Photo

Looking for a great BGII challenge.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:01 AM

Am I better off installing something like Improved Anvil, or going for Ascension/ Tactics/ Item Upgrade (insert mods here)?

TIA
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#2 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:20 AM

Difficulty:
General consensus is that IA is harder, but it is so due to a lot of cheese (E.G. all enemies are regenerating and have high resistance to missile damage and magic), aimed at 'invalidating' all strategies except "big melee pileup, rinse, repeat". A Tactics / Ascension / SCSII stack will have generally less cheat (the common enemies, boss enemies will have lots of new abilities and resistances as well, but probably less asinine).

Compatibility:
Tactics/Ascension/SCSII are compatible with 90% of existing mods, whereas IA is compatible with 5% of existing mods. If there are any tweaks/NPCs/added quests you can't live without, then most likely IA is out.

Customization:
Given the fact that Tactics/Ascension/SCSII allow you to select components, you can also skip the more stupid parts (for example Sahaugins), which aren't about 'harder' but are about 'getting a streak of lucky 20s with the dice'.

You might also want to read DavidW's comparison of IA, Tactics and SCSII, or (the good parts of) another what is IA like? thread (which was unfortunately turned to a flame fest by a stupid comment of mine).

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#3 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:06 AM

Wow, thanks for the quick and very informative response. I've got some reading to do! :)
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#4 Toppo

Toppo
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:39 AM

You could try the No-Reload challenge of going throughout the game without reloading, as the title may imply :P

Just my input :)