[Graphics] Area BMP Needed, Coliseum

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:15 PM

Alright, I'm losing my mind. I *thought* I could convert Waukeens into a viable Coliseum like area, but 8 hours of working on it and it's become increasingly clear that I don't have the skills necessary to make what I want.

Sooooo..... Any help on this would be appreciated. I really only need the BMP, I can convert it to an area unless someone for some weird reason actually *wants* to convert it to an area, then be my guest. :D

For the area itself, what I'm envisioning is fairly large. I was thinking something with an interior about 3/4's the size of Waukeens interior. However, despite the size, I'm not really looking for anything super complicated. A fairly simple coliseum look (think bottom left of Waukeens), oblong or circular, I'd sort of prefer a longer one with flat sides and rounded top/bottom, but whatever, tiered seats/rows, 2 or 3. The tiers can have nothing on them or something, banners, stands, whatever, I'd almost prefer less but again, it doesn't really matter to me.

Totally empty center, I was thinking of having a raised platform at one end for the head guy to sit on and watch people beat each other to death, but either way. Possibly as part of the top wall.

Basically the attached picture, but all the way around. The arch's aren't needed really, but either way works.

The ONLY things I am really fixated on are:
Fairly large, I want a good bit of room to run around and fight in
some sort of coliseum look
outdoors - I was actually thinking about have it be on a separate plane, with some sort of background much like the darkness where the final ToB fight takes place, either would work

As for time frame, sooner is better, but I will be spending some time scripting using a temporary area so it's not a real rush.

Any help on this would be appreciated. :cheers:

Attached Images

• idea.jpg

Edited by Duality, 26 March 2008 - 02:21 PM.

#2 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:22 PM

Didn't Valiant over at BWL create one? Here? (I *thought* I remembered seeing one somewhere.)

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:02 PM

Well, doesn't the Temple Ruins 3 (AR1402) go well with this. One might have to light the map again with the color of your choice, but that should be easier than go do a whole new map.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:23 PM

Wow, I forgot about Valiants map, that was 2 years ago, I never did end up getting the map from him. (and yes, I was considering making an arena mod then, I just never got around to starting it)
Though, it's a little small for what I want now..... Err... way too small.

I actually considered Temple Ruins, (I went through all the maps on BWL looking for something...) but after looking at it, it seemed like it wouldn't be any easier to change then Waukeens would, and as I found out, that's WAY to much complex editing for my limited skills. :P

I guess I'll figure something out eventually if no one was a map lying around :whistling:

I'm just doing dialog and scripting at the moment, which is going to take me a while so I guess I can wait till I have no choice but to figure something out in the hopes that someone who is either skilled at making maps or happens to have something that might work wanders by.

:cheers:

Edited by Duality, 26 March 2008 - 10:25 PM.

#5 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:56 PM

A better option is in ToEE there is a the exact map you are looking for. Someone would have to have the Co8 tools and extract it fo you. I would do it but I can't find my copy of ToEE. I am sure if you ask some members on this board can do this for you. You will still need to make the search maps.

Edited by leahnkain, 27 March 2008 - 09:51 PM.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#6 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:19 AM

http://forums.blackw...?...ost&p=17011

I have this area wallgroup-ed and search-mapped, for an already in development mod (which includes an arena).

#7 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:37 AM

leanhnkain - Do you know which ToEE map it is? There are a number that are extracted and posted on BWL, but none fit my needs really.

Guest - That's Valiants map, mentioned earlier, it's too small for what I want, but I PM'd him yesterday on BWl, asking if he still had the map lying around. I might be able to modify it (or if I'm really lucky, and he has the time/inclination, he might :D)

We'll see, I've been doing dialog and some script files, but I'm finding it annoying, since not having a map means I'm going to have to go back and reset all the points.....

Edited by Duality, 28 March 2008 - 08:37 AM.

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:04 PM

A better option is in ToEE there is a the exact map you are looking for.

Do you mean the number 14 on this map, but it's already in the Classic Adventures. :o

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#9 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:06 PM

No, the above map is not the map. If you need the tools from ToEE to find the map. It may have been from a opening cutscence in the game or never used in the game at all. If I remember correctly there is a Roman Coliseum there. Jarno, CA uses a heavily modified version of the above map.(We cut the map up and used rooms) Play through again and you will see how different the CA map is.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#10 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 29 March 2008 - 05:21 AM

Here is the map. You need to make the search map. It may be too small for your needs. Maybe someone else can use it if you don't need it.

Attached Images

• map_49_Colosseum_arena.jpg