• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#41 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:07 AM

Yeah, and I had to scrap the first draft of the entry I started Saturday because I accidentally inked the wrong line. It happens. I just thickened the correct lines with a soft graphite pencil, turned the sheet over onto another, and transfered it onto the clean sheet by rubbing on the back. The picture is a mirror image of the first one I tried, but it doesn't matter.

I'd be negligent if I didn't do one of my own NPC, so I did.

Gavin wants to know if you've seen his towel.

Attached Images

• GavinBathResize.jpg

Edited by berelinde, 13 August 2007 - 03:15 PM.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#42 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:51 PM

I don't really do inking, but they way i've heard it said, it's a pain to ink less-than-perfect lines... O-o

I never inked stuff before starting calligraphy. I found that with the water-based goache I was using for the illustrations, I was dragging graphite into areas I didn't want. So now I ink for everything that isn't pastels, and then I just draw with the pastels and smudge it around with my fingers.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#43 Isilven

Isilven

DANNY TREJO, DUKE OF THE WESTERN LOWLANDS

• 1236 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:04 PM

O_O Berelinde, please inform Gavin that he may use me as a towel :D

hlyeo.jpg

Inkosazana

"You just want them to be your panties, you dirty little girl!" -Ilmatar and Kellen
"Endure. In enduring, grow strong." -The Third Circle of Zerthimon

#44 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:06 PM

Teehee. That would *really* make him regret the water was so cold! :devil:

berelinde's mods

#45 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:10 PM

Oh, my god! Gavin is washing again! :)

Hips and moonlight. Moonlight and vodka. I like it.

#46 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:01 PM

Hmmm. O_O

That's, err, a really good setup, and again the coloring is nice.
Erm.
Only the shoulders seem somehow slightly off.

#47 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:48 AM

Odd. I don't think its the towel he's asking about. <_<
"What happens with the picture maybe?"

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#48 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:41 AM

Well, Gavin likes to be clean...

Yeah, shoulders give me a lot of trouble, even when I'm using a figure reference. Didn't the various creation models take into account the difficulty of drawing a ball and socket joint when deciding how to build a shoulder? <_<

berelinde's mods

#49 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:17 AM

d00d. Nice colours. And stuff.

Yeah, shoulders are evil. I tend to cleverly avoid drawing them. >D

My old idea involved a very, very old dark elf necromancer, ancient enough to actually look old, with corresponding awful physical stats (but semi-godlike mental ones - elf + starting wis 16 + max age = wis 20 omgwtfkgb). He'd have a problem similar to the PC's (apprentice imprisoned by the Cowled Wizards - you'd find said apprentice as a vampire in Spellhold, giving him motivation to stay with the PC to kill Bodhi and Irenicus), he would be able to offer a quicker route through the Underdark, and I had a lichdom quest plotted out for ToB.

I pretty much discarded the idea on charges of being too stu-ish, mostly due to high mental stats + actually using them + game assuming the party is a bunch of total morons = breakage. <_<

Something like that.
olddrow.jpg

Yeah, something's off about his chin/mouth. And his nose. And the eyes. But I can't fix it now, have to work. <_<

Also, drawing white hair and black skin with pencils = TEH SUX argh.

AND NO I DID NOT USE REVOLVER OCELOT AS A REFERENCE

#50 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:33 AM

Wow! That's really quite good. And yeah, white hair on a white background is just plain annoying to draw. Blond isn't much better, but at least you can put darker streaks in that.

He'd have to be pretty old for him to look that old, and great job portraying age. Sounds like an interesting NPC. Too bad it didn't work out.

berelinde's mods

#51 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:05 AM

Yeah, shoulders are evil. I tend to cleverly avoid drawing them. >D

I hear ya. But strangely can never stop trying to include them.
I suppose this is why I suck so badly with face only portraits. ;)

That's almost the image I had of Edwin actually, when he's older though, of course. :D
Nice one Vilkacis. :cheers:

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

~***~***~***~

#52 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:37 AM

Wow! That's really quite good. And yeah, white hair on a white background is just plain annoying to draw. Blond isn't much better, but at least you can put darker streaks in that.

He'd have to be pretty old for him to look that old, and great job portraying age. Sounds like an interesting NPC. Too bad it didn't work out.

I think I had intended him to be about 700 or so - a bit past the maximum possible natural age for a drow, using potions and such to stay alive until he can get around to "lichifying" himself.

I might still get around to making that mod, if I can just come up with a way of doing it that A, makes sense with such an old character and B, doesn't have him steal the spotlight and/or completely break the game. <_<

That's almost the image I had of Edwin actually, when he's older though, of course. :D
Nice one Vilkacis. :cheers:

Thx. :D

But if he's going to pass himself off as Edwin, he's going to need more nose rings. :P

#53 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:47 AM

Kido? Completely insane, but that's okay.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Thanks for making laugh so hard my co-worker looked with pain in the ears what was going on

edit: quote tags...

Edited by Deathsangel, 14 August 2007 - 04:49 AM.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#54 Neferit

Neferit

In the name of Gaider, we fight!

• 414 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:48 AM

Something for Bardess - sleeping Moddie the Vixen. That animal is absolutely insane! :lol: (and sorry if it doesn't look like a fox at all - I've never been good in drawing animals. Well, never have been good in drawing anything else than the childish-looking flowers <_< )

EDIT:

Posted Image

Edited by Neferit, 14 August 2007 - 12:30 PM.

Heck no, b - I used the word the way I use things like "twitter", and "iPod" - my first inclination is to ask "what birdcall are you studying?" and I think of "I pod, You (singular) pod, He pods, She pods, They pod, You (plural) pod, We pod..."

Writings ►☼◄ Visual Shiny Pretties ►☼◄ Another Writings

►☼◄

You think you still have some brain in your head?

►☼◄►☼◄

#55 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:27 AM

Well, one reason why it might not look like a fox is cuz the image seems really blurry. For all I know, it could very well be a...a beaver! Any chance you could clear that up?
(I like parentheses.)

#56 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:35 AM

Actually, it looks surprisingly like a fox. The head/body ratio is right, and the tail is the right length/thickness. The face is particularly vulpine. The only thing I'd change is that foxes have large, pointed, catlike ears. Those look more like bear ears, which are more rounded, and cookie-shaped.

berelinde's mods

#57 Neferit

Neferit

In the name of Gaider, we fight!

• 414 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:29 PM

Well, one reason why it might not look like a fox is cuz the image seems really blurry. For all I know, it could very well be a...a beaver! Any chance you could clear that up?

Since I don't have scanner, only digital camera and the only graphic programmes I can work with a bit are PhotoFiltre and GIMP, I doubt that the picture could be cleared <_< I tried to do it better - and edited the post before with it. Is it better?

Edited by Neferit, 14 August 2007 - 12:30 PM.

Heck no, b - I used the word the way I use things like "twitter", and "iPod" - my first inclination is to ask "what birdcall are you studying?" and I think of "I pod, You (singular) pod, He pods, She pods, They pod, You (plural) pod, We pod..."

Writings ►☼◄ Visual Shiny Pretties ►☼◄ Another Writings

►☼◄

You think you still have some brain in your head?

►☼◄►☼◄

#58 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:45 PM

Is it better?

Yes. Significantly :) .

And if I had anything to say about it, I'd say I'm with Berelinde about the ear(s). Other than that, though, coooool.
(I like parentheses.)

#59 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:58 AM

I swear that uh... Vixen, is grinning evily about something.
And with berelinde about the ears, doesn't exactly look very foxy... uh vixeny, no. What the hell am I trying to say again? ;) :lol:

Anyway looks good :cheers: , and you just reminded me that my scanner is down. :(

I swear guys I am gonna keep my promise before the challenge is over. They won't be A+ grade quality, but I'll try to make em as close as I can for you guys. ^_^
And only with 9 pencils at my disposal.
So sayeth SH. :lol:

~***~***~***~

#60 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:33 AM

And only with 9 pencils at my disposal.

That made me giggle. I work with a guy who does beautiful watercolors, but he's a gadget guy. The only time I ever did watercolor was when I was doing calligraphy, and that was goache, not watercolor, but the paints are similar: pigment, gum arabic, sugar, surfactant, and water. Goache just has something else in there for opacity. So we got to talking about the effect of environmental awareness on our palettes. He was going on about how he had to find substitutes for some of his colors because they weren't good for the environment, and he kept going on and on. Finally, I said "Just how many colors do you use? I think I've only got maybe 15 tubes of paint in my paintbox, and that includes white and the metalics I use instead of shell gold." The answer: over 80! He must really like throwing out unused dried-out paint tubes.

berelinde's mods