Photo

COMMENTS about PoOC #19

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
216 replies to this topic

#1 Chiglet

Chiglet
  • 405 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:42 PM

Both Screenshooting Guides from Shadow' and Divine Avenger, along with Other Useful Tips and Tricks with contributions from Floydian1, trollf, Badmagic, Gadar, Spike, and an ever-growing list of others, have been moved to a separate thread:

Click Here for Screenshooting Guides and Other Useful Tips and Tricks

Click Here for Generating Faces in Oblivion: A Compilation of Guides, Tips and Tricks from the Community

Please Read the Rules and Guidelines Before Posting (in "addition" to all the ones Spellhold Studios already require)

Winner of the most frequently given tip to new screenshooters, and deserving to be mentioned in the op:
To get rid of the HUD (Menu), use the console command "~", then "TM" to Toggle Menu Off/On. :)

And the runner up may be: How to add a caption and get rid of ImageShack Ads/the Golden Frog, etc. Also, may be applicable for ridding other sites' ads.
One more: A short summary post of how to do an action screenshot.

New as of SHS Thread #1

A new feature, to the POOC Thread, is the attachment function for posting. Images up to 512kb can be attached in your post =)

Pictures of Oblivion Characters - Screenie Thread #19 here

#2 Flucidity

Flucidity

Screen Shot Jockey/Mod Fiddler

• Modder
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:22 PM

Fundies

Exnem's Wearable Underwear Retex Version 2

Lots of Pics HERE

Download Here

This is the pdf readme file:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Flucidity, 13 September 2007 - 11:28 PM.

Sig.jpg

A rare beauty in the north, she's the finest lady on earth.
A glance from her, the whole city falls; a second glance leaves the whole nation in ruins.
There exists no city or nation, that has been more cherished
Than a beauty like this.
-Han Dynasty poet Li Yannian

Flucidity's Texture Resource

#3 Rumpleteasza

Rumpleteasza

Bargain-Bin Bondgirl

• 288 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 01:55 AM

:ROFL: :ROFL: And once again, Rummsies makes my day. Can you just imagine the world if *we* ran it? Er, no, don't do that. :P Thanks so much on Sid - it was a real pleasure to see Shamanih again. Too bad you can't make hair - I want *that* hair ingame. :cheers:

Me too :lol: But hair in-game has never worked the way I wanted it to. I know you can rig hair to move and flow with a character, because I've seen them do it with Tomb Raider. Until then, photoshop will have to do - by the way, I'd like to extend the offer that if anyone wants their character's hair done (primarily if they're using It's A Wig, I suppose, because there's not much that needs doing with Rens), I am more than willing to give it the same treatment that Shamanih's gets. I'm the digital hairdresser :D But without the smalltalk.
New avatar in honour of SeV/Jade, because everyone knows Jade brings all the (elves? Humans? Tabaxi? Let's just say girls, shall we?) to the yard.
Well... not quite so appropriate now I changed it. Sorry, Jadikins. <3 <3

The King and I
The Emperor and I

#4 Chiglet

Chiglet
  • 405 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:58 AM

Computer haiku of the day:
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Interesting animal fact of the day: A squirrel cannot contract or carry the rabies virus.

International video of the day: Mashimaro - Moon

Cute and funny video of the day: piano hamster

@ Floydian1 - Love the shiney wings and such on them. :cheers:
Great colour here, though I'm not sure how well pink (or would you call it mauve?) wings work with an "evil" character.

@ Hector - Titillating, yet not over-done, and it moves with him quite well. :Tasty: :new_thumbs:
IMO, Hector's had a fan club from the first time he was seen way back when. :whistling: :blush:

@ Zombie216 - Nice and green. :)
What is the curved thing on the back of his head?

@ Ginnyfizz - Love the outfit. :) Just sheer enough to make one wonder and look twice. (some people more)

@ Spike4072 - The once mighty have fallen. Will be interesting to follow what happens next with Denesta. :unsure:

@ guest - That doesn't look like a very comfortable spot to lie down. ^_^

Ok, my examples for sigs are in the art section check em out

Very nice work on those. :new_thumbs:

Okay my normal comment post will be delayed until tomorrow morning (movie went on a bit longer than thought it would :whistling: )

What movie did you see?

@Chiglet: Thanx! The colors are from MS14 quest - "A Brush With Death". The painted-like scenario and the troll are also from this quest - It isn't lovely?
And I never watched that movie, is it good?

Ah. I thought the colours and scene looked somehwhat familiar. :) Very lovely. :)
Rocky Horror is sort of a spoof of the science fiction genre movies. Mostly the B-rate ones. If you can rent it at all, I'd recommend it. Though it's much better when seen in a theatre with the full stage show going on. :)

#5 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:41 AM

Me too :lol: But hair in-game has never worked the way I wanted it to. I know you can rig hair to move and flow with a character, because I've seen them do it with Tomb Raider. Until then, photoshop will have to do - by the way, I'd like to extend the offer that if anyone wants their character's hair done (primarily if they're using It's A Wig, I suppose, because there's not much that needs doing with Rens), I am more than willing to give it the same treatment that Shamanih's gets. I'm the digital hairdresser :D But without the smalltalk.

If you could do the white version of that wig Shamanih uses that would be nice, I believe it's that same one as my fairy character Sapphire uses. :)
Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!

#6 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:25 AM

Drat, I started this post and then closed the window when I was only half done :doh: :doh:

Anyway....

Quote of the day: The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.

Useless fact of the day: Bookkeeper is the only word in the English language with three consecutive double letters.

Word of the day: ignoble \ig-NOH-bul\, adjective: 1. Of low birth or family; not noble; not illustrious; plebeian; common; humble.

Radicus

Post #189: Wonderful shot of the Orrery :)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: Any chance that shirt was hosted at somewhere other than Tesdb?

Highpressure

Post #189: Wonderful group shots of your characters, they all look amazing :)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: Just a quick thank you to you for having your own website where your mods are hosted, with Tesdb down and possibly not going to be able to use it's file database your site just became one of the largest collections of exnems mods in one place :)

Ryu Doppler

Post #191: Very nice, it looks like he is planning something...

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: With that much space I can't wait to see what that mods looks like when it's done :)

Leomorq

Post #192: Really nice, that troll almost looks friendly :)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: How did you get back in after you finished the quest?

Spike4072

Post #193: so, out favorite little necromancer isn't actually an evil necromancer? This changes everything :)

Post #203: looks like it is time for her to start over :)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: (no questions so just another comment) I really like how you had her hair and eyes change color once the demon left :)

Chimera

Post #194: One of the your best so far :)

Post #205: I almost thought this was a repost :) Very nice effect, it really does look woolly :)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: Is that just a blur effect on the sweater or did you do something else to it?

Floydian1

Post #194: awesome, I love those claws and blades they have :)

Post #198: Ooo very nice :)

Post #201: Wings of blood :)

Post #207: Another awesome shot that dragon is sure in for a fight :)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: Where are the arm-guards Sia is wearing from?

ChaironDeCeleste

Post #196: Very nice, though that blade looks a bit big for her :)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: I get a feeling this will become a common question but, was that sword hosted on any other site besides Tesdb?

Chiglet

Post #197: Now that is an evil looking family :)

Post #197 part 2: Hmm might wanna use the Forecasters will mod to make it a clear day, the clouds seem to be in the way a little ;)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: Is that a custom version of the darkness illusion heavy armor with the armor parts removed and retextured?

Hector the Hooded

Post #199: What is so great about that banner on the wall you would hurt your back to point at it? :)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: I might be wrong but hasn't he had a fan club for quite some time? :)

Zombie 216

Post #200: Wait, so these shots are reposts? Or are you just saying that you don't think they are original? Answer carefully :ph34r: (Just kidding, maybe)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: Nice to see I am not the only one looking forward to Crysis :) Are you in the MP beta? (either the Fileplanet one or the Incrsis one)

Ginnyfizz

Post #202
: Very nice, I love those tattoos on her face :)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: Apologies about commenting on the tattoos so much, they are just really good :)

Kalia

Post #204: :blink: :blink: Wow....she looks amazing, Really like all those spikes coming out of her back :)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: And that was made using just Nikskope?! not blender? Wow *hurries away to read more Nifskope tutorials*

KadajX

Post #206(Mature theme): You know, I think you win the award for pictures that are the most "adult" that don't contain nudity :)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: Do you do any sort of editing on your pictures?

Okay my normal comment post will be delayed until tomorrow morning (movie went on a bit longer than thought it would :whistling: )

What movie did you see?

Mars Attacks :)

Edited by Karandras, 14 September 2007 - 07:25 AM.

Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#7 Chiglet

Chiglet
  • 405 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:16 AM

@ Hector - I think IG Hector is trying to let us know to be on the lookout for a missing ring. Said ring should match the ring on his left hand. He seems to be rather upset over the loss too
Very nice textures btw. I'm wondering if you can get the knuckles on the back of his hands to stand out a bit, would the same technique work for the veins?

Chiglet
Post #197: Now that is an evil looking family :)
Post #197 part 2: Hmm might wanna use the Forecasters will mod to make it a clear day, the clouds seem to be in the way a little ;)
Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: Is that a custom version of the darkness illusion heavy armor with the armor parts removed and retextured?

Mars Attacks :)

Evil is as evil does. :devil: They're really not that bad once you get to know them. Just don't accept any invitations to come by for dinner,...
:lol: The pics were taken just after a fairly heavy storm. Those clouds are a blessing. Especially when one lives in an area that's been in drout conditions for 30 years.
Do you mean Aubret's outfit? That's from the Exnemised Ahren's Truhe. (not sure if I spelled that correctly). And I don't have a link currently. Sorry :(
That was one fun movie! Laughed my a double s off

#8 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:25 AM

Actually, I plan too - I'm also going to make the skin more "Speckled or rough" to look more real. After I get the damned normal maps working *grumble*.

Edited by Hector the Hooded, 14 September 2007 - 09:42 AM.

#9 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:36 AM

@Karandras, the pauldrons are from babarized exnem vampiress armor, I retextured them and added them to the bloodrayne dress Sia is wearing and kalia added them to the outfit Crystal is wearing.

Edited by Floydian1, 14 September 2007 - 09:36 AM.

Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!

#10 leomorg

leomorg

What you're looking at?

• 128 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:29 AM

@Karandras: Thanx:D

I placed a portal to that plane in one of the testing hall's doors ;)
Posted Image

Caine's Outfit - because evil assassins need evil looking gear!

Caine's album - contains tons of shots of... a evil assassin wearing evil looking gear!

#11 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:37 AM

@ Karandras - Nope, not *made* - mashed *together* :P Those are all bits from released stuff, the jdayt satyr beta female stuff & the warlock gear specifically. back spikes are from the warlock gear, as well as the beribboned horns, the rest of the spikey/horny bits are from the satyr stuff - just put together in nifskope in a custom combo kinda way.

#12 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:39 AM

Spike4072

Post #193: so, out favorite little necromancer isn't actually an evil necromancer? This changes everything :)

Post #203: looks like it is time for her to start over :)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: (no questions so just another comment) I really like how you had her hair and eyes change color once the demon left :)

Thanks. I am not planing on leaving her like that I just dont know how I want her to regain her power yet.

#13 Ginnyfizz

Ginnyfizz
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:46 AM

Btw, I have to say, I am having trouble with that evil little minx, Emilie. She says she will not come out to play until the shop is released. The little strumpet wants to flaunt herself in front of Jasmine to make Lucien jealous...

#14 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 01:59 PM

Posted Image

Yikes! Someone had a bad day. :lol:
Very nice Rogue. :cheers:

Posted Image

Lovely character Treetop. :cheers:

@Floydian: Nice video. :D
@Hector: Lol! Not someone I would want to mess with. Cool screens. :)
@Chiglet: Nice screens as well. :)

Sorry if my comments sound somewhat redundant. :lol:

Edited by Shadow', 14 September 2007 - 02:01 PM.

Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

The official Oblivion Screenshot Ninja Posted Image Posted Image

#15 Zombie216

Zombie216

Crysis Slave

• 212 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:10 PM

karandas, i wish i was in the beta.... but 25th demo comes out yay!

#16 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:45 PM

Edit: Something I just learned about: If you have Doxophobia please do not read this post!

@Karandras, the pauldrons are from babarized exnem vampiress armor, I retextured them and added them to the bloodrayne dress Sia is wearing and kalia added them to the outfit Crystal is wearing.

Ah okay, that explains that :)

@Karandras: Thanx:D

I placed a portal to that plane in one of the testing hall's doors ;)

Hmm thats a good idea...*Puts up a quick portal to the CS and runs through*

@ Karandras - Nope, not *made* - mashed *together* :P Those are all bits from released stuff, the jdayt satyr beta female stuff & the warlock gear specifically. back spikes are from the warlock gear, as well as the beribboned horns, the rest of the spikey/horny bits are from the satyr stuff - just put together in nifskope in a custom combo kinda way.

Mashed together works :) All those spikes make her look very chaotic (in a good way if you know what I mean) :)

Thanks. I am not planing on leaving her like that I just don't know how I want her to regain her power yet.

hmm well in case you are looking for ideas:

1. Long trip to Blackmarsh lasting several years.

2. Grand duel in some scenic location.

3. Dance competition.

4: Cookie making contest.

5: Look alike contest.

6: Pie eating contest.

7. Trivia of the Stargate episode "Counterstrike"

8: Take the SAT.

9: Create a more worthless list of contests than this one.

Thats all for now :)

Btw, I have to say, I am having trouble with that evil little minx, Emilie. She says she will not come out to play until the shop is released. The little strumpet wants to flaunt herself in front of Jasmine to make Lucien jealous...

Well at least this can be added to the list of things to look forward to :)

karandas, i wish i was in the beta.... but 25th demo comes out yay!

Very true, I can't wait :) The only problem I have found with the game is that you wont be able to cut down trees with bullets unless you have a DX10 graphics card :( (also no day/night cycle) (Sorry about the off-topic Hector, I will get back to Oblivion soon enough :) )

Now for the comments on all 7 posts today...wow slow day...I need to post some pictures again...and a movie, and work on some UFF mods, and work on butter...so why the heak do I keep playing Bioshock?! Oh well

Quote of the day: An inventor is simply a fellow who doesn't take his education too seriously.

Useless fact of the day: Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.

Word of the day: ignoramus \ig-nuh-RAY-mus\, noun: An ignorant person; a dunce.

Rogue Sun

Picture(s)
Post #2
Picture 1

Comments: I must say, She does not look happy at all :)

Things that pop into my head: Is she supposed to be evil? Her expression says yes but the fact the light is white says no.

Chiglet

Picture(s)
Post #3
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Post #5
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

Comments: Very nice posing in picture 3 of post 5, it really does look like he is whispering in her ear.

Things that pop into my head: Why is it Aubret's face seems half light and half dark? Is she a Glass half fun kind of person? :)

Hector the Hooded

Picture(s)
Post #4
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

Comments: (pic 1)He is huge :) (pic 2) I am sure he is just showing off his nice rings, not trying to give the finger to every single person who sees the picture, right? :)

Things that pop into my head: How did you get those veins and burns? Just add them using GIMP/Photoshop?

Treetop Smoker

Picture(s)
Post #6
Picture 1
Post #12
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

Comments: Beautiful as ever :) Post 12 was really good, the lighting went perfectly with the outfit :)

Things that pop into my head: Haven't I seen this picture before? :unsure:

Shadow'

Picture(s)
Post #7
Picture 1
Picture 2
Post #9
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Picture 6
Picture 7
Picture 8
Picture 9
Picture 10
Picture 11
Picture 12
Picture 13
Picture 14

Comments: All very nice, 3,5,9, and 10 and my favorite of Post 9 :) Post 7 also looked amazing :) (though for different reasons :whistling:)

Things that pop into my head: Hunting down hero hopefuls sure isn't very nice :) Though I do think the blood in post 13 should have been a bit thicker (at least close to the corpse :) )

Floydian1

Video(s)
Post #8
Video 1 (Youtube)

Comments: Nice "little" battle you had there :) it was a bit hard to see at times but most of the time I could tell what was happening :) (By the way, Very nice idea using one of your pictures as a link :) )

Things that pop into my head: Why was it a few seconds in her wings got those strange red lines on them? was that blood?

Ginnyfizz

Picture(s)
Post #10
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

Comments: Parade her charms indeed, she looks lovely. :) Oh and hats off to Flucidity for those awesome textures :)

Things that pop into my head(that are fit to post): You can be court marshaled for drooling? I am doomed :)

JazzJR

Picture(s)
Post #11

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Short Story
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5

Comments: I like him :) (Although he really should work on not being caught :) )

Things that pop into my head: Is the order of those pictures right? Based on their names you posted them as 1,3,4,2,5 :whistling: (Holy Slaughterfish! :) )

So what are everyones views on the new style? With there only being a few posts today it seemed a good time to try out my new ideas :) The main thing it fixed from the old one was the problem I had when I said things like "All of those shots are awesome" and then only linked one. This way they are still organized and yet still has plenty of options for comments. Oh and the change from "Suggestions/questions/answers to questions" to "Things that pop into my head" fixed the minor problem of me being unable to think of a questions or come up with suggestions :) So, like it? hate it? Wish to burn it alive? Promote it to a saint?

Edited by Karandras, 14 September 2007 - 06:46 PM.

Posted Image

#17 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:18 PM

@ Karandas - Gimp? GIMP?!?!?! HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME MORTAL!!! Actually its photoshop. I <3 photoshop.

Things left to be done for the shop -

Write the readme (Soul Slayer)
Test to make sure the items work (Soul Slayer)
Upload (Soul Slayer)

Future versions of shop -

Fixed/Add correct item weight/cost. (they are wonky right now, and it will be tedious to fix - so thats in the next version!)
Add Shopkeeper
Add Soul Slayers new items.

All poking now goes to Soul Slayer! I'm done, peeps!

Edited by Hector the Hooded, 14 September 2007 - 04:25 PM.

#18 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:34 PM

@ Karandas - Gimp? GIMP?!?!?! HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME MORTAL!!! Actually its photoshop. I <3 photoshop.

Things left to be done for the shop -

Write the readme (Soul Slayer)
Test to make sure the items work (Soul Slayer)
Upload (Soul Slayer)

Future versions of shop -

Fixed/Add correct item weight/cost. (they are wonky right now, and it will be tedious to fix - so thats in the next version!)
Add Shopkeeper
Add Soul Slayers new items.

All poking now goes to Soul Slayer! I'm done, peeps!

Yeash...the post has been updated to say Gimp/Photoshop, happy now? :)

Glad to hear the shop is nearly done :) I suspect it will be worth the wait :)

(I also updated the post with treetop's new post and JazzJR's post plus a few minor fixes)
Posted Image

#19 Zombie216

Zombie216

Crysis Slave

• 212 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:28 PM

rogue sun let me in on your photoshop secrets ^_^

#20 Flucidity

Flucidity

Screen Shot Jockey/Mod Fiddler

• Modder
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:05 PM

@Shadow Very nice shots, where did you get the glowy sword? I must have

@Ginnyfizz Nice Shots, especially like the gold orange undies. But I never did like chainmail or any other mail in my crotch. Where'd you get the undies anyway? :whistling:

@Hector Nastaszia said to tell you she's gonna kick your ass for fun

Sig.jpg

A rare beauty in the north, she's the finest lady on earth.
A glance from her, the whole city falls; a second glance leaves the whole nation in ruins.
There exists no city or nation, that has been more cherished
Than a beauty like this.
-Han Dynasty poet Li Yannian

Flucidity's Texture Resource