Photo

The Custom Character Portrait Thread!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 05:39 PM

^_^ How many people out there have custom portraits for their characters in Icewind Dale or the Baldur's Gate series?
Well, you can post em here, if you want to.

Here's my Bhaalspawn, Samora--

samoraportrait.png

...Obviously, this is an enlarged size, as something this big wouldn't fit in the game...
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#2 RedTyga

RedTyga
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:58 AM

Ha, for BG I just edited Prince of Persia art.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

• 657 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:29 PM

Hey, thas' cool. It still fits, doesn't it?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#4 Cykuta

Cykuta
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:32 AM

I did the first one for my archer by combining bits of Jaheira, Viconia and Kivan :blink: . The second is for my sorceress, and it's made out of my own photograph. Looks quite scary, no? :)

Attached Files

Guess what? I've started a blog! Kitchen Witchcraft : of Magic and Macaroni.

#5 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:20 PM

I did the first one for my archer by combining bits of Jaheira, Viconia and Kivan :blink: . The second is for my sorceress, and it's made out of my own photograph. Looks quite scary, no? :)

those are really awesome! I will post mine when I get home today... ;)

EDIT: here are mine.

Attached Files

Edited by princesspurpleblob, 22 April 2008 - 09:08 PM.

#6 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

• 657 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:45 PM

wow, these are all really cool ^_^
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!

#7 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:53 PM

I found her a long time ago, fell in love and decided I just had to Mod her (Pity really to have kept her waiting this long, but....)

OCTOBER NPC (In Progress)

Minotaur In Maze

Attached Images

• october_A.JPG

They say the world is going to Hell.

They are wrong.

The world IS Hell! Always has been, always will be; except perhaps for the five percent or so of the population who can afford differently.

And, if one must reside in Hell, it is far better to do it as a minion of the Devil than as a member of the damned.
LOVE SUCKS: It makes fools and slaves of us all.
But being alone and unloved is worse.
- Nancy A. Collins "Thin Walls"

#8 Abigail

Abigail
  • 172 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:08 AM

I was trying to paint some portraits for my characters just like Sammi did. The results so far:

avatar.gif - The same one I'm using as my avatar at the moment

portrait_copy.jpg - for my cleric PC
my deviantart account ---> http://prozakc-blues.deviantart.com

#9 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:47 AM

I found her a long time ago, fell in love and decided I just had to Mod her (Pity really to have kept her waiting this long, but....)

OCTOBER NPC (In Progress)

Minotaur In Maze

I found her a long time ago too and thought she looked like Nalia SHOULD look. I always use her as Nalia in my games.

#10 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:07 AM

I found her a long time ago too and thought she looked like Nalia SHOULD look. I always use her as Nalia in my games.

WHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crying: :crying: :crying:

Attached Images

• NEW_Drellos.JPG
  • Necromancer.jpg

They say the world is going to Hell.

They are wrong.

The world IS Hell! Always has been, always will be; except perhaps for the five percent or so of the population who can afford differently.

And, if one must reside in Hell, it is far better to do it as a minion of the Devil than as a member of the damned.
LOVE SUCKS: It makes fools and slaves of us all.
But being alone and unloved is worse.
- Nancy A. Collins "Thin Walls"

#11 Sir_Carnifex

Sir_Carnifex

Scourge of Kobolds

• 290 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:45 PM

I found this and thought he fit the game fairly well, so I resized it and used it for my barbarian.
Posted Image
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

#12 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:06 AM

This is for my SoU & HotU half-breed PC and is just about the only custom portrait I've ever put an effort to make.

Uniel_h.jpg
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#13 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

• 657 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:10 PM

allyportrait.png
This is a custom portrait I did for my friend Middy of her Bhaalspawn Alshara.
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!

#14 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:50 AM

Hmmm...I've drawn portraits before which I intended to use for my characters, but I usually never managed to finish them, or I was done playing by the time I did.

But this time I'm preparing in advance (and this thread inspired me to do so. ^_^ ). This is a portrait I've started working on yesterday, and intend to use for my third Baldur's Gate character ever (and the second one I'll play through the whole series with. My first one was an half-elf called Noemie Seveen, when I first got BG 2 and ToB (and didn't have BG 1) in German, who was also the first I tried doing a portrait for (and I even finished it), but I never actually got to use that portrait. My second one you all know as that loony Noriko, who will often be found latched onto Xan's back in a glomp (I use Tony DiTerlizzi's "Angelic Blessing" for her portrait, even if it's a bit too serene for her overall personality. ;) But gods, I *love* the nose on that one.). And so this one will be my third character. I will create her because I want to play through the Ajantis romance right from the start once the BG 2 part comes out for it, and since Ajantis won't romance a Rogue (or so I've heard), I wouldn't be able to use Noriko (who, by the way, will always officially be with Xan, even if I used her to play through every romance I ever played through, apart from Anomen, which was with Noemie. Though actually, I am currently replaying the Anomen romance with Noriko, to try out the flirt pack thingy or whatever it was called.). She doesn't have a name yet, but she won't have a last name (because it makes me flinch every time when someone adresses my character with her full name. I mean, Anomen is flirting with Noemie, and still says "Noemie Seveen"? Ouch. :wacko: I'm so glad in Neverwinter Nights they made it so First and Last names can be separated.) and I'll likely have her be a Wild Mage. So after this small essay (sorry...but really, did you expect anything but an essay from any of my posts? :rolleyes: ), here it is:

Posted Image

(Yes, I can draw in a style other than slightly cartoony, and chibi. :P ;) This here was drawn without any kind of reference, off the top of my head. But I can draw even more realistic with reference. If I don't use reference, my own style tends to come through lot - you know, with noses that have character (because I love those. This portrait has a rather mild example of that, though.), and a bit larger than average eyes*. But I guess that's normal for most artists.)

What do you think?

- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*On drawing eyes: I used to draw them all the time. When I was doodling, and couldn't think of anything else to draw, and before I started drawing Chibis and eerily cute Undead [Zombies are cute! And huggable {with appropriate caution, of course}. You can't dissuade me of that.], I'd draw eyes. My school documents would stare back at you, there were so many eyes on them. Even these days, more often than not I'll doodle eyes - yes, I'm not a very creative doodler, though I have to say, these days I sometimes do draw some cute stuff when doodling after all, so there might be hope for me yet. :P ;) I think over time I got really good at it, and in fact, a classmate once said "Wow. If there's one thing to be said about your art, it's that the eyes are stunning - They seem so real!" Now, I don't know if others agree with that, because I prefer to let other people be the judge all the time, but if they point out things like that like in this case, I was extremely flattered. :blush:

Edited by Jazhara7, 16 May 2008 - 07:03 AM.

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#15 Abigail

Abigail
  • 172 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 04:44 AM

<the essay ;)>

I'm going to reassure you about the eyes - they ARE stunning! So alive and unique :wub:
Overall, it's a really great sketch. How are you planning to finish it? Some traditional media or a digital stuff?
I can't draw a realistic face without some reference to save my life, it always ends up looking much more cartoony than I intended. That doesn't have to be a bad thing, but I'd like to learn to draw realistic (well, more or less), so usually I abuse a photo of some random guy/lass and only change some details. Like in this one:

portrait2s.jpg

Colors used to be smoother, but it didn't look good as an actual portrait in game. So I had to sharpen it, thus making it more 'cartoony' again :rolleyes: However, it's the quickest one I've done so far. Took me "only" 3 hours or so.
my deviantart account ---> http://prozakc-blues.deviantart.com

#16 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:59 AM

<the essay ;)>

I'm going to reassure you about the eyes - they ARE stunning! So alive and unique :wub:
Overall, it's a really great sketch. How are you planning to finish it? Some traditional media or a digital stuff?
I can't draw a realistic face without some reference to save my life, it always ends up looking much more cartoony than I intended. That doesn't have to be a bad thing, but I'd like to learn to draw realistic (well, more or less), so usually I abuse a photo of some random guy/lass and only change some details. Like in this one:

portrait2s.jpg

Colors used to be smoother, but it didn't look good as an actual portrait in game. So I had to sharpen it, thus making it more 'cartoony' again :rolleyes: However, it's the quickest one I've done so far. Took me "only" 3 hours or so.

Thankies! ^_^

I'm probably going to colour using coloured pencils (Prismacolour, most likely, though I'll have to see.), as I usually fail at digital colouring. If all else fails, I'm going to try making big puppy eyes here or on some other forum and try to get someone else to do the colouring for me. But that would really only be the last resort. :lol:

I know how it is. Like I said, without reference my stuff looks quite a bit cartoony too, though usually I just draw what comes to my mind, so I can't really say "more than I intended" (though that does happen too sometimes). Compare the elf up there to another portrait sketch (which I maybe will make a portrait from too one day, though you shouldn't hold your breath. ;) ) I did a bit earlier this year, using reference:

Posted Image

As you can see, the eyes are much smaller, and it's overall more realistic. I still like it, though I would have difficulties drawing that realistic without a reference any time soon, I think.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Edited by Jazhara7, 18 May 2008 - 08:08 AM.

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#17 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:51 AM

I search for my portraits in the net and then resize them. This is the one I'm currently using for my Bhaalspawn.
e1L.JPG

Edited by Lythari, 28 May 2008 - 02:52 AM.

I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

My deviantArt account / my dragon lair

#18 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 04:14 AM

Wow, all of these portraits are truly incredible... they're definite incentives to search around for my next round of BG! :D I love all of the customs... Abigail, your portraits look great. Personality seems to spring off them. And the same goes for Sammi Somara and Orthodoxia's works ^_^.

Edit: RedTyga, your edited Prince of Persia portrait looks swell! I'd love to use that for a male PC one day...

Edited by Shadowhawke, 29 May 2008 - 04:16 AM.

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#19 RedTyga

RedTyga
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:26 AM

Wow, all of these portraits are truly incredible... they're definite incentives to search around for my next round of BG! :D I love all of the customs... Abigail, your portraits look great. Personality seems to spring off them. And the same goes for Sammi Somara and Orthodoxia's works ^_^.

Edit: RedTyga, your edited Prince of Persia portrait looks swell! I'd love to use that for a male PC one day...

Feel free to use them, it's not like I own the artworks or anything :) and they are simple little edits from the original artwork.

#20 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:07 PM

Posted Image

There's my dippy elven sorceress, who has a questionable wisdom score, but a great rack. And man, does Coran love her for it. She will officially unofficially always belong to Haer'Dalis. And a bit of Renal Bloodscalp also floats her boat - she's CG, but generally TN because the good characters - well, man, do they suck. Besides, it's not like she's some existential philosopher - she likes dresses and kitties and when boys call her pretty. And bards, because they're the best at calling girls pretty. And she's bossy enough to, like, really really hate Jaheira.

The portrait was a straightforward recoloring of Viconia, with the big wavy bits of hair taken off and with some random ladies' face pasted over the top. Pity about the trout lips.

Edited by Hishi, 02 June 2008 - 02:09 PM.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.