Brand new BALDURS GATE OPERA

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 --Bereth Darkides--

--Bereth Darkides--

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:10 AM

Happy you like lads. Keep passing the word. If the download dies let me know and I will reup it.

Also I do have all cores at 1026 kbps in Wav format still so if you want supreme quality, let me know. Keep in mind they are each about 30mbs in size x 50 files.

Just to give you an idea how much went into it!

#22 --Bereth Darkides--

--Bereth Darkides--

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:20 AM

Terrific job! :cheers: My congratulations and appreciation. It must have taken you a huge amount of time to extract and convert all of the tracks.

Yup,,lol, about 2-3 months 2 hours per day approx.

And so... when are you going to do IWD? ;)

EDIT: Ah, right. I should learn to read and listen. The IWD flute told me to concentrate better.

Yup again. The music within is from BG1, SoA, ToB, IWD, and Torment.

I should work on the others too (NWN, IWD 2, NWN 2), but will take a while.
Other than that, I surely hope everyone enjoys this.

#23 --Bereth Darkides--

--Bereth Darkides--

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:24 AM

Links above do not work, see the post below for functioning links.

Thanks Ronin.. :cheers:

#24 khay

khay

Swords to Rust, Hearts to Dust

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 10:05 AM

Great idea and THANK YOU for not using 128kbps! My question, though is, what quality are those ACM files? Is it a lossless compression?

I took the liberty of abusing my moderator powers and edit the initial post to fix the links, I hope it`s alright with you. :)

#25 --Bereth Darkides--

--Bereth Darkides--

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:00 PM

Great idea and THANK YOU for not using 128kbps! My question, though is, what quality are those ACM files? Is it a lossless compression?

I took the liberty of abusing my moderator powers and edit the initial post to fix the links, I hope it`s alright with you. :)

Not exactly true. What you need to do first is use an ACM to Wav converter but when doing so make sure to check your output. In essence remember the quality it was compiled from in the first place so you can have it create WAV files at 1028kbps. (yup those are big little snippits). There will be no loss during "decompression".

The biggest problem wasn't this though. What the guys did to create it for the game was record straight from the core songs; yes you heard right, RECORD it!. In so doing it wasn't that you would simply reattach the pieces of a puzzle as many of them overlapped at points.

Put it to you this way. Someone gives you 13 pieces of a map from 13 maps. Each map has a little bit of the corresponding map so it would kind of overlap. Same thing with the music files inmany ways. Just imagine what the timing would have sounded like had these overlaps not been edited.

On some of the tunes that Loop, I had to create new overlaps in perfect timing without the use of a tabing audio program. I actualy used Creative Labs for all the editing.
Like I said before, I have all Core (1028kbps) Wav files in completion still. The Chapple Tune from BG1 alone is over 50mbs in size and it's only a 3 minute song. :-)

From this quality, I could output it even for 5.1 surround.

#26 --Bereth Darkides--

--Bereth Darkides--

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:10 AM

Still Available

#27 -Martin-

-Martin-

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:38 AM

hey,

I just wanted to really thank you for this man - I loved the music for the BG serious, and you've done a great job of stitching the various fragments together !

From playing the game, my fav musical themes were that ruined temple of light where you have to go to cure Jahera, the Watchers Keep, and the really haunting music over the closing epilogue where you get to read about your companions fate. I think I can pick the last two out for sure but memory's kinda hazy on the third.

thanks again!

Martin

Well here it is folks. Completely mixed and made into an 1.5 hour long Opera. (yes you read right)

ACM to small WAV, then mixed and edited by yours truly. (HUGE Core Wav files were recorded at 1024 kbps, etc.)
Cut/Revised,, compacted then used creative studio using a visual tab to ensure a perfect flawless mix and finally into mp3 format.
Oh and this did take me 2.5 months to accomplish. All content from;

Baldurs Gate, Shadows of Amn, Throne of Bhaal, Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment.

Two files
Part 1 and Part 2, both at 256 kbps, 44 khz.

It tells a story on it's own. If you liked the music, then you will LOVE this. If you Read, you'll find it excellent music to read by!

Enjoy, PS ...Damb I'm good, lol.

Part 1, 80.82 MB : Baldurs_Gate_Opera_by_Bereth_Darkides.mp3

http://rapidshare.co...th_Darkides.mp3

Part 2, 86.08 MB : Baldurs_Gate_Opera_by_Bereth_Darkides_part_2.mp3

http://rapidshare.co...ides_part_2.mp3

:cheers: :whistling: :cheers: