Questions on a spell

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 11:54 PM

I was wondering, if it is possible to create a spell that will regenerate the caster as long as he/she is uninterrupted (I mean he/she is attacked or anything like that)? I would like to create a regeneration-type ability that will fully heal the caster (3HP/sec or so), but will stop the regeneration process if interrupted.
Is this doable? If so, how can I implement the "interruption" part of the spell?

Any help would be appreciated!

TGM
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#2 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 02:09 AM

i think you can do it like ascension is doing it with the pi.
if you get damage of any form the spell stops. does interruption counts for moving, too? how to do this i dont know.
gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.

#3 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 03:40 AM

Not actually, my intention is to make the regeneration process stop when:
1.: the caster is attacked (or takes any damage)
2.: attacks anyone
3.: makes anything that counts as offensive act (for example the priest spell Sanctuary)

I would like to add a small reduction in the movement rate as well, and this effects should stop as well when the spell is interrupted.

" i think you can do it like ascension is doing it with the pi"
-Uhm.. what exactly is "pi"? :unsure:
Posted Image

#4 Zvijer

Zvijer
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 08:21 AM

Could be Project Image.

#5 -Alan M.C.-

-Alan M.C.-

Posted 29 May 2003 - 09:39 AM

Hi TGM,

I had a look at the following spells (because they stop when the character attacks):
1. Invisibility
2. Sanctuary
3. Project image

They are all spells and selectable spell effects, hence will not help you much with regeneration.

Alan M.C.

#6 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 11:31 AM

So, since there were little positive results by experimenting with other spells, I would ask for any help that could possible solve this problem. If anyone knows a way to create a spell like above (or something similar), please let me know!

TGM
Posted Image

#7 Nomad

Nomad

Guardian of the world

• 68 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 11:49 AM

I was wondering, if it is possible to create a spell that will regenerate the caster as long as he/she is uninterrupted (I mean he/she is attacked or anything like that)? I would like to create a regeneration-type ability that will fully heal the caster (3HP/sec or so), but will stop the regeneration process if interrupted.
Is this doable? If so, how can I implement the "interruption" part of the spell?

Any help would be appreciated!

TGM

i think that in Icewind dale 2, the bard has a song, that when paused it regenarates the hp extremly fast
Anti-war supporter till it strikes my own country, then they are dead meat. (That means if they attack first, not if we strike first, then Im passiv) PS: Doesn't count in here

Only by wandering in another world you learn to appreciat this...

I took a walk around the world, to ease my trobled mind, I let my body lying somewhere in the sands of time...

The cirkel of life can't be broken, if you should succed, you are doomed to see every thing you love or hate fall to the age of time.

Alittle fun has to be, support my friends page http://www.alledegod...nevaroptaget.dk

#8 Alan M.C.

Alan M.C.

What I can have a title?

• 327 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 12:08 PM

Umh..Bard song, same problem, I think the damn thing is hardcoded. Though I have no idea on how IWDII works.

TGM, you may want to give it a try with sleep or other ways as suggested in my e-mail to penalize the user.

Alan M.C.

#9 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 03:30 PM

Alan:

An idea I was thinking on before, but I would like to hold on to the mobility of the character. This regeneration process requires much concentration (this is the reason why it stops when attacked, or anything like that), but that doesn't mean that the monk becomes uncounscious, or unable to do any action... (and besides, it looks irritatingly dull when a monk simply falls asleep during his/her meditation... :lol: )
Posted Image

#10 Alan M.C.

Alan M.C.

What I can have a title?

• 327 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 11:25 PM

Hi TGM,

I can make this spell for you as you want but it becomes extremely complicated.

I'd use two spells and a script + you'll need weidu to install it.
The first spell (the script activation) sets a global variable (name is in in the resource of the spell) to 1.
The second spell is regeneration for one round only.

Then the script activates once the variable is set to 1.
//////////////////////////////////
First round regeneration
///////////////////////////////////
IF
Global("XXXXX","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Global("XXXXX","GLOBAL",2)
ApplySpellRES(Myself, REGEN01)
END

/////////////////////////////////////
Second round regeneration,
only if during the previous
round I was either doing nothing
(not casting another spell nor
fighting, can move though)
and was not hit by anybody.
///////////////////////////////////
IF
Delay(6) or Wait(6)
!TookDamage()
!Hitby(LastSeenby(Myself)
ActionListEmpty()
Global("XXX","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Global("XXXX","GLOBAL",3)
ApplySpell(Myself,REGEN01)
END
////////////////////////////////////
And so forth

Then this script is appended to the main player script file (player3.bcs) using weidu
EXTEND_TOP .................

Pretty complicated for just one spell if you ask me, I was only trying to give you a quick and simple alternate. The sleep would be one round without save and second round with save vs spell.

Alan M.C.

#11 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 01:13 AM

Hi Alan!

Complicated it is, true, but at least it IS what I was looking for. Since I lack the knowledge to create the spell the way you mentioned, I would politely ask you to do this small bit for me! It is complicated, but in the end we would get a perfect "Meditation" ability to the monk class, which is perfectly fitting if you ask me. So please, if you find the time to work on this one, try to implement it this way!
***A sidenote: before it would be created, we should decide its usability. Should it be selectable multiple times, or should it work like Turn Undead?

Many thanks in advance!
TGM
Posted Image

#12 Alan M.C.

Alan M.C.

What I can have a title?

• 327 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 12:46 PM

Hi TGM,

Well, I'll certainly try to my best. One thing I'm not sure though is Delay(6), I didn't get it to work correctly so far, but will sure try my best on this somewhat awesome if not truly amazing spell! A nice addition to Kiara's abilities.

If somebody knows more about delay() let me know, else I'll use a timer.

Alan M.C.

#13 Zizi

Zizi
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 02:20 PM

Would be intresting if you try to combine it with the sanctuary spell, maybe there would then be a way to on the event of sanctuary removed/expired remove effect regeneration on self?
It's definitely an intresting idea to make the monk's meditation state put him under the sanctuary spell.
Now if only you could make the player avatar sit down while he performs this. :)