Photo

custom armor in nifskope

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 woutadriaanse

woutadriaanse
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:31 AM

hi all, i've got a problem using nifskope with my custom cuirass.
I created a cuirass in blender and i've exported it and opened it in nifskope, but now the tutorial (cs.elderscrolls custom cuirass) says i have to set the 'num children' to 0, but i can't even find line that says 'num children'.
Can anybody help me?

#2 Najaknevrec

Najaknevrec
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:47 AM

hi all, i've got a problem using nifskope with my custom cuirass.
I created a cuirass in blender and i've exported it and opened it in nifskope, but now the tutorial (cs.elderscrolls custom cuirass) says i have to set the 'num children' to 0, but i can't even find line that says 'num children'.
Can anybody help me?

You most probably do not need to do that. It was neccessairy with the older versions of NifSkope. If you have NifSkope version higher than some 0.8, you do not need to care aout children. You still have to standardise the mesh, though. Standardising means that you copy the NiTriStrip branchs of your new mesh to an existing mesh and delete the NiTriStrips of the old mesh.

Hope this helps

#3 woutadriaanse

woutadriaanse
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:56 PM

Thanks for the information.
And i've done what you said, but my cuirass is invisible in the game. i thought the skeleton i had was wrong, but that wasn't the problem, it's still invisible.
Do you (or anybody else) know what i'm doing wrong??

#4 Najaknevrec

Najaknevrec
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:30 AM

the fact that the mesh is invisible in game might mean that you have the texture wrong. Do you have the path to it set right in NifScope, do you have a normal map set right?

#5 woutadriaanse

woutadriaanse
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:33 PM

I haven't done anything yet with textures, I made the cuirass like a second body. Is that impossible or is it something else what I did wrong?

Already thanks for the info, I haven't really much experience with modding :P

#6 Najaknevrec

Najaknevrec
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:04 AM

strange. Do you have some screenshots per chance? It would be best if you cold take a shot of the NifScope window, with the block list, so that we can see the structure of your mesh.

#7 woutadriaanse

woutadriaanse
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:11 AM

i ve just made one, but i don't know how to send it with this site, i can by email. You can give me ur email or maybe u know how to send it through this site.

I ll discribe the picture, maybe then you don't need te picture:
It's a (thinner) body without texture, it's just white. And it's only the upperbody.

#8 Najaknevrec

Najaknevrec
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:57 AM

To upload pictures to forums like this, you have to have your picture hoseted somewhere. The easiest way in my opinion is going to http://imageshack.us/, create an account there and upload your pictures there. Once you have done this the picture will appear on the site and several icons by its side. click the second one from the tom and finda line starting with URL, copy it and paste here. That's it.

#9 woutadriaanse

woutadriaanse
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:40 AM

I'm sorry, it doesn't work for me, I can't upload an image there, but maybe the image isn't necessary, if I just texture my cuirass like a normal body, then it should be OK in the game, right. Or else it's something else I did wrong.

#10 Najaknevrec

Najaknevrec
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 05:31 AM

Sorry to repeat things, but, you have taken the vanilla body, retextured it and now use it as a cuirass or armor? than the problem might be in textures. Be sure not to have any numbers and underscores "_" in the texture name and be sure to have a normal map. Also, is it so, that in stead of your armor, the boddy parts it is supposed to occupy are invisible or does it appear just wrong?

#11 woutadriaanse

woutadriaanse
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:31 AM

No, I took the vanilla body, then I changed its shape, just a few changes, I didn't retextured it. And if u mean with 'set it as armor' that I used ctrl+A, then yes. I parented all the parts to the vanilla skeleton and exported and imported it in NifSkope. That was the last thing I did.
It is invisible ingame

Edited by woutadriaanse, 20 November 2007 - 09:33 AM.

#12 Najaknevrec

Najaknevrec
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 02:07 AM

That sounds very strange. Well, I'll PM you my E-mail and if you want, send me the mesh and I will have a look at it.

#13 woutadriaanse

woutadriaanse
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 02:15 AM

I'm so sorry, but i have an other stupid question...
How can I send my mesh to u?? :unsure:

#14 woutadriaanse

woutadriaanse
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:03 AM

If you mean the picture, I'll send it to your email

#15 Najaknevrec

Najaknevrec
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:59 AM

I'm so sorry, but i have an other stupid question...
How can I send my mesh to u?? :unsure:

Just make it an attachement to an e-mail. One single mesh is small enogh and should not cause any problems.

If you mean the picture, I'll send it to your email

I ment the mesh there is very little to be seen from the picture. I really recomend you to use FRAPS, it is for free, very simple to use and very effective.