Unable to reach Soubar

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 --GuJiaXian--

--GuJiaXian--

Posted 19 August 2007 - 11:56 AM

I arrived at the River Chionthar and "solved" the mini-quest with the ogre dumping poison into the river. I crossed the bridge (obviously), though I have no diea where to go from here. I've tried leaving the screen from every direction, but I cannot seem to "unlock" the Soubar location. Any ideas?

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:03 PM

From what I remember the exit is on the left hand side of the river. I haven't played that mod in a while and working towards it now. Maybe in the upper left hand corner That is the only way to get there. In other words, you will not see the worldmap but rather an auto save will occur and the next area is Soubar village. Unless the new WM changed this. The bridge that you crossed is the rope bridge that Charlotte has to make?
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 --GuJiaXian--

--GuJiaXian--

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:42 PM

I don't recall ever creating a rope bridge. I came into the River screen on the left side and fought through a number of "rabid" animals. I found Charlotte on the right side, though I did cross a bridge of sorts to reach her (I was randomly poisoned as I crossed). I'm running 1.12, if that helps.

#4 GuJiaXian

GuJiaXian
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:49 PM

I confirm, I am in area 4220, which is the River Chionthar on the area map. I have tried exiting the area in every conceivable direction to no avail. Charlotte is standing on the east side of the screen next to the ruined stone buildings; the only dialog options she has are whether or not I want her to join my party.

#5 GuJiaXian

GuJiaXian
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:51 PM

Never mind. The exit was in the upper left corner, though it was very poorly visually defined. Clicking on the edge of the screen didn't work, though clicking a scant inch to the right did. I'd highly recommend making this clearer somehow...it was very frustrating.

#6 GuJiaXian

GuJiaXian
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:55 PM

This gets better and better. I managed to make it across the raging river, though zoning into the town itself crashes the game entirely. The Beregost video from BG1 plays, and then the game quits to the Windows desktop...every time. Might someone have the area code to Soubar so that I can just warp directly there? I'm ready to just skip the add-on and go beat Irenicus.

#7 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:32 PM

Glad you made it. The rope bridge is made to go across the river w/out ice damage. If you are on the left side press your tab key and that will highlight items( on the ground if you lose them) and also chests, etc. You should see a handbag icon, that's the rope. There should be two areas with the two circle arrows. Use one player on each side of the river to activate it.
AR4230 I believe. Here are some important questions:
1. Is this the only mod you have installed? Post your weidu log if you have more than SoS
2. Did you check the bug thread in the SoS forum for version 1.12. If it is the mod's fault there probably is a fix in that forum. If you have a megamod installation, post in megamod help. There could be other factors and those who have the same mods installed can have a fix
3. Did you delete your cache folder in the SoA directory? If not, do that first.
4. Do you have worldmap 6.6 installed? That is mandatory for all of the new mods, even standalone I believe.
Good luck and hope it isn't anything crucial
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#8 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:33 PM

Interesting about the ctd. I was getting that a lot playing through the later parts of ROT, and I thought it might be my video card. Or its possible an area file has been corrupted somehow.

Suprisingly everything in Soubar quests worked fine for me. However, I followed the walkthrough exactly. Definitely recommended to read it for this mod.

My only problem now is that Selence's quest will not start.

#9 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:46 PM

maximus2001, wait a few days after you have talked to her about the quests. Maybe 3-4 game days. I would talk to her about the job and if nothing I would rest a day. After three times it worked.
Hope that helps

- King Diamond