Annalesca Mod

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SaintZenn

SaintZenn

Best game ever

• 419 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:29 PM

As some of you may know I write a character named Annalesca (Misery & Happiness, Twist of Fate). Now this mod would be different than my character's normal background. She wouldn't be a Bhaalspawn, she'd simply be the sister of Sarevok. Now this would have two parts to it. One would simply add in a little note to Sarevok's diary after the death of his foster mother that he sent his little sister to The Spires of the Morning in Waterdeep and that he would send for her when the time came. Now for the actual Ncp part:

Anna (As she likes to be called) worships a little known deity called Hoar, god of revenge, retribution and poetic justice. She's looking for her brother's killer. She doesn't mention his name just calls him "Big brother" all the time. She paints the picture of a brother that always protected her from an abusive father while her mother was useless to help her. She is used to people being cruel to the world while at the same time being good to the people they care for, the ones they protect.

She's a lawful neutral pure cleric who will never leave an evil party nor a good party. She will have a romance with a male pc and have a friendship with a female pc. She will judge the pc on how he treats her not the world, except children, she will not tolerate hurting a child. They can be public enemy number one but if you treat her right she'll still love you if you treat her badly watch out for betrayal.

She can be convinced to go back to her worship of Lanthander at some point as a new worshiper of Hoar she'll still have some tendencies to act like a Lanthandian (i.e. praying at sunrise, quoting "From death comes life" when someone dies)

She will be very conflicted but not dramatic with the thoughts of hurting the killer of her brother. She's only heard rumors about her brother and the pc but she has convinced herself that the brother that always protected her wouldn't hurt so many people. Sure she knew that her brother was slightly nutty with spikey armor and a sword of such a size it suggests a certain... overcompensation... and slightly megalomaniac... was just misunderstood. Alright she knows her brother was off his rocker but refuses to accept that he was a Child of Bhaal and would go around murdering people for the fun of it.

Her past is littered with abuse from her father, hence the reason why she won't let anyone harm a child, but she is not whiney like someone missing their wings. If anything she's proud to have survived it all and to have such a brother to protect her when he was around... and mad at him for not always being there. Even though she knows deep down inside that Sarevok couldn't always be there.

That's all I can think of at the moment and it's half an hour past my bedtime. Sheesh I'm getting old. :rolleyes:
My Deviantart account

Mme. Thenardier:
I used to dream that I would meet a prince
But God Almighty, have you seen what's happened since?
Master of the house? Isn't worth me spit!
`Comforter, philosopher' and lifelong sh*t!
Cunning little brain, regular Voltaire
Thinks he's quite a lover but there's not much there
What a cruel trick of nature landed me with such a louse
God knows how I've lasted living with this bastard in the house!

#2 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:44 PM

Sounds very interesting to me. I'd play it. :)

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#3 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:52 PM

I second that. I think you've put alot of thought into this and the mod looks interesting.

#4 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:57 PM

Thirded, sounds like a good idea, and the nasty past idea is never outdated, though of course never liked. -_-

I'd definetly give this NPC a shot Zenn, worth the effort methinks. :)

Edit: Oh and interesting choice with the diety. Very applicable for this case. :D

Edited by Solar's Harper, 17 September 2007 - 08:58 PM.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:34 PM

:new_thumbs:
I trust this to be SoA mod, first. So you can establish this char, but remember to keep the evil options in mind for evil mainchars, so you probably might have to make two(different kinds of) chars in the ToB, as her brother comes back. But that's a long way away, but keep it in mind, but just DO NOT THINK ABOUT IT, yet!

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#6 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:30 AM

We could always use another cleric. :)
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#7 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 02:18 AM

I think that this has the potential to be really cool - an opposite perspective on the villain of BG1 could be really refreshing. And, as theacefes said, clerics are cool! I do think that it needs to be handled right, though. You'll obviously have a good handle on your character since you've been writing so much about her, but sometimes I find that characters like this can come across as the author trying to put her view across through the NPC. If she constantly defends Sarevok, even starting to convince characters like Jaheira who've seen Sarevok in action, then that's too much. What I'd like to see is Jaheira putting her smartly in her place, as Jaheira would.

I was also wondering, when would the player or the other NPCs find out that it's Sarevok she's talking about?

#8 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:42 PM

Beautiful.
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#9 Unmei

Unmei
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 02:56 PM

I really like the sound of this. :) It has promise.