Photo

problems with mega install and imoen romance

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:13 AM

Im playing again and Im having problems in my game with the first dream sequence of the the imoen romance. Im running the classic mega-mod and have had only a few problems that Ive been able to solve. When the dream sequence starts Imoen teleports in (IMDREAM.CRE into AR26MR.ARE) and I get some internal dialog about floating crystals forming some sort of stained glass window, and then some further internal dialog about trying to touch the crystals, but being stopped by a force field. It seems like a problem with my dialog references. Ive inspected the CRE and it seems like the dialog is correct, but I dont pretend to understand the dialog/string reference mechanism, so my guess is that the string references in dialog.tlk? are screwed up. Also, for the life of me I cannot figure out how IMDREAM.CRE is teleporting into AR26MR. AR26MR.ARE has no area script and there is nothing in the baldur.bcs.

So here are my two questions:

a - How does IMDREAM.CRE get teleported in to the area? I mean, what mechanism is used to invoke this action?

and
2 - Can someone please explain or point me to a good reference for how the dialoging/string reference stuff works?

Of course if someone knows precisely what is going on with this specific problem or thinks Im off the mark with my string ref idea, please chime in.

Thanks

#2 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:13 AM

Ok, well I think ive figured out how the imdream.cre is getting spawned and basically how the dialog works. Could someone explain how global timers work, or point me to a reference, please?

#3 Shaun

Shaun
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:43 AM

Im playing again and Im having problems in my game with the first dream sequence of the the imoen romance. Im running the classic mega-mod and have had only a few problems that Ive been able to solve. When the dream sequence starts Imoen teleports in (IMDREAM.CRE into AR26MR.ARE) and I get some internal dialog about floating crystals forming some sort of stained glass window, and then some further internal dialog about trying to touch the crystals, but being stopped by a force field. It seems like a problem with my dialog references. Ive inspected the CRE and it seems like the dialog is correct, but I dont pretend to understand the dialog/string reference mechanism, so my guess is that the string references in dialog.tlk? are screwed up. Also, for the life of me I cannot figure out how IMDREAM.CRE is teleporting into AR26MR. AR26MR.ARE has no area script and there is nothing in the baldur.bcs.

So here are my two questions:

a - How does IMDREAM.CRE get teleported in to the area? I mean, what mechanism is used to invoke this action?

and
2 - Can someone please explain or point me to a good reference for how the dialoging/string reference stuff works?

Of course if someone knows precisely what is going on with this specific problem or thinks Im off the mark with my string ref idea, please chime in.

Thanks

I have the same problem. When Imoen attempts to speak to the PC the portal dialogue from NEJ2 area TT0068 plays instead of her dialogue. Did you ever figure out how to fix it? Or did anyone else for that matter?