is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:43 PM

Posted Image
#15 Challenge:
Your favourite mod NPC
Deadline: Friday, 24th August
Post your piece in this topic!

This subject was brought up in the previous challenge, and I liked the idea enough to challenge you to it! So time to pick your favourite mod NPC's and start drawing! The selection is indeed wide and still growing. Feel free to draw scenes from the mods, as well, just remember not to spoil others of the plot twists! NPC mod makers would do good to keep and eye on this thread as well - you might get illustrations of your characters!

You know the drill - any style goes as long as the product is your own! You've got two weeks to draw, have fun peeps!

Edited by Ilmatar, 23 August 2007 - 01:44 AM.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#2 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:17 PM

It may not be a valid entry, but it still feels quite relevant. <_<

NPCs.gif

#3 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:48 PM

Boo-yah! Fade happened before I even knew it. I don't really have a favourite mod NPC, but Fade was pretty nice, and teh sex with her leather outfits. :D Vilkie: that is indeed the sad truth. :D

fade.jpg

Edited by Ilmatar, 10 August 2007 - 02:49 PM.

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#4 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:23 PM

:wub: Now I know why I liked her for more than her personality. :D

And yes, leather outfits rock. Um, not pun intended. :D
Ah well, I'll post my primitive Fade drawing later today, got scanner issues and USB cable's gone missing again, just another day I suppose.
Its a bit bland to what I had hoped to acheive with two hours and five different pencils all not the shade that'd I hoped for, but anyone who is a fan of Fade, should recognise her and realise which this design was based on, but not completely copied from.
(if that was the case, it'd look muuuch better) :P :D

And truth sure is tough Vilkacis, can't wait to see more. :)

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#5 Isilven

Isilven

DANNY TREJO, DUKE OF THE WESTERN LOWLANDS

• 1236 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:50 PM

In the first one is a scene out of my mod! If you have Anomen and Aerie in the party, and Anomen fails the test, when you exit the Order of the Most Radiant Heart, Aerie begins a banter with Anomen wherein she tries to console him. He gets mad, and Anomen goes temporarily hostile (as per domination) and attacks Aerie.
Well, if you have Jailin and Virgil installed, Jailin stops him, and when he then attacks her, Jailin slaps him so hard he falls and proceeds to scream at him. They never really had a good relationship before this scene, and her dislike of him just reaches a breaking point.

The second is Jailin, Saerileth, and Virgil. I love my own mod children for good reason (seven years in the making...will be eight years as of October), and Saeri is just SO DARNED CUTE!
BTW: stupid Virgil would barely let me draw him, as such he has White-Out on his face. Jerk. :angry:

Attached Images

• JaiAnoOuch.JPG
  • JaiVirgilSaeri.JPG

hlyeo.jpg

Inkosazana

"You just want them to be your panties, you dirty little girl!" -Ilmatar and Kellen
"Endure. In enduring, grow strong." -The Third Circle of Zerthimon

#6 IronOx

IronOx

Pyongs owns all

• 124 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:01 PM

My entry will probably make you go 'Who's that?' because it's from an NPC Mod I never released anywhere. Why? Because it's my very first NPC so unless someone hacked in my computer and stole the files, you've never heard of him. Now for a little bit of background story.

His name is Yasumasa Li, in honor of two general from the Sengoku period in Japan: Sakakibara Yasumasa and Li Naomasa. He's a fighter that, although his family is from Kara-Tur, was born in Athkatla. His family moved in the City of Coin because of his father's lust for Kachiko's Wakizashi who was rumored to be able to slay a hundred monster in one swing. When his father died(of natural cause), he was bestowed upon the task of searching the legendary Wakizashi. This leads on to some skirmishes with other blade seekers and, eventually, with Kachiko which you must defeat one on one. The red sash he is wearing is the symbol that any blade seekers wears. It pretty much means 'You won't get the blade for yourself unless I die'.

My edited wakizashi actually spits meteor so it's amazingly hard to beat Kachiko one on one unless you do his NPC-specific quest. He's nothing special but he's my very first NPC so I'm pretty proud of him.

Yasumasa.png
'The only way to get thru this gate is to go thru me first!' -Tadakatsu

#7 Isilven

Isilven

• 1236 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:23 PM

I like him, Iron Ox. He looks dashing :)

hlyeo.jpg

Inkosazana

"You just want them to be your panties, you dirty little girl!" -Ilmatar and Kellen

#8 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:07 PM

Vilk: :ROFL:

Ilmy: :wub:

Isilven: Are you sure that Isn't a brothel in the background of the first pic? :rolleyes: :D

Iron: Dat's neat, as usual. ^^

#9 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:15 PM

Now I understand why Ano was angry with Aerie, heh heh. :lol:
Poor, poor Ano...
He has urges y'know Jailin. :lol:

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#10 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:09 PM

I think the first entry cloaks the entire challenge in wonderful irony, actually. Well done. :)

#11 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:30 PM

But....but where is Fade's tail?! :D
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#12 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:49 AM

But....but where is Fade's tail?! :D

Oh yeah she had a tail ummmm hidden behind her?

#13 Neferit

Neferit

In the name of Gaider, we fight!

• 414 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:52 AM

And here's my entry - Tsujatha! :wub:

Posted Image

Guess that the only one who really viewed in on my dA account was my friend Ave - and she already told me of every mistake I've done while drawing it. I think I've suffered decreased self-confidence :crying: :vbat: :lol: (well, that's what you got when you don't know how to draw properly :bi: )
Heck no, b - I used the word the way I use things like "twitter", and "iPod" - my first inclination is to ask "what birdcall are you studying?" and I think of "I pod, You (singular) pod, He pods, She pods, They pod, You (plural) pod, We pod..."

Writings ►☼◄ Visual Shiny Pretties ►☼◄ Another Writings

►☼◄

You think you still have some brain in your head?

►☼◄►☼◄

#14 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:09 AM

Vilkacis, you rock. That's too funny. Are there any NPCs that might apply?

Fade? Tiefling elf.
Kelsey? Not exactly a veteran dungeon crawler, but he's had experience as a caravan guard.
Tashia? Dunno about the experience.
Tsujatha? Extraplanar elf.
Amber? Tiefling.
Indira? Half-elf. Does that count?
Solaufein? Drow, but he isn't a ranger.
Iylos? Angst.
Saerileth? Extraplanar.
Finch? No dungeon crawling experience, although she's a traveling cleric.
Gavin? ibid
Mur'Neth? Dunno about the angst. He might be all right.
Nathaniel? Prolly OK, but maybe a bit angsty.
Chloe? Demi-god.
Yasraena? Drow, but not a ranger.
Kindrek? Angst.
Yikari? Not sure about the experience.
Hubblepot? Not sure about the experience.
Keto? We have a winner!

(I'm not counting BioWare NPCs that have been expanded in mods, because they're already covered in other challenges.)

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#15 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:28 AM

(I'm not counting BioWare NPCs that have been expanded in mods, because they're already covered in other challenges.)

Which reminds me - the Bioware NPC's that have mod romances don't count in this challenge, so Edwins and Imoens and all the others won't be counted to the stats. They're not mod NPC's, you understand, peeps.

#16 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:01 AM

*takes a bow*

(But... "Vilkie"? I think that's a new one. :P)

...at this point I feel I should probably admit that my first NPC idea involved a dark elf, too. A neutral wizard dark elf, but a dark elf nevertheless.

(Actually, I rather like Fade, even if she's an extraplanar elf. :shifty: But many of the other "special" NPCs get on my nerves.)

As for who might be able to apply... I think as long as they don't actually fall under any of the "absolutely not" descriptions, it works (especially since Charname is getting kind of desperate by now). Kelsey, Gavin and the lot, including half-elves, are fine.

(I should have put "chaotic good drow" in as well, because... argh. THERE ARE OTHER ALIGNMENTS.)

#17 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:16 AM

Well, a Gary Stu filter would remove Kelsey, but there are other mod npc's out there... lets take a look...

Tashia? Elf.

Neh'Taniel? Undead-and I think he's an elf, too.

Xan? Elf, and depressing as hell anyhow.

Kivan? Elf.

Valen? I'll leave this one up to you.

(Pardon the self-advertisement) Darian? Winged elf.

Nathaniel? I think we have a winner.

Kido? Completely insane, but that's okay.

Auren Aspeh? Sounds good to me.

Kiara? A little angst, but seems acceptable.

Bruce? Not sure about the experience.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#18 Neferit

Neferit

In the name of Gaider, we fight!

• 414 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:32 AM

And another entry of mine - a bit unrecognizable Rivian (with strange position of her hands) from Classic Adventure (TC is kind of mod, right?). Too lazy for trying to do the coloring now.

Posted Image

Sorry, Celestine, if you don't like how she looks - but at least I imagine her looking like the one on the picture.

EDIT: So I was able to do the coloring (brother didn't let me to work on computer for most of the afternoon):

Posted Image

Edited by Neferit, 11 August 2007 - 11:49 AM.

Heck no, b - I used the word the way I use things like "twitter", and "iPod" - my first inclination is to ask "what birdcall are you studying?" and I think of "I pod, You (singular) pod, He pods, She pods, They pod, You (plural) pod, We pod..."

Writings ►☼◄ Visual Shiny Pretties ►☼◄ Another Writings

►☼◄

You think you still have some brain in your head?

►☼◄►☼◄

#19 Isilven

Isilven

• 1236 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:59 AM

Can we just...y'know...filter out Kelsey forever?
I enjoyed him well enough...but after he gave my CHARNAME magical electric orgasms in the bathtub at the inn in Amkethran...heeee kinda scared her off. And me. :blink:

I say stick with Anomen. Or if somebody would revive the hidden Haer'Dalis romance, a la "Unfinished Business", stick with that :)

hlyeo.jpg

Inkosazana

#20 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:26 AM

Well, a Gary Stu filter would remove Kelsey, but there are other mod npc's out there... lets take a look...

Can we just...y'know...filter out Kelsey forever?

You need to listen to Kelsey Song, people.