings and amulets, the part which authorise to wear rings of protection and armors, and the part of the infinite bag of holder). What can i do ?

#50 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:52 AM

I don't know if it's a bug, but my group is in the Waukeen Promenade in Chapter 1 and when My group wants to enter the Slums District where he can encounter Gaelan Bayle for the first time, the game don 't load and comes back to Windows. I have a messsage who says :
Runtime Error !
Program : C:\ProgramFiles\BlackIsle\BGII-SoA\BGMain.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it an unusual way. Please conact the application's support team for more information.
The other mod i have installed is Ease-of-use (the part with the infinite stacking of weapons, potions, rings and amulets, the part which authorise to wear rings of protection and armors, and the part of the infinite bag of holder). What can i do ?

Could you post your WeiDU log please?

It takes a village...

#51 -jhp-

-jhp-

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:09 AM

I don't if it's what you want, but here it is :
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1
~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Region Of Terror Kit Pack
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #2 #0 // Empilement infini d'Armes, de Potions et d'Anneaux/Amulettes
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #2 #6 // Cumul des Armures ET des Anneaux Magiques (etc...)
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #2 #13 // Sac de Contenance infini (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #2 #0 // Empilement infini d'Armes, de Potions et d'Anneaux/Amulettes
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #2 #6 // Cumul des Armures ET des Anneaux Magiques (etc...)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #2 #13 // Sac de Contenance infini (Blucher)
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #1 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Region Of Terror"
I fit's not what you want, can you tell me how to find what you want ?

#52 -jhp-

-jhp-

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:28 AM

I have installed the worldmap mod, and now, my group can go from the Waukeen's promenade to the Arena and the City Gates, but when my group wants to go from one of these areas to the Slums District, it bugges like before.

#53 -jhp-

-jhp-

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:46 AM

Alos, when my group is at the Arena, he talks to an official to enter the warrior arena for the first combat, but the game don't load.

#54 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:56 AM

I don't if it's what you want, but here it is :
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1
~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Region Of Terror Kit Pack
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #2 #0 // Empilement infini d'Armes, de Potions et d'Anneaux/Amulettes
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #2 #6 // Cumul des Armures ET des Anneaux Magiques (etc...)
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #2 #13 // Sac de Contenance infini (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #2 #0 // Empilement infini d'Armes, de Potions et d'Anneaux/Amulettes
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #2 #6 // Cumul des Armures ET des Anneaux Magiques (etc...)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #2 #13 // Sac de Contenance infini (Blucher)
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #1 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Region Of Terror"
I fit's not what you want, can you tell me how to find what you want ?

You should re-install your game and not use the Ease of Use mod. It has been deprecated by BG2 Tweaks mod. Install as follows:
BGII-SoA + ToB + 26498 Patch + BG2 Fixpack + RoT v2.1 + RoT Kitpack + BG2 Tweaks components you want + BP-BGT-Worldmap + GUI and it should work just fine.

Be sure to do a clean install of BGII. Uninstall what you have and then delete the BGII-SoA folder from your computer, and begin fresh.

Edited by erebusant, 25 February 2009 - 05:58 AM.

It takes a village...

#55 -jhp-

-jhp-

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:27 PM

The bug was apparently caused by my DVD which must be damaged. I used another CD of the same game and I succeed to enter the Slums District to encounter Gaelan Bayle.

#56 Tyrr

Tyrr
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:09 PM

So my game crashes when i want to go to arlax ( or something like that, the map doesn't display the new areas names) it also crashes when i try to go in any area of the forest of thetyr.

Does it means i have to reinstall the whole thing and why would it changed something if i reinstalled it the exact same way?

#57 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:48 PM

it also crashes when i try to go in any area of the forest of thetyr.

Perhaps this could help: http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=392424

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#58 ptifab

ptifab
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:17 PM

Bug with Drizzt. Drizzt is given 5 stars with Two Weapon Style, this is gives worst THACO than 3 stars. I think it should be lowered to 3 stars.

I didn't see any answer for that issue... As i got exactly the same problem (5 star in Two Weapon Style), is there a way to edit/fix this ?

Great mod, as i want (and must have) Drizzt to do the quests, if someone has any solution, thx for help ! :)

Edit : well... i found a simple method, i just edit my savegame with shadowkeeper and modified it... now, he has three stars and is really much better... Hope it will help another one. :rolleyes:

Edited by ptifab, 09 March 2009 - 12:09 AM.

#59 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:44 AM

it also crashes when i try to go in any area of the forest of thetyr.

Perhaps this could help: http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=392424

Greetings Leomar

Ummm, if you can't go to Arlax (@Tyrr) then that Forest of Tethyr patch linked by Leomar will not solve your crashing issues. It sounds like your links are messed up

Do we have Fully installed abd patched game. Then BG2 fixpack+RoT2.1+Worldmap mod?

Most of the times that Forest of Tethyr, Small teeth and North forest crash when travelling are because of worldmap installed without BG2 fixpack before the big worldmap changing mods.

Does this crash happen after you enter the forest of tethyr? Mainly do you see your party arrive or does it crash in the load screen?

ALSO THAT PATCH FOR FOREST OF TETHYR IS FOR CHECK THE BODIES AND TORTURED SOULS INSTALLED. It will seriously hose your game if you apply it without those two mods.

Edited by Hoppy, 09 March 2009 - 08:46 AM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#60 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:51 PM

In the city of the gragha, where you take the test with the holy ones (RR3303). The "luck" demon can destroy your party with Petrification. Instead of ending the game (and reloading), I get a ctd. Pro5 Tweaks is installed (maybe a conflict), and I can see the loot dropped on the floor before the crash happens. Every time the wrong answer is given it happens.