Photo

More Doorway Problems (Fixed - read if curious :)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Woden

Woden
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:13 PM

This one is happening in Spellhold.

I have completed The first spellhold dungeon (AR1512) - that is to say I got the hand (from Dace's corpse) and the crystal fragment (from the kobolds) and talked to the head door that opens to lead to the entrance to AR1514. Unfortunately the mouth of the head isn't opening.

I have the journal entry that indicates that it should be open. I also still have the head and the crystal in my inventory.

From poking about with Near Infinity there doesn't seem to be anything in AR1512.bcs that would control this. Looking in the AR1512.are file I would guess that the head is the "Statue" actor (ppridd.cre).

The ppridd.bcs file contains the script:

IF
Detect([PC])
Range(LastSeenBy,10)
NumTimesTalkedTo(0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
StartDialogueNoSet(LastSeenBy)
END

IF
OpenState("HeadDoor",TRUE)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
DestroySelf()
END

(Before I continue please note that this is only the second time I have ever used NI. ;) )

The above script seems to indicate that it should be destroyed (and therefore open?) on the condition 'OpenState("HeadDoor",TRUE)

The ppridd.dlg (dialog?) file ...

hah! figured it out! I tracked down the proper variable via the ppridd.dlg file - !Global("openHead","AR1512",1) and I used to console to set it to Global("openHead","AR1512",0) then talked to the head and presto, its open!

Now I guess my question is, anyone have any idea why these problems would be popping up?

Weidu.log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes

Any thoughts appreciated.

-Edited title-

Edited by Woden, 04 November 2007 - 10:37 AM.