4 replies to this topic

#1 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:45 AM

I've noticed that when my thief backstabs, it reads "Crippling Strike -2"

What's that mean?
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#2 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 06:38 PM

I'm sensing deja-vu in The Force.
deja-vu = L... ?

Icewind Dale | Character | Classes | Special Abilities | Crippling Strike

#3 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:22 AM

I'm sensing deja-vu in The Force.
deja-vu = L... ?

Icewind Dale | Character | Classes | Special Abilities | Crippling Strike

Could you copy/paste this for me please? I can't view many sites at work, and this is one of them.

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#4 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:26 AM

Crippling Strike

In addition to Sneak Attack, at level five the thief learns the ability of Crippling Strike. When a Sneak Attack is successful, the thief cripples the enemy reducing their hit and damage rolls. This effect is in addition to the Sneak Attack damage. The enemies regain normal hit and damage rolls one turn after the successful Crippling Strike. At level five this causes the enemy to have -1 to hit and damage rolls. Every four levels after, the thief gains minus one to this ability. At level thirty, an enemy hit with Crippling Strike would have -7 to hit and damage rolls.

"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#5 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 06:30 AM

Thanks a lot. That's pretty darn useful!

? Stewie Griffin