He has the damn stutter bug!

Attached Files

#2 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:00 AM

Weird, that never came up in the latest testing. Can you send your savegame to feuille_sakaki@spellholdstudios.net?

#3 The Red Knight

The Red Knight
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:20 AM

Weird, that never came up in the latest testing. Can you send your savegame to feuille_sakaki@spellholdstudios.net?

Will do\... will be inc from jk650037@mycia.net

#4 The Red Knight

The Red Knight
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 03:23 AM

Sent off!

#5 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:43 AM

I've uploaded an edited version - try loading from before you got him in the party and then playing. It's OK on my install and hopefully it'll be OK on yours too! Sorry about the difficulties.

#6 The Red Knight

The Red Knight
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:24 PM

I've uploaded an edited version - try loading from before you got him in the party and then playing. It's OK on my install and hopefully it'll be OK on yours too! Sorry about the difficulties.

NPNP I love this mod and Im happy the stutter bug shows up on me enough so you can fix it!

#7 -Maurobad2k4-

-Maurobad2k4-

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:40 AM

Hi, I've download Nath V4 yesterday and still have this same problem. How could this be fixed ? Thx.

#8 twetwe123

twetwe123
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:45 PM

I've encountered it as well (among other things, which I'll make a post about soon) but for me it only seems to happen as a certain point at the Copper Coronet, near where Anomen is standing. If Nathaniel goes near, he starts to stutter, but if I manage to drag him away from that spot he works fine.

#9 Feuille

Feuille
  • Modder
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:38 PM

Can you send your savegames to feuille_sakaki@spellholdstudios.net too? That way we can figure out what's going on. Thanks!

Mystery, self-deception and shameless flirting. Rejoice, for the Luxley family is now released!

Sweet tooth? Why don't you try out Nathaniel? Now out for SoA and ToB!

#10 --MimiSard--

--MimiSard--

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:33 AM

I've got stutter too. It's an old game I wanted to continue after finding v.4 was out. I tried the fix on it without any luck.

Look for mail from mirai_vegito@yahoo.com.au

#11 Arathlan

Arathlan
  • Modder
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:03 AM

Hmm - got something interesting when I was in the middle section of the copper coronet - I installed Wiemar's Underrepresented Items and was talking to Joluv - the IWD guy.

Anyway, got out of the convo and Nathaniel started up as if I'd got him to talk to himself - repeatedly. Hasn't damaged the game and he stopped when I commanded him to move away from the area and out the door - but interesting issue.

#12 -John-

-John-

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:24 PM

Nathaniel stutters in my game too inside the Copper Cornet near Anomen. If walking from Bernard's area, the stutter starts around the door in the middle of the room.

If the group takes the stairs from where Lord Rumar is, the stuttering does not seem to occur.

#13 Arathlan

Arathlan
  • Modder
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:26 AM

Hmm - found another stutter bug. I delayed going to see Avery (was hoping to grab Valygar en-route), and when I got to Trademeet Nathaniel started saying 'I don't want to be a bother but I'd really like to go see Avery now', and kept saying it. I'm currently working my way across the map towards Avery's gate... Moving doesn't seem to stop him, I'll see what happens when we get away from the right side of the screen and actually talk to the man.

EDIT: Worryingly I now have 'Avery has nothing to say to you' bugs. I'm going to reload and go earlier else I probably have a mod conflict.

Edited by Arathlan, 08 January 2008 - 03:29 AM.

#14 Arathlan

Arathlan
  • Modder
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:40 AM

Okay - reload worked - Avery's trigger fired and the conversation ensued - although I noticed there's no voiceover for Nathaniel's line "Oh Avery it's good to see you..." has the been deliberately removed?

On a side note, I notice the part where Nathaniel bites your head off (metaphorically speaking) after the first panic attack has been removed, but then you get to have the conversation with Avery while Avery is giving Nathaniel a hug? Since there's no real indication that Nathaniel is in any way out of it, it seemed a bit odd to have a conversation *about* Nathaniel with him fully conscious and being given a hug by Avery.

I was half expecting him to cut in with a "You know, I *am* right here!"

:)

EDIT: Attaching Weidu log so I can be told it's all another mods fault.

Attached Files

Edited by Arathlan, 08 January 2008 - 04:54 AM.

#15 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:04 PM

IF
InParty(Myself)
See("Anomen")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
StartDialogueNoSet("Anomen")
END
I think this block in FHNAT.baf is a bug.

#16 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:40 PM

If I had some money for each time I wrote one of those and forgot either the setglobal or global advance... I would be a very happy man :)

#17 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:27 AM

Guest, you rock. Thank you, that's solved at least one of the problems. :cheers:

#18 -Hoarmurath-

-Hoarmurath-

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:19 AM

Hello.

I just installed v4.

Picked Nathaniel up, but he went all stuttery on me. And when I talk to him, it says that he doesn't have anything to say to me. I can't save the game either, because it claims to be in dialogue mode.

I have the G3 Fixpack installed, along with the Jedi&Sith kits, 1PP, Kelsey for both SoA and ToB, Dungeon Be Gone and Unfinished Business. Nathaniel is the last. I had no problems during the installation.

I read the readmes and everything, but I can't figure out, what I did wrong. If it turns out it was my mistake, I am sorry.

But I hope there is a solution, because I really-really want to play him.

(I will keep checking back here. I can also be reached at anubishoarmurath@gmail.com)

#19 Arathlan

Arathlan
  • Modder
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:30 PM

Where is he stuttering? There's a known bug around Anomen in the Copper Coronet...

#20 -Hoarmurath-

-Hoarmurath-

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:55 AM

I picked Anomen up before getting to Nathaniel. And the stutter thing happened right away after I picked him up in the Docks. :blink: