Photo

Shop wont Activate

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 hakinaro

hakinaro
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:01 PM

Ive already saved her from her ex boyfriend and bodhi but i cant get the shop to activate

She keeps asking me if i care about imoen multiple times though where i can say no or yes then hear her tell a story and can tell her about accidently picking poison ivy. But other than that conversation appearing multiple times nothing is happening.

#2 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 07:57 PM

Weird. It looks like something went wonky, but Lord Ernie would be the one to tell you. You might have to reinstall it, as a last resort.

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#3 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 08:18 AM

This sounds like an install screwup, pretty much. Mixed up strings and triggers is definitely not pretty. What other mods have you got installed?

Oh, and merely re-installing won't fix the issue, since if your install is FUBAR'ed, that information is contained within your savegame.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#4 -Adam-

-Adam-

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:46 PM

This sounds like an install screwup, pretty much. Mixed up strings and triggers is definitely not pretty. What other mods have you got installed?

Oh, and merely re-installing won't fix the issue, since if your install is FUBAR'ed, that information is contained within your savegame.

I'm actually having the same problem. The only mod's that I have installed beside's the Tashia mod is Ascension and Redemption.

Right now her lovetalk is set to 62 and her romance is still set to 2.

Thanks for any help.

#5 Slugfest

Slugfest
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:09 PM

I am having the same problem. I saved her from Bodhi and from her ex. Now she keeps yapping about Imoen and the dreaded poison ivy. I have the darkest day, Solufien, and ease-of-use mod installed. Ease-of-use installs consists of;

-Cloak of mirroring removal
-Keep people in party happy despite reputation
-Shut up You Must Gather Your Party

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? I want to give her new stuff!! :crying:

Edit: my lovetalk is at 62 and the romance is at 2 (same as Adam)

Edited by Slugfest, 24 March 2008 - 10:33 PM.

#6 Slugfest

Slugfest
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:15 PM

Can the shop be triggered by altering a save-gave value with Shadowkeeper??? If so, what would it be?

#7 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:16 PM

Unfortunately, I don't know. I can try to wend this to Lord E (who was the coder of the mod).

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#8 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:37 PM

Is something perhaps messing with your IMOEN2J files? This is from a clean (not installed/uninstalled in mid stream) game, right?

I am not sure about one thing, Lord Ernie, when you get a chance -

Searching for: Global("LoveTalk","LOCALS",62)
Tashia\update\dialogues\LE#TashiaA.d(611): IF ~Global("LoveTalk","LOCALS",62)~ THEN BEGIN LE#TashiaSoACapperLT
Tashia\update\dialogues\LE#TashiaN.d(517): IF ~Global("LoveTalk","LOCALS",62)~ THEN BEGIN LE#TashiaSoACapperLT
Found 2 occurrence(s) in 2 file(s)

set by

Searching for: Global("LoveTalk","LOCALS",61)
Tashia\update\Scripts\LE#Tashia.baf(161): Global("LoveTalk","LOCALS",61)
Tashia\update\Scripts\LE#TashiaN.baf(141): Global("LoveTalk","LOCALS",61)
Found 2 occurrence(s) in 2 file(s)

IF
  InParty(Myself)
  Global("TashiaMatch","GLOBAL",1)
  Global("TashiaRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
  RealGlobalTimerExpired("TashiaRomance","GLOBAL")
  !AreaType(DUNGEON)
  CombatCounter(0)
  !StateCheck("Tashia",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
  !See([ENEMY])
  OR(2)
	Global("LoveTalk","LOCALS",51)
	Global("LoveTalk","LOCALS",61)
THEN
	 RESPONSE #100
IncrementGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",1)
PlaySong(0)
PlaySound("TashiaM1")
Interact(Player1)
END

both files have similar calls. I guess it is possible that the variable hanging open is messing with other things.

IF ~Global("LoveTalk","LOCALS",62)~ THEN BEGIN LE#TashiaSoACapperLT
SAY @293
= @294
= @295
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @296 DO ~IncrementGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",1)~ GOTO LE#TashiaSOACLTA
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @297 GOTO LE#TashiaSOACLTB 
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @298  GOTO LE#TashiaSOACLTC
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @299  GOTO LE#TashiaSOACLTD
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @300  GOTO LE#TashiaSOACLTE
END

ends up with the top LT hanging open (B,C,D,and E do not increment, so you have to answer the following:)
@296 = ~Irenicus may have my soul, but you have my heart... guess which is more important to me.~

I am afraid I have always answered that question that way, so I never had any troubles with the global hanging open...

Slugfest, try saving a second "throwaway" savegame, and try setting Global("LoveTalk","LOCALS",63) on Tashia. Then see if the problem persists.

(The shop thig is a bit more involved, and I don't quite see how to do it right away.)

Edited by cmorgan, 31 March 2008 - 07:48 PM.

#9 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:03 AM

Ugh. I should really check here more often. Also, I should avoid copy-paste bugs. Furthermore, some more free time on my hands would probably help with bugfixing this, too.

Hopefully this weekend I'll have some time to look at this. Sorry for the silence, folks.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#10 MrToughGuy

MrToughGuy
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:39 PM

Same problem here. My game is a little more heavily modded than the other two here who have having trouble, but it's exactly the same circumstances (rescued from Aril and Bodhi, LT at 62 and Romance at 2, repeatedly get the poison ivy talk).
Posted Image

#11 Arihyo

Arihyo
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:37 PM

Aye, same issue here.

#12 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:05 AM

Guys, did setting

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",63)

while the cursor is over Tashia?

If it fixes it, Lord Erie has a one line change to make, and it is an easy one - if it doesn't work, then he has to go do more stuff -

(I'm sorry I missed this too, Lord Ernie... especially as I forgot that i had dropped in to help... :( )

SAY @293
= @294
= @295
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @296 DO ~IncrementGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",1)~ GOTO LE#TashiaSOACLTA
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @297 DO ~IncrementGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",1)~ GOTO LE#TashiaSOACLTB
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @298 DO ~IncrementGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",1)~ GOTO LE#TashiaSOACLTC
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @299 DO ~IncrementGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",1)~ GOTO LE#TashiaSOACLTD
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @300 DO ~IncrementGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",1)~ GOTO LE#TashiaSOACLTE
END

repaired file for Tashia_Remix_v1.1\Tashia\Dialogues\ Attached File  LE_TashiaN.rar   7.08K   408 downloads

Good luck!

Edited by cmorgan, 13 April 2008 - 10:08 AM.

#13 MrToughGuy

MrToughGuy
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:11 PM

Guys, did setting

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",63)

while the cursor is over Tashia?

If it fixes it, Lord Erie has a one line change to make, and it is an easy one - if it doesn't work, then he has to go do more stuff -

(I'm sorry I missed this too, Lord Ernie... especially as I forgot that i had dropped in to help... :( )

SAY @293
= @294
= @295
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @297 DO ~IncrementGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",1)~ GOTO LE#TashiaSOACLTB
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @298 DO ~IncrementGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",1)~ GOTO LE#TashiaSOACLTC
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @299 DO ~IncrementGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",1)~ GOTO LE#TashiaSOACLTD
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @300 DO ~IncrementGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",1)~ GOTO LE#TashiaSOACLTE
END

repaired file for Tashia_Remix_v1.1\Tashia\Dialogues\ Attached File  LE_TashiaN.rar   7.08K   408 downloads

Good luck!

Sorry, no change. What are the variables to activate this lovetalk? (Rest outside or something?). I still just get the poison ivy talk repeatedly.
Posted Image

#14 Tharlax

Tharlax
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:56 AM

When and where is the shop supposed appear? The FAQ says "There is now a shop at an empty space on the Promenade" which empty spot?
Go For The Eyes Boo, Go For The Eyes!! RAASK!!!

#15 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:24 PM

IF
Global("LE#ShopkeepersSpawn","AR0713",0)
GlobalGT("LE#TashiaGiftLoveTalk","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
CreateCreature("LE#SHOP",[521.379],13)
CreateCreature("LE#AIMIL",[505.308],13)
SetGlobal("LE#ShopkeepersSpawn","AR0713",1)
END

AR0713

So try seeing why the gift love talk isn't firing:

update\Scripts\LE#Tashia.baf(571): Global("LE#TashiaGiftLoveTalk","GLOBAL",0)
update\Scripts\LE#Tashia.baf(576): SetGlobal("LE#TashiaGiftLoveTalk","GLOBAL",1)
// Gift Lovetalk
IF
  InParty(Myself)
  CombatCounter(0)
  AreaCheck("AR0700")
  Global("LE#TashiaGiftLoveTalk","GLOBAL",0)
  !See([ENEMY])
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
			 SetGlobal("LE#TashiaGiftLoveTalk","GLOBAL",1)
			 	 PlaySong(0)
			 	 PlaySound("TashiaM2")
			 Interact(Player1)
END

fires
update\dialogues\LE#TashiaA.d(1517): IF ~Global("LE#TashiaGiftLoveTalk","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN LE#TashiaGiftLoveTalk

so using Interact() on the banter file is allowing something else that hasn't closed in your game to block this. I just can't see what it is.

later on, after she has spoken, you get

IF
InParty(Myself)
CombatCounter(0)
AreaCheck("AR0713")
Global("LE#TashiaGiftLoveTalk","GLOBAL",2)
!See([ENEMY])
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("LE#TashiaGiftLoveTalk","GLOBAL",3)
ActionOverride(Player1,StartDialogue("Player1",Player1))
END

#16 MrToughGuy

MrToughGuy
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 12:33 AM

When and where is the shop supposed appear? The FAQ says "There is now a shop at an empty space on the Promenade" which empty spot?

I found the shop. Waukeen's Promenade, about half-way between the Adventurer's Mart and the guy who upgrades the Berserk Warrior horns, 2 or 3 levels up. But the shopkeep and the Aimil-whatever his name is, both have nothing to say to me, since I guess the proper LoveTalk won't fire. :(
Posted Image

#17 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:41 AM

Last weekend was atrociously busy, and the upcoming week isn't looking much better :S. I'm not sure where this problem is to be found, but IIRC the shop requires quite a high lovetalk to activate, and it might be the progression gets screwed up somewhere along the line. Hopefully, I'll have some time to look into this somewhere next week.

#18 --Covdrummer--

--Covdrummer--

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:19 AM

Yeah i have the exact same problem. just wondering if i set the lovetalk to 63 and continue the game into chapter 7 am i going to run into problems later or will it pick back up at an appropriate place? because i set it to 63 and didnt get any new talk appear so i would much rather continue on with the game and just wait for the fix for my next play through if it wont cause a problem

#19 -agnar-

-agnar-

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

I played Tashia twice before i think, and could never get the shop to work, both times imoen was in the group. The third time through, i kicked imoen out of the group just after leaving the underdark because of a buggy dialogue loop happening between imoen and amber. and i was more interested in keeping amber than imoen at the time to see how her mod came out. Lo and Behold, once i rescued Tashia from aril and we went back to town, entered waukeen's promenade and the dialogue triggered right away and worked to perfection.

Now, i did have the imoen romance installed for at least the last 2 play throughs of Tashia, but i don't think it was installed that first time, it was just normal imoen and the shop didn't work.

I know, it's a bit cold to drop imoen before getting her soul back but what the hell, i still kill bohdi so she gets her soul back, and i got bored with the same imoen dialogues over and over.

So i wonder if there's some kind of conflict with just having imoen in the group at that point?

#20 Rymigusol

Rymigusol
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 02:21 PM

Hi everyone,

I really enjoyed this Mod so far (completed Arilistan and Bodhi quest) but I also got this shop bug and dialogue loop bug about Imoen etc. (got her in my party). So which item(s) can you get from this shop? Are any items needed for ToB? Or can get this item/those items by Shadow Keeper (last resort) and proceed with the story (Chapter 7 - Suldanessalar/ Irenicus)?

Thanks for any hints and advice in advance!

Edited by Rymigusol, 03 November 2008 - 02:23 PM.