• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:33 AM

Bit of an odd question, but anyone know how to dig out one of the portraits from Icewind Dale II? I want to use one for a PbP character's portrait, but I can't seem to figure out where the game data keeps all its portraits.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#2 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:36 AM

They're all available at SP, in already extracted form. Can't get the link right now, but I've got the compressed archives on my home computer, if you can't find it.

Which one? ;)

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#3 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:46 AM

Er, SP? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that site. But the portrait I'm hunting for is the one of the female elven ranger-looking type knee-deep in the snow. Not exactly what I had in mind for Shyaern's appearance (her hair is green, for one), but close enough. :)

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#4 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:50 AM

Pigtails? I've got that one at home, so I can send it to you when I get there. I use it all the time as a PC portrait. Want me to give her hair greenish highlights?

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#5 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:55 AM

If you want, but it's not if it's going to be a bother. Her hair is dark green, so in the right lighting, it would probably look black. :)

#6 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:03 AM

Archmage had a link to all the IWD, BG, and NWN portraits. Let's see.

Did you mean this one?

If not then the whole set is available here. There's about 8 female elves.

Attached Images

• Elf_Female_7.jpg

Edited by Kellen, 19 July 2007 - 09:05 AM.

"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#7 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:15 AM

That link was just what I needed, Kellen! Thanks a bunch! :)

And for the record, this is the portrait I was talking about: Attached File  Half_Elf_Female_3.bmp   203.72K   559 downloads

Edit: I really need to figure out the attachment system here. Meant to display the picture.

Edited by Tempest, 19 July 2007 - 09:16 AM.

#8 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:21 AM

I usually use jpg because it shows up as a pic.

SP=Sorcerer's Place.

berelinde's mods

#9 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:31 AM

Ah. I see. Nice.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan