Photo

How long are these mods?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 noxxle

noxxle
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 06:22 PM

How many hours would it take me to go through all the classic adventures?

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:48 AM

Depending on how good player you are, and if you use boots of speed, what quests you take and so one it's from 5 real time hour's to 20+ at least, and there is more... but for me it takes more than a week of active playing to even try to complete one run through.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:05 PM

When I race through CA it takes me at least 8 hours(which includes skipping quests. I would guess it would take 30 hours+ to do everything.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#4 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:00 AM

Just for comparison's sake, how many hours does BGII (SoA) take?
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 02:27 PM

Just for comparison's sake, how many hours does BGII (SoA) take?

It varies on whom from you ask, but it's said that "40 hours of gameplay" by the Armchair Empire. Althought, there is "delivers over 200 hours of true gaming enjoyment" by Gameworld Network. Quotes from here. And then there is the 48 minutes. ^_^

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#6 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:01 AM

Asking for the timeframe of an unfinished project would be like asking a music group how long their next CD will be. No one knows yet.

As of now, it is probably a good 8 - 10 hours if you skip some areas. Also, you can go faster once you already know what the dialogs are going to be about. We don't consider this to be even half way finished yet. You are probably at less than level 15 by the end of Chapter 3. So there are many more quests, mods, and other things to add later to cover the rest of your skill levels. Remember that you can actually advance to level 50 in the IE engine. We have a long way to go.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website