BUg report in NToTSC

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 billymas2005

billymas2005
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:46 PM

Here's the bug i have encountered so far during my play of NTotSC V1.55

1. The demon in solitary valley will never recognize the mage body you've sent to him/her,
they'll only recognize Fey'Doch(elven leader)'s body & ask you to kill the elven leader(again?)to get the goblin bow.

2.The fisherman chieftain(Skipper)will never recognize you have killed the sirines & the fire salamanders,
i have check out this global SetGlobal("SzyperNadalin","GLOBAL",0) will never triggered even you have told Nadalin in BG that u have killed the monsters......

3.With the XP cap removed(If i not mistaken),when you have the sword of Ghotal with you,Ghotal will take away your sword & you gain about 3 million of XP.......

#2 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:19 PM

the third bug is caused by the bgmain.exe (as far as i know) and unfixable. you got to drop the sword on the ground before entering the tomb. originally you should have gotten negative exps for bringing back the sword but that's not possible by code so the number got inverted somehow.

#3 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:37 AM

1. The demon in solitary valley will never recognize the mage body you've sent to him/her,
they'll only recognize Fey'Doch(elven leader)'s body & ask you to kill the elven leader(again?)to get the goblin bow.

2.The fisherman chieftain(Skipper)will never recognize you have killed the sirines & the fire salamanders,
i have check out this global SetGlobal("SzyperNadalin","GLOBAL",0) will never triggered even you have told Nadalin in BG that u have killed the monsters......

3.With the XP cap removed(If i not mistaken),when you have the sword of Ghotal with you,Ghotal will take away your sword & you gain about 3 million of XP.......

1. It did in my (not current) game

2. I don't remember honestly a skipper in the quest, just Nadalin ... ??

3. yep, Known bug

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 29 February 2008 - 07:39 AM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#4 billymas2005

billymas2005
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:11 AM

3. yep, Known bug

mm75

Skipper is the fisherman chieftain.
U must 1st talk with him in order to have Nadalin to fetch u to the salamander island after u have finished their quest.......

#5 superbai

superbai
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:11 AM

3. yep, Known bug

mm75

Skipper is the fisherman chieftain.
U must 1st talk with him in order to have Nadalin to fetch u to the salamander island after u have finished their quest.......

Encountered the same 3 problems, and a few more bugs/issues. May be due to my use of NTotSC v 1.45 though. Here is a list.

1. Lobar dialogue doesn't show up for the Book of Unknowing Quest.
2. After getting Book of Unknowing, and then killing Brother Hasdar. Talking to Haeball automatically turns him hostile- no elven-arrow quest offered.
3. The Arrow for an Elf Quest is never triggered-- the elf says nothing.
4. Pilar in Friendly Arm Inn doesn't offer a quest (is there a reputation req here?), the gnome in baldur's gate talks to me every 10 seconds or so with the same line... (annoying, but is it intended?)
5. Ebon Plate and Guantlet of Dexterity (+2) can be equipped by Kensai (Makes my Kensai AWESOME but umm....)
6. All map areas associated with NTotSC and DSotSC appears as "Slave Routes" on the worldmap... (Supposed to be like this?)

DSotSC - Cuchy's Voice Really needs a makeover.

#6 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:52 AM

Encountered the same 3 problems, and a few more bugs/issues. May be due to my use of NTotSC v 1.45 though. Here is a list.

2. After getting Book of Unknowing, and then killing Brother Hasdar. Talking to Haeball automatically turns him hostile- no elven-arrow quest offered.
4. Pilar in Friendly Arm Inn doesn't offer a quest (is there a reputation req here?), the gnome in baldur's gate talks to me every 10 seconds or so with the same line... (annoying, but is it intended?)
5. Ebon Plate and Guantlet of Dexterity (+2) can be equipped by Kensai (Makes my Kensai AWESOME but umm....)
6. All map areas associated with NTotSC and DSotSC appears as "Slave Routes" on the worldmap... (Supposed to be like this?)

1. He gives to me. But i have a modified Lobar, i think that's the problem. I'll contact erebusant about it.
2. Never happened to me sorry. If i kill Hasdar then i go to Haeball and he speaks about the book and the bow.
3. I've never completed that quest, i don't know if it's a bug. Are u sure u spoke to the correct elf?
4. Is the gnome in BG that offers u the quest and then u need to speak with Pilar. I've never had problem again sorry.
5. Those should be bugs, but many items in NTotSC are bugged and owerpowered. Usually i don't bring along with me any of those items.
6. ?? I didn't get this one. What do u mean?

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 28 March 2008 - 01:52 AM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#7 superbai

superbai
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:12 AM

1. He gives to me. But i have a modified Lobar, i think that's the problem. I'll contact erebusant about it.
2. Never happened to me sorry. If i kill Hasdar then i go to Haeball and he speaks about the book and the bow.
3. I've never completed that quest, i don't know if it's a bug. Are u sure u spoke to the correct elf?
4. Is the gnome in BG that offers u the quest and then u need to speak with Pilar. I've never had problem again sorry.
5. Those should be bugs, but many items in NTotSC are bugged and owerpowered. Usually i don't bring along with me any of those items.

mm75

6. On the World Map, the areas North Coast, Northern Citadel, Forest of the Dead, etc, are not labeled by their proper names. Instead All i can see is "Slave Route" for all of these areas. Original BG areas like Beregost, Nashkel, Dragon's Run, shows their names on the WorldMap, all NTotSC and DSotSC areas has the name "Slave Route". bleh i'm bad with words. Here is a Screen Capture.

Attached Images

• Baldur.JPG

Edited by superbai, 28 March 2008 - 02:18 AM.

#8 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:59 AM

mm75

6. On the World Map, the areas North Coast, Northern Citadel, Forest of the Dead, etc, are not labeled by their proper names. Instead All i can see is "Slave Route" for all of these areas. Original BG areas like Beregost, Nashkel, Dragon's Run, shows their names on the WorldMap, all NTotSC and DSotSC areas has the name "Slave Route". bleh i'm bad with words. Here is a Screen Capture.

Post your WeidU.log please. You've "screwed the pooch" somehow with your translation files for the Worldmap.

It takes a village...

#9 superbai

superbai
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:18 AM

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #103 // Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Darkest Day, v1.12
~SETUP-TDD.TP2~ #0 #1 // TDD Character Kits
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Over Soubar, v1.12
~SETUP-SOS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Remorhaz walking speed adjustment (for ENGLISH version .EXE ONLY!!!)
~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies, v1.9
~SETUP-CTB-CHORES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Candlekeep Chores, v2.1
~SETUP-CTB_FF.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check the Bodies Fast Forward, v1.1 (for CtB v1.8 or later)
~SETUP-TS-BP.TP2~ #0 #0 // TORTURED SOULS v6.10 (BP Compatible Version)
~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.05b
~SETUP-DSOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // DSotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.85 Mod
~SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2~ #0 #0 // NTotSC for BGT-Weidu v1.45 Mod
~SETUP-BONEHILL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bone Hill Mod v2.05 (Requires BGT-Weidu or Tutu)
~SETUP-BGTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Music -> Hybrid Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #0 // Big Picture AI/Enhancement Mod, version 177 weidu (beta)
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Suldanessallar
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Spellhold
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wand of Orcus Add-In
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Small Teeth Pass, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #5 // Improved Kangaxx Encounter, by Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kensai Ryu's Improved Crypt King
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #7 // Kensai Ryu's Gnome Fighter/Illusionist in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #8 // Improved Random Encounters, by Gebhard Blucher and Kensai Ryu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #9 // Gebhard Blucher's Lich in the Docks
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #10 // Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #11 // Kuroisan the Acid Kensai, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #12 // The Ritual, by Westley Weimer
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #13 // Improved Xvart Village, for BGT-weidu
~SETUP-BPV177.TP2~ #0 #15 // Ascension for BP
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised worldmap for the Baldur's Gate v6.6.1 - including coloured Baldur's Gate map icons -> Installing new Worldmap for use with Mega Modification...
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #3 // Travel Times and Area Visibility -> Revised Area Visibility and Travel Times for BG1 & SoA/TOB+BP Family Mods
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #5 // Worldmap size: Choose the size of the worldmap -> Huge Worldmap 8000x4600
~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #6 // Worldmap for Throne of Bhall -> Use new worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #8 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding staff)"
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #5 // "Tortured Souls" - just nice in-game Fonts
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Additional Elminster Encounter
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // Angelo Notices Shar-teel
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // Coran and the Wyverns
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Kivan and Tazok
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Branwen and Tranzig
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Safana the Flirt
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Audio Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Area Corrections and Restorations
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Permanent Corpses
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // Elven Charm and Sleep Racial Resistance
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Original Saga Music Playlist Corrections
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #27 // Sarevok's Diary Corrections
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> No Restrictions (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Two-Handed Bastard Swords
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Two-Handed Katanas
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2312 // Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters (BETA) -> Arcane & Divine Magic
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3011 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For Non-Party-Joinable NPCs Only
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4090 // Make Montaron an Assassin (Andyr)

#10 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:37 AM

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name

If the .rar archive files that these packages do not have a WM6 at the end, you have the wrong version installed. A quick check, look in your DSotSC and NTotSC folders and see if there is a subfolder named Worldmap.

It takes a village...

#11 superbai

superbai
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:50 AM

If the .rar archive files that these packages do not have a WM6 at the end, you have the wrong version installed. A quick check, look in your DSotSC and NTotSC folders and see if there is a subfolder named Worldmap.

Nope, I guess I got the wrong versions. =( Still playable though.