I have made an art!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Isilven

Isilven

DANNY TREJO, DUKE OF THE WESTERN LOWLANDS

• 1236 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:26 PM

I've been having fun with teh drawing. I got a new desk, made it all pretty, and am now using it as my drawing station. I was bored, so I went ahead and made this. By the way, I hate not having a scanner. And I may draw more Chibis soon.

BTW: I'm taking requests, for either this style, or my chibi style, which you can see evidence of in the Fanart Challenge area :)

Attached Images

• S5000294.JPG

hlyeo.jpg

Inkosazana

"You just want them to be your panties, you dirty little girl!" -Ilmatar and Kellen
"Endure. In enduring, grow strong." -The Third Circle of Zerthimon

#2 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:20 AM

Oooh very pretty! I like the way you used two different pens to make the lineart. Somehow her boobies are really high, though. :blink:

Do show us moar of your artsies! :)

Edited by Ilmatar, 09 August 2007 - 01:21 AM.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#3 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:09 AM

Mmm, the face is real nice.

Hmm, but first I'll second the boobyriffic point Ilmy made there, then there's also her left shoulder which seems somewhat off-balance with the other shoulder, being somewhat bulkier and manlier maybe. :P
The neck area also, seems to technically have all the components that are supposed to be there, but it's maybe a slight bit overdefined; the rest of her is quite lightly shaded, but there you use both shading and black lines.

So, I'll echo the comment I have gotten for my drawings elsewhere: Study of anatomy is never wasted. ^^

Do post more! :)

Btw, the image pixel-size was kinda LARGE. :crazy:

Edited by WeeRLegion, 09 August 2007 - 02:09 AM.

#4 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:18 AM

Ooo-la-laaaa. :wub:

Not bad Isilven, and I've just got to say a bit more smoothing of some of the edges would help in some areas.

Do pretty please show us more pretties??? ^_^ uh I mean artsies. :D
Please? :)

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#5 Xav

Xav
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:31 AM

http://til.gamingsou...moon_star.shtml coincidence? :P

#6 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:21 AM

http://til.gamingsou...moon_star.shtml coincidence? :P

Heh, that was my thought exactly. :P

In any case, very lovely! The others said it already, but I'll repeat that the shoulder does seem a bit off, though.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#7 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:47 AM

Yeah, the left shoulder (right side of the picture) sticks out too far. That's easy to do, and I do it all the time myself. It's usually because I've drawn the armpit up too high. But your drawing is (and is supposed to be) stylized rather than strictly realistic, so tedious little details like that don't matter. It's still very nice!

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#8 Isilven

Isilven

• 1236 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:24 PM

Thanks for the tips, you guys! I suck at anatomy (I'm going to hate life in that class...hooray doctorate in medicine) and proportions, mainly because I use a line guide for the face/head and not for the body...I need to do that skeletal thing.

Also the coloring is off because I was limited in my pens...I usually use dip pens with nibs and India ink for the inking...but I can't find my ink bottle :(
I'll definately do more! ^_^ And sorry it's so big/blurry...we don't have a scanner so I have to take pictures of it with a camera :(

Oh, and yes, I did steal Moon-and-Star from the Nereverine :)

Edited by Isilven, 09 August 2007 - 12:24 PM.

hlyeo.jpg

Inkosazana

"You just want them to be your panties, you dirty little girl!" -Ilmatar and Kellen

#9 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:35 PM

I like Higgins' Black Magic ink myself. India ink is acidic and eats the nibs. The Black Magic ink is opaque, dark black, waterproof (when dry), and can be scratched off hot-press watercolor paper or vegetable parchment when it is dry and cured using nothing but a quick scratch with an exacto knife.

Technical explanations... well, I do calligraphy.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#10 Isilven

Isilven

• 1236 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:20 PM

I like Higgins' Black Magic ink myself. India ink is acidic and eats the nibs. The Black Magic ink is opaque, dark black, waterproof (when dry), and can be scratched off hot-press watercolor paper or vegetable parchment when it is dry and cured using nothing but a quick scratch with an exacto knife.

Will it get lifted by rubbing alcohol? That's what's used in colored pencil blenders.

BTW folks: DON'T USE COLORED PENCIL BLENDING PENS NEAR PERMANENT MARKERS. It will lift the pigment and spread it too. The pigment is the same we use for dying wigs, and we use rubbing alcohol to remove the dye. :)

hlyeo.jpg

Inkosazana

#11 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:38 PM

Will it get lifted by rubbing alcohol? That's what's used in colored pencil blenders.

BTW folks: DON'T USE COLORED PENCIL BLENDING PENS NEAR PERMANENT MARKERS. It will lift the pigment and spread it too. The pigment is the same we use for dying wigs, and we use rubbing alcohol to remove the dye. :)

Hmm. No idea. When I'm inking something, it's usually watercolor. I've never tried colored pencil blending pens, since I usually keep the sketchy look of the pencils.

berelinde's mods

#12 Isilven

Isilven

• 1236 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:45 PM

I made an Auron! It's my husband's D&D character :)

Attached Images

• LoS_001.jpg

Edited by Isilven, 09 August 2007 - 07:46 PM.

hlyeo.jpg

Inkosazana