Posted 12 June 2003 - 01:22 AM

Posted Image

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#2 Warder

Warder
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 03:35 AM

*a mysterious note pegged underneath the advertisement*

If that's what adventuring does to people... then let's make 4 years of mandatory adventuring & dungeon crawling enforced for everyone when they turn 20!

#3 Ashramyr

Ashramyr
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 04:21 AM

Well, in the order:

1. Imoen: i prefer the Soa portrait (without the scar, it would be better). I think it represents more her mischievous character.

2: Hum...for Jaheira, it's fifty-fifty: beatiful and voluptuous with the picture for BG1 but "too human". The second choice is more realisitc and illustrates perfectly the philosophical spirit of Jaheira.

3. I think that there isn't any discussion. The first portrait is awful. My god, bioware has been horrible with Vicky.

So, in conclusion, Soa portrait rule.
French translation team's contact: The D'Oghmatiques. Ask me if your mod need a french version

One of the admnistrators (as Egrevyn) of the biggest french forum on infinity engine games: La Couronne de Cuivre. Our site on BG2: Le Monde de Baldur's Gate

#4 Earl Grey

Earl Grey
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 03:31 PM

The BG portraits have more life in them, they are grittier, more realistic I think. The BG2 portraits have a pin-up girl feel about them that might be slick but not necessarily better.

None of the Imoen portraits capture Imoen's personality. The BG2 portrait attempts to capture the tormented side of Imoen and does it quite well, but unfortunately that's also a bit depressing.
I like Viconia's character, but I don't much care for her portrait in either game. In BG it's not drow at all and the BG2 portrait... it still doesn't say "drow" to me. It somehow reminds me of baywatch, silicon "enhancements" and playboy. <_<

#5 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 04:19 PM

Perhaps this picture would fit Viconia better.

#6 -icelus-

-icelus-

Posted 12 June 2003 - 05:32 PM

Perhaps this picture would fit Viconia better.

Ummm....noooooooooooo....lol

#7 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 04:11 AM

On the Viciona one, BGII portrait, np questio of that at all!
The Jaheira one is a tricky one as both of them emphasize different elements of her character. The BGI portrait focuses on womanhood and nature. It hides ger ears, shows her hair down and the attire is that of a druid rather then a warrior The second seems to emphasize a whole lot more 'the other side' that of someone embittered by personal loss and of hardened resolve. If you are going for any semblance of realism. stick with the second one as she almost deserts her TN/druid past in BGII

And I beleive that The Earl summed up Imeon perfectly

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#8 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 04:44 AM

It's funny that this has turned into a discussion of which pictures are "better". ;)

#9 Mr Ennigma

Mr Ennigma
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 07:39 AM

Just goes to show you never know what you'll get when you open that box....... Posted Image
Noble ends are not always reached by noble means...

If knowledge is power, then to be unknown is to be unconquerable.

Fade Dlardrageth Mod; some thievin' and some lovin' all rolled into one...
Discover her here.

#10 Earl Grey

Earl Grey
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 07:56 AM

It's funny that this has turned into a discussion of which pictures are "better". ;)

Umm... yah. It is a funny joke - I did a little :D here in my chair when I saw it, but forgot to write so in the post - but is it so strange to interpret it as an invite to discuss the merits of the portraits? :o

#11 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 04:31 AM

Part of the point was, it's meant to make you laugh, or at least smile. The other point is stated quite well in the ad itself, that the portraits look nothing alike. ;) I think Minsc and Edwin are the only ones that look like the same person in the portraits. ;)

#12 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 06:48 AM

I just got this mental flash of

Saravok with a milk mustache....

and the premise for "Postal 2", which my brother is going to bring me later, in which you use a flame thrower on members of the parent's association against violence in video games....

I have a sick, sick mind...I need help... :P
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#13 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 12:16 PM

Part of the point was, it's meant to make you laugh, or at least smile. The other point is stated quite well in the ad itself, that the portraits look nothing alike. ;) I think Minsc and Edwin are the only ones that look like the same person in the portraits. ;)

Minsc, possibly. But poor Edwin gained about 10 years and 20 pounds in just the few weeks since BG1. (Not to mention that hideous nosering.) I personally tend to insert his BG1 pic instead. ;)

#14 Theodur

Theodur

Proud Founder of EATCO

• 182 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 02:43 PM

The Jaheira one is a tricky one as both of them emphasize different elements of her character. The BGI portrait focuses on womanhood and nature. It hides ger ears, shows her hair down and the attire is that of a druid rather then a warrior The second seems to emphasize a whole lot more 'the other side' that of someone embittered by personal loss and of hardened resolve. If you are going for any semblance of realism. stick with the second one as she almost deserts her TN/druid past in BGII

Heh, that's a nice, decent summary, a nod from this Jaheira-fan! Though, personally I choose to use her Bg1 pic all the time... she looks so sexy and passionate, hehe :)

I actually like everyone's Bg1 pic better than their Bg2 pics, yep, even Viconia - in Bg2 she looks a bit... slutty? She doesn't look eeeeevil enough for me... so I usually change all of the pics I can :)

#15 Shadowcat

Shadowcat

ShadowKitty

• 691 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 09:05 AM

I disagree. I like the BG2 portraits better.(plus imoen is MUCH cooler with pink hair.)

but I am getting ahead of myself. I am shadowcat, and im new to this forum, and I'm very interested in the chloe MOD. any idea when it'll be finished?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

keep it stupid, simple.

There are no stupid questions, there are just alot of inquisitive idiots.

#16 -Castamir-

-Castamir-

Posted 16 June 2003 - 02:51 PM

Did Jaheira have a nose job? :huh:

#17 stinky_Ogre

stinky_Ogre
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 05:49 AM

Wow, she sure did. Didn't think a druid would do something like that. Guess nature wasn't good enough...

#18 Kismet

Kismet

Mild Thang

• 348 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 04:21 AM

Did Jaheira have a nose job?  :huh:

Looks like Viconia got one too, not to mention getting her eyebrows seriously plucked.

#19 stinky_Ogre

stinky_Ogre
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 07:52 AM

Viconia also got a color change operation...

#20 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 08:36 AM

Hey, once you've gone smurf you never go back. ;)