Photo

EndofBG1 variable for ToB?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 03:14 PM

As I'm currently preparing for my nth mega-mod install I've been wondering is this required for the starting area of ToB?

The reason for this question is that while reading through the BiG-World pdf I stumbled upon the section detailing the installation process for Ascension.
They say that tougher Illasaera has to be installed before BGT as the Illasaera component from WeiDU-Ascension overwrites ar4000.bcs and therefore reverses the changes made by BGT. Moreover this installation order should allegedly prevent the BG1 dream sequences from occuring during rest in ToB - I had them nonetheless.

Which begets the question: Do I have them because this variable has not been set when starting a pure ToB game?

10th

Edited by 10th, 17 November 2007 - 03:17 PM.

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 04:07 PM

As I'm currently preparing for my nth mega-mod install I've been wondering is this required for the starting area of ToB?

The reason for this question is that while reading through the BiG-World pdf I stumbled upon the section detailing the installation process for Ascension.
They say that tougher Illasaera has to be installed before BGT as the Illasaera component from WeiDU-Ascension overwrites ar4000.bcs and therefore reverses the changes made by BGT. Moreover this installation order should allegedly prevent the BG1 dream sequences from occuring during rest in ToB - I had them nonetheless.

Which begets the question: Do I have them because this variable has not been set when starting a pure ToB game?

10th

Yes, you get problems with getting all the dream cutscenes playing if the ENDOFBG1 variable isn't set correctly at the start of ToB. This is a problem with the Ascension component because it overwrites AR4000.BCS rather than patches it.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)