Photo

Tactics for taking on Joril (HoF mode)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:33 AM

I'm trying to think of how I'm going to handle killing him and all of his giants in HoF mode. I plan on starting the fight with the converstation about freeing the slaves, but that's going to leave my Paladin in a world of hurt (she'll be surrounded by Frost Giants).

Another option is to position my party at the start of the cave, initiate the conversation, have my Paladin gulp a potion of invisibility (I have 1 left) and run back to the rest of the party. I'm mostly worried about being surrounded and taken down by a mob.

Are there any better spots to hole up in? I feel I need a "choke zone" to nail these guys.

Any other tactical advice is welcome. TIA
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:56 AM

Posted Image
Well, presuming you have killed the Frostbites, one good point is under the T1, in this map, as you have two entrances and they have only one and it's quite narrow...
Now, a potion of haste gets the paladin to the choke point.

By the way, Mike's center is back!

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.