Quick question about feats

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Solstice

Solstice

Fluffy Pink Bunny

• 956 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:12 PM

Erm, sorry if this is a stupid question, but none of the online sites have been able to tell me: in 3.5E, when does a character gain new feats? Not bonus feats-I'm talking about the feats everyone gets. From what I've been able to tell, it's one new feat every four total character levels, but I would really appreciate someone confirming or denying this.
"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!" -Charname, Baldur's Gate 1

"Power corrupts. And absolute power is actually pretty neat." -Tom Clancy

"Is it possible to take Favored Enemy: Forum Poster?" -Someone who shall remain anonymous

#2 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:15 AM

Erm, sorry if this is a stupid question, but none of the online sites have been able to tell me: in 3.5E, when does a character gain new feats? Not bonus feats-I'm talking about the feats everyone gets. From what I've been able to tell, it's one new feat every four total character levels, but I would really appreciate someone confirming or denying this.

Actually, I was sure I'd seen this online somewhere, but I can't find it now. What you get is a feat at 1st level, and after that every level divisible by three, eg 3rd, 6th, etc. Humans get an extra 1st level feat as a bonus. And although you don't ask about bonus feats, several classes get them, and some gain particular feats as part of their class.

You also get a characteristic increase every level divisible by four, eg 4th, 8th.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#3 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 04:48 AM

linkie ;)
And all of it is legal as well thanks to open game license :cheers:

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~