Stucked in the temple of Bhaal after killing Sarevok

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#41 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:06 PM

Ok, found the sarevo.cre in the end biff backup folder.

Attached File  sarevo.cre   1.5K   259 downloads

I tried to run cmd from the BG2 folder but when I type C\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA (after window shows up C:\Documents and Settings\>...I type it here...) I get an error message. I'm not too tech saavy.

#42 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:23 PM

I tried to run cmd from the BG2 folder but when I type C\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA (after window shows up C:\Documents and Settings\>...I type it here...) I get an error message. I'm not too tech saavy.

Oh, put quotes around the path so that the spaces are treated as part of the path

"C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA"

Can I also ask where you can find

~SETUP-NYTHRUNFIXMEGACORE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Broken Cre/Itm/Spl Fix

?

Edited by Ascension64, 20 March 2008 - 11:38 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#43 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 05:39 AM

Oh, put quotes around the path so that the spaces are treated as part of the path

"C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA"

Can I also ask where you can find

~SETUP-NYTHRUNFIXMEGACORE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's Broken Cre/Itm/Spl Fix

?

I'll PM it to you tonight when I get home from work. It's derived from code that is posted over on the G3 website. It resolves about 10 files that cause "illegal 2-byte, and 4-byte reads" when trying to install components like d0Tweaks "summoning" components, etc.

It takes a village...

#44 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:32 PM

So is what we're looking at ultimately a modification the the SCS file that modifies Sarevok?

The change made to scs/endbattle/_sarevok.baf.

For stringency purposes, the edit should end up looking like the following:

IF
	GlobalGT("DMWWSarevokFight","GLOBAL",0)	
	GlobalLT("DMWWSarevokFight","GLOBAL",3)
	Global("FirstDeath","LOCALS",0)
	OR(4)
		Dead("galdor")
		Dead("diarmi")
		Dead("semaj")
		Dead("tazok")
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("DMWWSarevokFight","GLOBAL",2)
		SetGlobal("FirstDeath","LOCALS",1)
END

IF
	Global("DMWWSarevokFight","GLOBAL",2)
	Global("FirstDeath","LOCALS",1)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("FirstDeath","LOCALS",2)
		StartDialog("SAREVO",Player1)
END

IF
	%false_in_tutu%
  HP(Myself,1)
  Global("SarevokBoutToDie","GLOBAL",0)
  Global("SarevokBehavior","GLOBAL",3)
  Global("DMWWSarevokFight","GLOBAL",4)
  Dead("galdor")
  Dead("diarmi")
  Dead("semaj")
  Dead("tazok")
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("SarevokBoutToDie","GLOBAL",1)
	ActionOverride(Myself,StartDialogue("SARDEAD",[PC]))  
END

I have a question that may/may not be a contributing factor .... did you kill Tazok at the bandit camp? I had to manually set a global variable before I went into the temple. (the problem and fix is posted on the SCS forums).

That would have contributed to things screwing up too. The changes made to the BCS file should fix that also, except that it would think that Tazok is already dead even if he isn't.

Could that particular Tazok issue be resolved by removing the death variable from BGTAZOK.CRE?

It takes a village...

#45 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:57 PM

Could that particular Tazok issue be resolved by removing the death variable from BGTAZOK.CRE?

No, because the death variable is used for bandit camp scripting. However, you can force the death variable to rest upon entering the Temple of Bhaal, with SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADTAZOK","GLOBAL",0).

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#46 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:05 PM

Whew, that took some doing.

Running cmd started out as : C:Documents and Settings> "C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA" is not recognized as internal or external command, blah blah even with quotes.

After reading a dos tutorial changed it to C:\>cd Program Files

Then it was C:\Program Files>cd "C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA" which finally worked. I guess I was missing typing cd before the quotes. Aaaggghhh.

I'll post it later, its still running after 2 hours. (I didn't have to just run it from the BGT folder did I?)

#47 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 12:15 AM

Just where your megamod is installed.

--------------
Retired Modder

#48 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 11:07 AM

My computer had a meltdown before I could post it last week (it wouldn't reboot normally, the boot record mysteriously was wiped out)- had to reinstall winxp and all programs including mega. Last thing I saw in the log was something like - "programs modifying sarevo.cre" and there were 5 or 6 things including scs twice. If you want I can try to run it again off the new install I made.

#49 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:24 PM

My computer had a meltdown before I could post it last week (it wouldn't reboot normally, the boot record mysteriously was wiped out)- had to reinstall winxp and all programs including mega. Last thing I saw in the log was something like - "programs modifying sarevo.cre" and there were 5 or 6 things including scs twice. If you want I can try to run it again off the new install I made.

If it is possible, yeah. I'm particularly interested in the things that occur after BPv177. I am aware that you should have at least 4 entries in the list. Thanks for soldiering through it.

--------------
Retired Modder

#50 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:22 PM

If it is possible, yeah. I'm particularly interested in the things that occur after BPv177. I am aware that you should have at least 4 entries in the list. Thanks for soldiering through it.

I've PM'ed you a .rar with everything Sarevo.cre after BGT installs it.

It takes a village...

#51 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:24 PM

I finally remembered to do this. :whistling:

Attached File  log.rar   2.07K   211 downloads

#52 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:45 AM

I finally remembered to do this. :whistling:

Attached File  log.rar   2.07K   211 downloads

Thanks. Your result lends weight to a potential incompatibility between BGT-WeiDU and SCSII, except that I haven't had any time to look in more detail yet.

--------------
Retired Modder

#53 Taimon

Taimon
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:47 AM

I'm pretty sure the anti-chunking component from SCSII does not interfere with Sarevoks death. (I did not notice anything special on my last playthrough with this component installed. Haven't checked with the current version of SCSII though, but I guess this component hasn't been changed since its introduction.)
But I'm curious about the Nythrun fixes. Can someone point me to the tp2s?

#54 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:56 AM

I'm having the same problem, what's the fix? I've tried editing the script based on page 2 and reseting the ISDEADTAZOK variable as described above. All for nothing so far. Sarevok dies and then theres no exit from the temple.

#55 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:51 AM

I went through the maze and the undercity once again using one of my old saves, this time I didn't experience any stuttering when Sarevok died. Surprisingly there was no stuttering even when I used the original save which had been causing it prior going through the maze again. Despite of that I am still unable to leave the temple. I can leave until I talk with Sarevok for the first time, after that the arrow-through-door cursor disappears and won't reappear after killing Sarevok.
The last thing Sarevok said is that I had removed his shields (after killing all his minions) but he won't be denied, he's the Lord of Murder, or something like that. Until this talk he can't be CTRL-Y-ed nor can be killed by any other means, that will make him only near-death, which is the correct way of things I assume. After the talk he can be killed by CTRL-Y or normally. Is he supposed to have another talk to me before he dies? Once I experienced something similar with Sendai, she didn't have her final talk before she died and I was unable to leave her enclave because the portal had not appeared, reinstall solved it however. Does it work like that with Sarevok? Shame the trilogy with big-picture can't be simply reinstalled as well from what I understand.

SCS uses the following code to add protection items to Sarevok that correlate to his minions as follows:
COPY_EXISTING ~%tutu_var%sarevo.cre~ ~override~

WRITE_SHORT 0x24 ~250~ // In vanilla BG, Sarevok dies at 150hp to avoid bugs due

WRITE_SHORT 0x26 ~250~ // to him ~chunking~. But of course in TUTU that confuses 

// the ~injured/badly injured/nearly dead~ display.

// We use a min-hp ring instead.

WRITE_BYTE 0x59 ~40~ // slightly reduced base resistances since he gets them from his followers

WRITE_BYTE 0x5a ~40~

WRITE_BYTE 0x5b ~40~

WRITE_BYTE 0x5c ~40~

WRITE_BYTE 0x5e ~40~

WRITE_BYTE 0x5f ~40~

WRITE_BYTE 0x63 ~0~

READ_LONG 0x2bc ~%itemoffset%~

WRITE_ASCII (~%itemoffset%~+0x50) ~minhp1~ #8 // give him the min-hp ring

ADD_CRE_ITEM ~dw#sarr1~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ ~RRING~//items to simulate acolyte-shielding

ADD_CRE_ITEM ~dw#sarr2~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ ~BOOTS~

ADD_CRE_ITEM ~dw#sarr3~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ ~GLOVES~

ADD_CRE_ITEM ~dw#sarr4~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ ~AMULET~

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~fw0100.are~ THEN BEGIN

COPY_EXISTING ~_sarevo.cre~ ~override~

ADD_CRE_ITEM ~minhp1~ #0 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~LRING~

END

I just ran a test install with SCS following directly after BGT. Looking at SAREVO.CRE just prior to "Improved Final Battle" component installation he still has his BGMINHP1.ITM to keep him from being chunked. After running the "Improved Final Battle" component, that item has somehow been translated over to BGMIMINH.ITM which doesn't exist in the game, so once his last minion is killed, he is CTRL-Yable and can be killed without saying his final piece and opening the door to the temple again. Probably SCS needs a check for BGT as well as Tutu and only run it's script for plain old BG?

It takes a village...

#56 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:37 AM

I ctrl-q ed him into the group after taking out his minions and he said his line like "so you've killed my minions, well I'm the lord of murder!" He still charges and attacks the PC despite being in party control. I ctrl-yed him to death, then raised him with ctrl-r and he kept attacking me. Finaly, I took him to the temple where I had him raised. When he had the 1 hitpoint, he gave his "death speech" and the plot advanced.

I think the problem with killing him normally is he doesn't stop at 1 hit point so he never gives his "death speech".

#57 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:25 PM

I ctrl-q ed him into the group after taking out his minions and he said his line like "so you've killed my minions, well I'm the lord of murder!" He still charges and attacks the PC despite being in party control. I ctrl-yed him to death, then raised him with ctrl-r and he kept attacking me. Finaly, I took him to the temple where I had him raised. When he had the 1 hitpoint, he gave his "death speech" and the plot advanced.

I think the problem with killing him normally is he doesn't stop at 1 hit point so he never gives his "death speech".

That's why he's supposed to have a MINHP1 item in order to allow his death speech.

Commenting out the 2 lines from SCS.tp2 regarding minhp1 allows sarevo.cre to be altered by SCS without messing up his BGMINHP1.ITM:
COPY_EXISTING ~%tutu_var%sarevo.cre~ ~override~
	WRITE_SHORT 0x24 ~250~ // In vanilla BG, Sarevok dies at 150hp to avoid bugs due
	WRITE_SHORT 0x26 ~250~ // to him ~chunking~. But of course in TUTU that confuses 
				// the ~injured/badly injured/nearly dead~ display.
				// We use a min-hp ring instead.
	WRITE_BYTE 0x59 ~40~	// slightly reduced base resistances since he gets them from his followers
	WRITE_BYTE 0x5a ~40~
	WRITE_BYTE 0x5b ~40~
	WRITE_BYTE 0x5c ~40~
	WRITE_BYTE 0x5e ~40~
	WRITE_BYTE 0x5f ~40~
	WRITE_BYTE 0x63 ~0~
//	READ_LONG 0x2bc ~%itemoffset%~
//	WRITE_ASCII (~%itemoffset%~+0x50) ~minhp1~ #8 // give him the min-hp ring
	ADD_CRE_ITEM ~dw#sarr1~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ ~RRING~//items to simulate acolyte-shielding
	ADD_CRE_ITEM ~dw#sarr2~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ ~BOOTS~
	ADD_CRE_ITEM ~dw#sarr3~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ ~GLOVES~
	ADD_CRE_ITEM ~dw#sarr4~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ ~AMULET~

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~fw0100.are~ THEN BEGIN
	COPY_EXISTING ~_sarevo.cre~ ~override~
		ADD_CRE_ITEM ~minhp1~ #0 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~LRING~
END

Edited by erebusant, 13 April 2008 - 01:01 PM.

It takes a village...

#58 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:47 AM

I made the two changes to the Sarevo.bcs you wrote about Ascension. Probably I did something wrong, but have big problems.

1)When entering ducal palace, Sarevok gave his dialogue "a predictable ploy brother, my servants will still serve me..." speech that he usually gives in final battle. The rest of scene was normal.

2)On entering Sarevok's lair in undercity, he stays blue circle and attacks without saying anything. When I talk to him he has Tazok show up (Semaj was already there) and all attack. He has 3 dialogues and then attacks. The other guys that are supposed to be there are MIA - Angelo, etc.

3)Then Sarevok is unkillable. The others turn into skeletons and can be killed, but no more speech by Sarevok he just heals himself and attacks over and over. Cntrl-y brings him to near death and he continues to regenerate again and again.

I put in both snippets of code with NI, compiled and saved, etc.

#59 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:52 PM

Can I fix this particular sarevo.cre with NI and change that BGMIMINH itm to the required BGMINHP1 item? After that I probably have to find it in his override script, class script or both?
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#60 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

Can I fix this particular sarevo.cre with NI and change that BGMIMINH itm to the required BGMINHP1 item? After that I probably have to find it in his override script, class script or both?

If you are getting close to the final battle, try just changing Item and save the cre with the updated item, and see if the final battle occurs as intended. Baby steps. There may be more than 1 problem with the encounter, so fix one at a time.

It takes a village...