Photo

What's up with items removed from IWD1...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:45 PM

It has come to my attention recently that random treasure table in HoW, which replaces original table upon installing HoW, not only adds few items introducuced in HoW, but removes quite a few items that were in vanilla IWD's random treasure table. If you check Dan Simpson's walkthrough for IWD, for example, you'll see loads of "removed in HoW" remarks in loot lists. I wasn't aware of this before as I never played IWD w/o HoW. :blink:

The question is, is there any mod around restoring full scope of original random items?

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#2 grogerson

grogerson
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:57 AM

I've been looking into this myself, lately. Several of the items are added elsewhere, others I can only guess were removed for "balance," considering the new items that were added. Of course, several just disappeared (like four of the stat changing potions), and this is all guess-work since Black Isle isn't around anymore to get any answers.

Still, it does give something for a modder to restore, if they're willing.

#3 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:30 AM

I checked random treasure tables and find out that there's 30 items removed in HoW from random treasure. I didn't thought that some of this items might have being promoted to a constant loot though. It's interesting idea, worthy to check anyway. Do you perhaps have some more data on what items from random list get their permanent assignments?

#4 grogerson

grogerson
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:51 AM

The following are moved to HoW:
ulswd5a, ulbow5a, u1ham5b, u1ham5a

The following are moved to TotL:
ubswd5b, ulswd5a, usltr5a, uflal5a, uring5a

The following just vanish:
uspot3b, usltr3a, umstr3a, usswd3a, utswd5a, utswd5b, ulswd5b, u2hax5a, usswd5b, u2ham5a, u1ham5b (I know it's in HoW, but on Hjollder so...), umstr5a, uspot5a, uring5b, uring2a, ulswd2b, utswd2b, utswd2c, uspot4a, uspot4c, u2ham4b, u2hax4b

I plan on looking deeper into the randoms, especially the lines in the 2da that aren't being used...

#5 grogerson

grogerson
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:14 PM

Slow day for me today, so...

The following lines in the rndtres.2da aren't used (to bad, there are some nice items here):
askelp4, de5tres, ec1tres, ec2tres, extres1, extres3, sht_off, tg4tres, tg5tres, tskelp4 and ud6tres. Note that tg4tres, tg5tres and ud6tres have no xxxx.itm files to even be able to use them.

The following items are unused, since the random drop line in the rndtres.2da is unused:
blun03, helm06, u1ham2a, u2hax3a, ubswd1a, uhalb3a, uhalb3b, ulbow4a, ulbow4b, umstr2a, umstr2b, ushld2b.

The following xxxx.itm files have no corresponding lines in the rndtres.2da:
kttres1, kttres2, kttres2, rndtre01, rndtre02, rndtre03, rndtre04, rndtre05, sh5tres, sh6tres, sh7tres, sht_sol, wttres1, wttres2, wttres3.

Between this and my previous post, that about wraps up the unused random items I've found.

#6 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:21 AM

Whoa, that's a lot of info!
It seems that we're doing the same research, with only difference that you're far ahead of me in it. :)
Do you plan to do something with this knowledge, like restoration mod perhaps? I was planning to do it myself, but as I suck in programming I would be more than happy if someone more expirieced will do this.

#7 redrake

redrake
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:35 AM

I'm going to re-add some of them as part of my IWD Fixpack. Some I've already add-ed. Other are a bit overpowering for their original place..
That is, if I managed to get some free time to finish the weidu part of my mod. :rolleyes:
Posted Image
Surrender or be squished!

#8 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:46 AM

I'm going to re-add some of them as part of my IWD Fixpack. Some I've already add-ed. Other are a bit overpowering for their original place..
That is, if I managed to get some free time to finish the weidu part of my mod. :rolleyes:

Perhaps it's worthy idea to split whole restoration stuff into 2 separate subcomponents: "fancy trinkets", like that bottle of permanent +1 to constitution, and "uber stuff", like that halberd +4 with 20% chance of stun. This way users will be able to chose what they want.
Also, do you plan to make your Fixpack compatible with G3's IWD Tweaks?

#9 grogerson

grogerson
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:27 AM

Whoa, that's a lot of info!
It seems that we're doing the same research, with only difference that you're far ahead of me in it. :)
Do you plan to do something with this knowledge, like restoration mod perhaps? I was planning to do it myself, but as I suck in programming I would be more than happy if someone more expirieced will do this.

I've been fiddling with the game, looking at it in NI, for over a year. Just look at the G3 tweaks forum. And like you, I've been thinking about a restoration mod, but taking on the WeiDU learning curve is a bit intimidating for a non-programmer.

Now you've my research to use, if you're interested. I've no idea what'll happen if you rename one of the unused lines in the rndtres.2da to one of the unused xxxx.itm files... :devil:

Perhaps it's worthy idea to split whole restoration stuff into 2 separate subcomponents: "fancy trinkets", like that bottle of permanent +1 to constitution, and "uber stuff", like that halberd +4 with 20% chance of stun. This way users will be able to chose what they want.
Also, do you plan to make your Fixpack compatible with G3's IWD Tweaks?

The reason the new Dale Tweaks kept the fixes component is that both Cam and I agreed redrake's fix focus was too limited. My experience is that you may find IWD in US stores, but the HoW expansion (which redrake's requires) is unavailable. As for compatability, unlike us redrake is taking on the learning curve, so your best bet is to ask CamDawg about it (though I'm beginning to wonder if he's away again with RL requirements). :whistling:

Edited by grogerson, 07 August 2007 - 05:29 AM.

#10 grogerson

grogerson
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:52 AM

Update:

I modified the rndtres.2da last night, renaming one of the unused lines to that of one of the unused xxxx.itm files. It works.

Now all I have to do is try adding a new line, using one of the unused xxxx.itm files, and see how that goes...

#11 redrake

redrake
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:24 PM

The reason the new Dale Tweaks kept the fixes component is that both Cam and I agreed redrake's fix focus was too limited. My experience is that you may find IWD in US stores, but the HoW expansion (which redrake's requires) is unavailable. As for compatability, unlike us redrake is taking on the learning curve, so your best bet is to ask CamDawg about it (though I'm beginning to wonder if he's away again with RL requirements). :whistling:

Yes, I can understand the RL requirements just fine. I too have some problems in RL and I was forced to put the mod development on hold for now. Especially since Weidu conversion of my mod is not going too fast, since I'm learning as I go. :(
Posted Image
Surrender or be squished!