[GRAPHICS] BAM for a set of scales - PS:T mod

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:13 PM

Miloch suggested I ask here, so here it is :)

I need a good .BAM in the Planescape Torment style for a set of handheld scales. Doesn't need to blaze golden sunlight or anything, just a simple set of scales will suffice, like the zodiac symbol for Libras. I'm more concerned with it matching the overall PS:T style so they don't look out of place among other items than anything else.

Miloch, as I said before, if you think it's something you can get to within a month or so, that's totally fine, I just figured I'd ask elsewhere to get the ball rolling now if that's not going to be possible for you. Thanks either way :)

Qwinn

#2 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 02:30 AM

I am picking this up. I have several pictures now and I will see what I can come up with. I have PST here as well, so I might be able to check what it looks like ingame ;-)
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#3 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:37 PM

Thank you! That is great, cause progress on the various mods I'm working on has been much faster than expected. I think I'll be releasing well within the month originally expected. I'll probably start testing within the next couple days.

Qwinn

#4 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:22 AM

So here is my first version. I never magined how drawing scales would be difficult in 25x25 resolution :wacko:
I am quite happy with how the larger version (selected) turned out, and the smaller - well, it is recognizable if nothing else <_<

The original image I used is the top left, I also considered the three other, but the first one looked best in game... If you would prefer some other look, let me know via PM or here ;-)

Attached Images

• pstscales1big.gif
  • pstscales2big.gif
  • pstscales3big.gif
  • pstscales4big.gif

Attached Files

Edited by Tassadar88, 30 April 2008 - 05:23 AM.

The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#5 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:03 PM

Tassadar88, that is freakin' FANTASTIC, thank you so much!!!

I only have one change to request, if it's at all possible. The background color for all other items in game is a consistent bright green, the background color for your bam is a darkish blue. Would that be difficult to change?

If you have Near Infinity installed, scrolling through the other II*.BAM files and then yours, you can see what I'm talking about. If the background color could be changed to match the other .BAMS, it would literally be perfect.

Thanks huge again for your help! I'd do it but my art skills are... well, let's just say even my stick figures suck... :wacko:

Qwinn

P.S. If the background doesn't have any effect on how it looks in game, then don't worry about it (I'm a n00b to the graphics part, so I don't know). I don't have my item made just yet, but I'll attach it to some item and check it out in game tonight.

Edited by Qwinn, 30 April 2008 - 03:14 PM.

#6 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:18 PM

Tassadar88, that is freakin' FANTASTIC, thank you so much!!!

I only have one change to request, if it's at all possible. The background color for all other items in game is a consistent bright green, the background color for your bam is a darkish blue. Would that be difficult to change?

If you have Near Infinity installed, scrolling through the other II*.BAM files and then yours, you can see what I'm talking about. If the background color could be changed to match the other .BAMS, it would literally be perfect.

Thanks huge again for your help! I'd do it but my art skills are... well, let's just say even my stick figures suck... :wacko:

Qwinn

P.S. If the background doesn't have any effect on how it looks in game, then don't worry about it (I'm a n00b to the graphics part, so I don't know). I don't have my item made just yet, but I'll attach it to some item and check it out in game tonight.

The background is transparent as it is, I checked it ingame-I will show you some comparison when I get to my playing computer today - if you wish for any other bam, let me know ;-)

#7 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:10 AM

Tassadar88,

I checked it out in game this morning (sorry it took so long, I got distracted by monstrous issues with my dialog.tlk file for a few days, heh) and it -does- look really great in game, thanks so much! I could definitely go with what you've given me and be delighted. And I'll definitely give you prominent credit for it :) If you are truly bored, though, I'm thinking mebbe we could lighten the color of the darker parts of the scale, if possible? Cause in my game, it's almost identical to the dark gray background color of the inventory slots, and this means with the small icon it's very hard to see anything except the two gold trays. The big picture looks awesome, specially because you can see it against lighter backgrounds, but the small icon in your inventory it is hard to make out what it actually is. Maybe a silver coloring would make the rest of it stand out better? Or gray, or gold like the trays, or something? Cause the trays themselves look fine.

Again, this is totally not a big deal if you're too busy, if it doesn't happen, I'll still be quite happy with it.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 03 May 2008 - 04:11 AM.

#8 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:20 AM

No prob,

I will take a look at it on Monday. I am now working on several projects, but PST gets top priority (and it i sabout time it got some modding attention, too) :-)
If you need anything else, let me know.

#9 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:38 PM

Thanks!

And tonight I came up with a WeiDU solution to what I have a feeling was one of the biggest disincentives to PS:T modding - the VAR.VAR file. No longer... I've whipped up some macros that make adding new variables (local or global) to your PS:T game very easy :)

SO, hopefully when I'm done here, this game will finally get the serious attention it has deserved for a long time :)

Qwinn

#10 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:28 PM

Just wanted to publicly thank you again for the great work you did on this, Tassadar :) It looks great. The mod is complete and will be getting released as part of my PST Tweak Pack in a week or two, depending on how testing goes.

Qwinn