Photo

Comments about PoOC thread #14

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
205 replies to this topic

#1 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:54 PM

Both Screenshooting Guides from Shadow' and Divine Avenger, along with Other Useful Tips and Tricks with contributions from Floydian1, trollf, Badmagic, Gadar, Spike, and an ever-growing list of others, have been moved to a separate thread:

Click Here for Screenshooting Guides and Other Useful Tips and Tricks

Click Here for Generating Faces in Oblivion: A Compilation of Guides, Tips and Tricks from the Community

Please Read the Rules and Guidelines Before Posting (in "addition" to all the ones Spellhold Studios already require)

Winner of the most frequently given tip to new screenshooters, and deserving to be mentioned in the op:
To get rid of the HUD (Menu), use the console command "~", then "TM" to Toggle Menu Off/On. :)

And the runner up may be: How to add a caption and get rid of ImageShack Ads/the Golden Frog, etc. Also, may be applicable for ridding other sites' ads.
One more: A short summary post of how to do an action screenshot.

New as of SHS Thread #1

A new feature, to the POOC Thread, is the attachment function for posting. Images up to 512kb can be attached in your post =)

Pictures of Oblivion Characters - Screenie Thread #14 here
Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#2 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:25 PM

Sorry about missing the last few pages, one of these days I'm gonna learn how to keep to a plan (don't hold your breath)

Ryu Doppler: wow your Dune shots are really good, this would have to be my favorite. Also this hood fits the character perfectly.

Soul Slayer: Those two screens in the middle there look really great, great pose and great armor combination.

(btw I put an easter egg in this post, try and find it :))

Edited by Karandras, 19 July 2007 - 08:26 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:18 PM

Soul Slayer: Those two screens in the middle there look really great, great pose and great armor combination.

Thanks.
I like how you seperated the word "two" into three different links. :cheers:

#4 Chiglet

Chiglet
  • 405 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 02:56 AM

@ Spike4072 - Awww! I';m sure Xivilai need love and companionship (and other stuff ) sometimes too.

@ Flucidity - The kimonoes are looking good.

@ Soul Slayer - Desperate times call fo9r desperate measures...

@ Rainer Fenixhart - Good to see Xaana is still kicking butt.

@ Kalia - I'm gonna have to agree with on this one, but a girl;s gotta do what a girl's gotta do. ;)

@ Kalia (2) - Pip!! Long time no see :) Though, what'd she do with her scales??

@ Divine Avenger, Karandras, Soul Slayer, Floydian1, & Kalia - Great shots from DUNE. I've a feeling that if going to be one very popular mod.

@ Karandras - Thank you for the link :) I'm blaming my inability to find it on TES's screwy search engine. :)

@ Ryu Doppler - Don't feel bad. MegaUpload does that to everyone. :) It told me I had to wait 267 minutes before I could uplaod part 2. Sigh.

@ Spike4072 - Have fun!

@ Hector the Hooded - Will there be Sandworms? Spice? j/k :D Looks good

Well, it seems my poll has been deleted, so I guess I'll just stop posting them.

What poll?? Did anyone take it? I like taking polls. :) They're fun. BTW, what outfit is Nova wearing? Don't think I've seen it before. Looks very neat.

Chiglet :ph34r:

#5 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:19 AM

what outfit is Nova wearing? Don't think I've seen it before. Looks very neat.

It's the Snake Dancer's outfit, from the Dune mod.

#6 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 02:15 PM

@Everyone: Aw man. Too many amazing screens. I need to really get back into this game.
I've got family madness over here (we're getting ready for a BBQ, activities, etc. tomorrow).
I'll try to get some shots though.

Keep it Up!! :cheers:
~Shadow

Edited by Shadow', 20 July 2007 - 02:16 PM.

Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

The official Oblivion Screenshot Ninja Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:53 PM

Ah the joys of school *sigh* at least I got to go see Order of the Phoenix today :) (Great movie though I think they cut out to much)

Soul_Slayer: Nice character (I really like the name), I take it thats one of the custom races added by Dune?

Cosmic-Banana: wow thats is wonderful editing! This has got to be my favorite of the bunch :coolthumb:

Chiglet: Very nice, her face looks a lot more detailed now (great outfit as well

kalia: I'm sorry I didn't comment on your amazing character before now :( she is so very beautiful. (Though she does seem to be taking after Jasmine :) )

Floydian1: Out of curiosity do you use and special ini tweaks to get the lighting you have in your pictures? No mateer where your characters go the lighting is just perfect.

Kalia: Wow, this picture must have taken a long time to get the posing just right (Though it did pay off, it looks fantastic)

Cosmic-Banana: How do you keep doing this? Here i am pulling out my hair attempting to create new and unique screens with diverse character and you (along with everyone else here :) ) keep making such amazing characters as this who are jaw droppingly(sp?) unique, :Bow:

Kheldor: Welcome to the forums! No one around here bites (to hard) so please enjoy yourself :) Your 2 characters and wonderful looking (I'm actually using your saved game currently as a companion, talk about ironic :) ) The desert landscapes are from the alpha version of the mod Dune [found here ) Keep up the pictures :) (I use that emote to much don't I?)

Floydian1: Great looking sandstorm, this one really looks realistic.

And so that's all for another night, time to watch some episodes of Rome (I love that show) (I sure am putting a lot of things in brackets aren't I?) (see I did it again) (I give up... :crazy: )
Posted Image

#8 SeV

SeV
  • Modder
  • 390 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:39 PM

@Ryu Doppler: Your screenies always impress the hell out of me. You have an awesome sense of artistic flair that shows up in your characters and your screenshots... bravo

@kalia-bear: I feel bad using one word to describe your work since you're always so careful to take time to write something meaningful about everybody else's, but......

sex-ah! :woot:

sorry guys, that's all the comments I can afford rite now.. I can only look at awesome screenies for a few seconds before becoming utterly jealous and ticked off at having no Oblivion which ultimately leads to a strange urge to eat souls and electrocute people..... I wonder if this is how Shadow` got his evil career started......

My avatar courtesy of my own little personal artist, Rumms

#9 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

That guy with the felt hat...

• 523 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:53 PM

@Ryu Doppler: Your screenies always impress the hell out of me. You have an awesome sense of artistic flair that shows up in your characters and your screenshots... bravo

It's all about timing and such. Plus my soundtrack configuration helps a lot to get in Character. I guess because most of it is Baldurs Gate conversions. Now if only Trolf's Trick wouldn't crash my game everytime I enter a new Cell... <_<

sorry guys, that's all the comments I can afford rite now.. I can only look at awesome screenies for a few seconds before becoming utterly jealous and ticked off at having no Oblivion which ultimately leads to a strange urge to eat souls and electrocute people..... I wonder if this is how Shadow` got his evil career started......

Nah...it's the clothes. Black turns everyone evil...or evilish. It's the natural order dammit!

Hopefully your computer problems gets solved real soon. It's been way too long since we've seen some pictures from you. :D
A moderate amount of evil is nature to all.
If one is to control their nature, then they
must accept both the light and the dark.

Doppler's Armory - I'll do something...eventually...

#10 Cosmic-Banana

Cosmic-Banana

Space Fruit !

• 230 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:21 PM

Cosmic-Banana: wow thats is wonderful editing! This has got to be my favorite of the bunch :coolthumb:
Cosmic-Banana: How do you keep doing this? Here i am pulling out my hair attempting to create new and unique screens with diverse character and you (along with everyone else here :) ) keep making such amazing characters as this who are jaw droppingly(sp?) unique, :Bow:

Thanks a lot ! ^_^ That means a lot to me :hug:

Those screens with the spider are amazing ! How did you made them ? And which mod change the IC shack like this ? :blink:
Posted Image

#11 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:26 PM

Thanks a lot ! ^_^ That means a lot to me :hug:

Those screens with the spider are amazing ! How did you made them ? And which mod change the IC shack like this ? :blink:

Thank you
To get the spider pictures I flipped the house (interior) on its side so the wall was the floor :) (the camera was a pain in the neck) As for what mod it was something I threw together today using Quarl's spider web resource and deleting most of the other items in the house. Tomorrow I plan on doing some more work on it (expect screens in the late afternoon/evening)

Edited by Karandras, 20 July 2007 - 09:27 PM.

Posted Image

#12 VanQa

VanQa
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:04 PM

Welcome Kheldor ! that's a very pretty character you have :)

Posted Image
-o0o- My Photobucket -o00-

#13 Chiglet

Chiglet
  • 405 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:33 AM

@ Karandras - Grisly, creepy, and yet oddly satisfying

#14 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:43 AM

@ Karandras - Grisly, creepy, and yet oddly satisfying

Perfect, thats the effect I was looking for :)
Posted Image

#15 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

• 523 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:53 AM

Shameless insert but...

I released another version of my A Bloody Mess Tweak. It tweaks the Effect settings for the blood to values found in the Blood Effects in the New Martigen's Monster Mod 3.1, and supplies my tweaked version of the Blood Textures. The new settings seemed to better present the Blood in all settings. Bloom and HDR. You can find my file HERE at Tessource.

If for some reason you don't like the new version, the older version is archived within the file for convenience.

#16 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:54 AM

Cheers!

And kalia, love your piccies :hug:
Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!

#17 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 12:35 PM

Yowza, Kalia! Nice sequences! I guess they were just doing some yoga together so no need for Adult Content labeling... Oh wait, they still have their clothes on - except in my mind...

I couldn't help but think that this first one said:

Sweety, this is worse than crackers in the bed. Let's go back inside ... (Dedicated to anyone who ever did it on a beach.)

Posted Image

Anyway, great shots and *ahem* "animations", Kalia!

Edited by greatfool1, 21 July 2007 - 12:37 PM.

#18 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

• 523 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:19 PM

You know...I come to appreciate this place a lot more now. Not just for the pictures of outstanding content oh no...But for the people.

This closed set of people exhibit some of the best values I have seen from...well a closed group of people. No one's arrogant, or mean, or has some sort of strange complex, or just has to get there way always. We are actually quite...normal. :blink:

I think i've been spending too much time on Bethesda's Boards. Ugh...just thinking about the filth that place can attract makes my skin crawl. I'm glad we have this place where HARDCORE RPGers and Posers don't pester us every five minutes with diluted logic or sayings.

Now if only we could get more of the good folks over here!

#19 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:30 PM

Concur with you feelings I do, Ryu.

#20 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:17 PM

I completely and 100% agree. I have found it's very rare to find such a great group of people all in one place. :cheers: all around :)

Ryu Doppler: Ouch, that a really bad way to go, gassed to death. :)

Soul Slayer: Hmm looks like they aren't alone :) btw dare I ask what are they arguing about or don't I want to know?

greatfool1: Is it intentional that Neeshka looks really ticked with you? I don't think they like having competition around ;)

SeV: Hope you can start playing oblivion again soon, more pictures this awesome are always wanted :)

Rainer Fenixhart: Great pictures, I always have liked that armor. Btw whats BGSF?

VanQa: Nice set up for the pictures (that one in the middle cracked me up :) )

Okay I'm sorry everyone but I'm just to tired atm to finish the rest of the pictures now, in about 8 hours I will write the rest of the replies, till then.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Edit: wow I Really messed this post up, the html was a mess, it should be all fixed now

Edited by Karandras, 22 July 2007 - 04:35 AM.

Posted Image