any suggestions on what to play for a "full experience"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 -krunch n munch-

-krunch n munch-

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:31 PM

I'd hate to choose a character and miss out on some good stuff.

Any races or classes that do/don't make any sense?

Thanks!

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:06 PM

This isn't a completed mod yet. You could be playing this for the next several years and will see new things (dialogs, quests, items, areas, etc). So that probably is a good question for this mod, right now.

However, we do plan to have some events happen which require certain NPCs (just like SoA does). So for now, the main one is the Myth Drannor quest. You need to have Rihn or Vildamyr in your party when you reach Selgaunt Bridge. This quest does force certain NPCs on you, so you can't solo it, however by forcing them, we also enrich the storyline by adding history of Myth Drannor through their various banters. Otherwise, this would just be another dungeon crawl.

There are more banters and dialogs for Althon, Blush, and Aesdale at this moment. Therefore, if you want to see that storyline, add them to the party. Others will have more as we keep increasing their banters.

Romances are with Aesdale and Rilithar for a female PC, and Rivian, Ilhara, and Chaarna for male players, though Rivian is much more developed at this point.

Hope that helps.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 -krunch n munch-

-krunch n munch-

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:38 PM

This isn't a completed mod yet. You could be playing this for the next several years and will see new things (dialogs, quests, items, areas, etc). So that probably is a good question for this mod, right now.

However, we do plan to have some events happen which require certain NPCs (just like SoA does). So for now, the main one is the Myth Drannor quest. You need to have Rihn or Vildamyr in your party when you reach Selgaunt Bridge. This quest does force certain NPCs on you, so you can't solo it, however by forcing them, we also enrich the storyline by adding history of Myth Drannor through their various banters. Otherwise, this would just be another dungeon crawl.

There are more banters and dialogs for Althon, Blush, and Aesdale at this moment. Therefore, if you want to see that storyline, add them to the party. Others will have more as we keep increasing their banters.

Romances are with Aesdale and Rilithar for a female PC, and Rivian, Ilhara, and Chaarna for male players, though Rivian is much more developed at this point.

Hope that helps.

What races can romance these characters?

thanks btw, it does help a lot

#4 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:03 PM

I believe our homepage has the romance details in the NPC descriptions. I can't recall them at the moment.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#5 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:30 PM

Rivian romances male elves that are LG, NG or CG alignment only. Chaarna does not romance male elves and LG males. She also romances only Human, half-elf, half-orc. Ie. if you want to romance Rivian, Chaarna will not romance you and vice versa.

Rilithar will romance any non-evil female characters that has CHA > 11 but restricted to humans, half-elves and elves only with variations depending on the player's race.

Aesdale have the same romance requirements as Rilithar minus the charisma requirement but you must side with him on his personal quest when the time comes.

Edited by Celestine, 13 January 2008 - 07:33 PM.
correction for Chaarna

#6 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:12 AM

Hi,
Hi, I was just curious if since this post more quests have been made that require a NPC to join. I am one of those that prefer to create the whole party myself but was unsure if I would miss out on too much quest related content. Not generally interested in NPCs, but I do think you all rule for the time and effort you put into all this. I am really looking forward to trying it. Excited about the planned Giants series.
Thanks,
Yarazin

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:06 PM

No special quests other than Myth Drannor which needs Vildamyr or Rihn.

Other quests will be added later. Right now we are trying to just get the core storyline built. The player will always have to do the slaver mods (defeat the Slave Lords). The player will also have to do the giants and drow mods (they are both part of our original plans for this whole game). Other mods will be added as we go along or after the basic storyline is done. It really will depend on time and available maps. I would gladdly add in any classic mod you all want to play if I just had the proper area graphics to do it. Right now we have a few brilliant artists helping us out on city maps. I need dungeons and wilderness maps as well. I hate rehashing BG1/IWD maps but it is all we have right now.

As some point, hopefully every NPC will have a quest just for them. Some will take place within the cities or other maps we already have. Others will need new areas. I am sure we will continue to make changes to the quests and storyline as we progress.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website