Haeball and the Magic Bow of the Elves

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:45 AM

Magic Bow of the Elves:

The quest not start when I speak to Haeball (Larswood).

Pheraps start later.....?

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:45 AM

His quest doesn't start until after you fight his assistant in BG city, near the Sorceror Sundries.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:45 PM

His quest doesn't start until after you fight his assistant in BG city, near the Sorceror Sundries.

But The Haeball's assistant is the Monk next to her (Hasdar)?
Because when I try to speak with him "He has nothing to say".... :unsure:

Help :crying:

PS: I have read also the Walkthrough: :ph34r:

Magic Bow of the Elves
This quest is given by Haeball (Larswood) or the Nameless Demons (Solitary Valley).
You must go to the North Forest and rob the owner of the bow. Killing the good elves doesn't give you any points...

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:01 AM

Hasdar doesn't kick in until you complete the quest for the Lady of the Mist standing next to him. Since her quest requires you to go through the Candlekeep crypts, you aren't going to talk to Hasdar until the later chapters. Therefore, you won't get this quest until near the end of the game.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#5 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:41 PM

Hasdar doesn't kick in until you complete the quest for the Lady of the Mist standing next to him. Since her quest requires you to go through the Candlekeep crypts, you aren't going to talk to Hasdar until the later chapters. Therefore, you won't get this quest until near the end of the game.

Thanks SBB :)

#6 swak62

swak62
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:02 PM

In my current game, I went and stole (picked pocket) the Goblin Bow, went back to Larswood to give it to Haeball so I can get my reward and the mage's body to finish the Nameless Demon's quest, only to have Haeball's dialog revert back to how it was before he even gave me the quest. Now am I suppose to 'kill' the elf who has the bow and retrieve it that way? From what I recall of the dialog for this quest, I was suppose to 'buy' the bow from the elf, but kind of difficult to do when he won't talk to you. So is this a glitch or am I suppose to just 'sell' the bow to Haeball in his store, then somehow retrieve the body of the mage?

#7 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:17 AM

In my current game, I went and stole (picked pocket) the Goblin Bow, went back to Larswood to give it to Haeball so I can get my reward and the mage's body to finish the Nameless Demon's quest, only to have Haeball's dialog revert back to how it was before he even gave me the quest. Now am I suppose to 'kill' the elf who has the bow and retrieve it that way? From what I recall of the dialog for this quest, I was suppose to 'buy' the bow from the elf, but kind of difficult to do when he won't talk to you. So is this a glitch or am I suppose to just 'sell' the bow to Haeball in his store, then somehow retrieve the body of the mage?

Do you have the most recent version (171)? If you're not sure, post your weidu.log (which should be always attached or put in spoiler tags when you report bugs).

So, tell me if I'm wrong, you have already got his quest, someone in your party has the bow, but he doesn't remember that he gave you the quest, and he doesn't even remember that you've spoken with Hasdar?

Could you tell me what comes out if you use the following 'cheats', using, instead of [variable], the following, and the code provided below?
HasdarSaysNew
HaeballSaysNew
HaeballQuestWanted
NTHaebalGivesQuest

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("[variable]","Global")

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#8 swak62

swak62
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:28 PM

Do you have the most recent version (171)? If you're not sure, post your weidu.log (which should be always attached or put in spoiler tags when you report bugs).

So, tell me if I'm wrong, you have already got his quest, someone in your party has the bow, but he doesn't remember that he gave you the quest, and he doesn't even remember that you've spoken with Hasdar?

Could you tell me what comes out if you use the following 'cheats', using, instead of [variable], the following, and the code provided below?
HasdarSaysNew
HaeballSaysNew
HaeballQuestWanted
NTHaebalGivesQuest

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("[variable]","Global")

Your assessment is correct:

I'm playing through the BiG World Project, and have installed v1.70 with the v1.71 patch. I heard about Near Infinity and have used that to find the possible dialog options with that and played around to see how these variables are played out. I tried SetGlobal("HaeballQuestWanted","Global",2) with no results, but I noticed that things happen differently if you kill Hasdar, and the game proceeds in a more logical manner. Although the logic of robbing/killing Hasdar is illogical, especially for a party of Good characters. To achieve this though, I found that if I drop the book, talk to Hasdar, then kill him, pick up the book and the game proceeds. Then I go back to Haeball, who tells me about the death of Hasdar and gives me the Magic Bow Quest. From there, after retrieving the bow and returning, he attacks. From here, I can then get the body for the Nameless Demons Quest. It seems the key trigger is that Hasdar MUST die!!

I have read earlier comments about the 'bad logic' of this mod, but in this instance, I find the logic downright FRUSTATING!! For as long as this mod has been around, I am rather surprised that work has not been done to improve this and have things proceed in a smoother, more logical manner. Such as more dialog options with Fey'doch for the bow, or a way to take revenge on Hasdar for stealing the book.

If perhaps it is a bug in my instalation, here's my Weidu.log for your perusal.

Attached Files

#9 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:54 PM

Your assessment is correct:

I'm playing through the BiG World Project, and have installed v1.70 with the v1.71 patch. I heard about Near Infinity and have used that to find the possible dialog options with that and played around to see how these variables are played out. I tried SetGlobal("HaeballQuestWanted","Global",2) with no results, but I noticed that things happen differently if you kill Hasdar, and the game proceeds in a more logical manner. Although the logic of robbing/killing Hasdar is illogical, especially for a party of Good characters. To achieve this though, I found that if I drop the book, talk to Hasdar, then kill him, pick up the book and the game proceeds. Then I go back to Haeball, who tells me about the death of Hasdar and gives me the Magic Bow Quest. From there, after retrieving the bow and returning, he attacks. From here, I can then get the body for the Nameless Demons Quest. It seems the key trigger is that Hasdar MUST die!!

I have read earlier comments about the 'bad logic' of this mod, but in this instance, I find the logic downright FRUSTATING!! For as long as this mod has been around, I am rather surprised that work has not been done to improve this and have things proceed in a smoother, more logical manner. Such as more dialog options with Fey'doch for the bow, or a way to take revenge on Hasdar for stealing the book.

If perhaps it is a bug in my instalation, here's my Weidu.log for your perusal.

I don't think that you need to kill Hasdar. Actually, it wouldn't be so evil just to kill all demons; anyway, Haeball and Hasdar are both evil themselves, as the former kills you as soon as you give him the book, and the latter doesn't pay you.

Anyway, I'll try to see why that problem happened, because it does seem quite illogical.

I tried SetGlobal("HaeballQuestWanted","Global",2) with no results

The variable HaeballQuestWanted should be lower than two, for him to notice that you have the book/bow. It's set to 2 only, when he finally attacks you (which meens, in any case, if you have any of those items).

I'll see what I can find out, anyway

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg