Infinity Xplorer 2008 (LittleIX)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 04:51 PM

My current vision was to just list all the transitions, and show triggers in a tooltip or in a dedicated 'trigger box' when selection is highlighted. That way, you don't have to worry about dynamics of the dialogue. I'll try and draw some crude pictures in the near future.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#22 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:47 AM

(sure thing, but it will be some time - cleaning and defregging and doing wekly maintainance before retesting the tool to see if I still have the errors, and setting up for a series of fluid state tests - sorry for the delay!)

Sorry for the silly shortcuts - these are new and more robust replacements for IsValidForPartyDialog() checks, to determine if someone can actually participate or not. An NPC can be in the party and dead, and the game doesn't like making the dead speak out of turn... or at all!

~!StateCheck("myNPC",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ returns true if the NPC is fine, not silenced, not dead, etc., etc -
~StateCheck("myNPC",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ returns true if they are not fine, or have been silenced, or they are dead, etc.

and you just got the workaround anyway, by allowing a checkbox for "Who is in the party" . Just extend it to

"Who is in the party? Are they alive? Are they dead? Are they Silenced?" type stuff:

Player's Party (Tutu/BGT BG Content):
X Imoen X OK O Dead O Silenced O Not In Area
O Kivan O OK O Dead O Silenced O Not In Area
X SharTeel O OK X Dead O Silenced O Not In Area
O Kagain O OK O Dead O Silenced O Not In Area
O Yeslick O OK O Dead O Silenced O Not In Area
X Viconia X OK O Dead O Silenced O Not In Area

Player Conditions
O Male O Female O human O etc.,
to preview conditions...

hey, this is just brainstorming, you know - I don't even know ifit is posible to create a simulation routine which would do that; basically running the dialogue with preset conditions. The list

From what I can tell, global variables would be ok at least. As for the more complex triggers, I think it may be easier to start off with some of the simpler & common ones then build from there.

My current vision was to just list all the transitions, and show triggers in a tooltip or in a dedicated 'trigger box' when selection is highlighted. That way, you don't have to worry about dynamics of the dialogue. I'll try and draw some crude pictures in the near future.

Ok, thanks!

"[You are] the foe of my foe, friend of my friend, by the first sapling that rose where Shilmista now stands, and by the shadow it will cast before all things will end, I swear to give my blood for you." - Kivan when we meet Imanel Silversword.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

@ SMM Auto DL / Auto-Installer / Manual Install / Walkthru - based on Erebusant's installation @
@ Infinity Explorer v0.85 (Some fixes for v0.75/v0.80) @
@ Future of MegaMods? - Working with Mega-Modification Installations - by Ascension64 @

#23 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:12 AM

How about having an option on the large area map to apply an overlay that shows (it could be circles or squares) where all the area assigned creatures are placed? If possible read the attached area script if one exists and look for script created creatures these could be identified by a different color marker.

I would think this would help with npc placement as you would then know whether or not another npc was already standing where you were thinking of putting your mod npc....

My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
-------------------------------------------
My website: http://sasha-altheri...s.com/index.htm

#24 Dachande

Dachande
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:17 AM

Heya, this is my first post.

Anyway, was just surfing around and saw this, and I'm quite excited about it. I'm no modder (well, not yet. Might become. :-) ) but just being able to check out dialogue in such an easy format would keep me busy for a while. Lots of things I've always wondered about.

Keep up the good work!

#25 Irbis

Irbis

Drone Locker

• 186 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:17 AM

i hope this is still alive o.o damn how i am tired of IEEP, after years i would really kiss your feets if you would come up with something new and more reliable
best wishes!
fight otaku fight! >=o

ico_0000_FB_png.pngico_0005_TW_png.pngico_0006_YT_png.pngico_0002_IDB_png.png

#26 Irbis

Irbis

Drone Locker

• 186 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 12:02 AM

is it dead....?

ico_0000_FB_png.pngico_0005_TW_png.pngico_0006_YT_png.pngico_0002_IDB_png.png