• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:34 PM

Hey Zyraen and company!

Looking forward to playing this exciting mod! I have one observation so far and I am playing a BGT game with BTL installed (most recent download 2/08).

Kiyone will show up in the BG1 part meeting the alignment, rep@13 requirements and chapter 2. It is easy to avoid once getting to Chapter 3 in BG1. Is it possible to add a check for Global("EndOfBG1","GLOBAL",2) in future releases? I didn't want to accept her quest and have it be a year (gametime) before we get to Athkatla.

Sounds like a lot of fun and from what I have seen, this will be a regular for my megamods!
Thanks,
Hop
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#2 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:40 PM

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#3 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:44 PM

Hey, Hoppy, you beat me to it! I was going to report it this very morning :-) I met her in the FAK and mind you that killing Ankhegs was never easier before :-P
I was with her for a while and then asked her to go to the goverment district (and I hope she will be there for me when I get out of CI today-IŽll let you know)
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#4 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:49 PM

Off the side note, since you can let her wait for you in the Govt District, it shouldn't be a problem to have to choose :)

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:01 PM

Hey, Hoppy, you beat me to it! I was going to report it this very morning :-) I met her in the FAK and mind you that killing Ankhegs was never easier before :-P
I was with her for a while and then asked her to go to the goverment district (and I hope she will be there for me when I get out of CI today-IŽll let you know)

No rest for the wicked! :devil: Or me.... :rolleyes:

I thought about recruiting her and reconsidered as that would be a horribly exploited cheat. SCS would be null and void.

She came to you right after Joia's ring was returned and you are good aligned, obviously? To avoid this for now I wait to give her the ring and go to Nashkel. Chapter changes there.

Did the game ask for a Baldur's Gate CD at the point she talks to you? Someone else had that issue but I use the NOCD crack all the time now.

Good luck with your mega Tassadar88!
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#6 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:03 PM

Off the side note, since you can let her wait for you in the Govt District, it shouldn't be a problem to have to choose :)

It is a good thing she is VERY patient.
:lol:

- King Diamond

#7 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:17 PM

No rest for the wicked! :devil: Or me.... :rolleyes:

I thought about recruiting her and reconsidered as that would be a horribly exploited cheat. SCS would be null and void.

She came to you right after Joia's ring was returned and you are good aligned, obviously? To avoid this for now I wait to give her the ring and go to Nashkel. Chapter changes there.

Did the game ask for a Baldur's Gate CD at the point she talks to you? Someone else had that issue but I use the NOCD crack all the time now.

Good luck with your mega Tassadar88!

No, the game didnŽt ask me for it and I have a BGII cd2 mounted via daemon all the time. I am a happy owner of some two or three sets of original BG/BG2 discs, but the mounted images just do not get scratched, so I use them instead :whistling:
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#8 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:23 PM

No, the game didnŽt ask me for it and I have a BGII cd2 mounted via daemon all the time. I am a happy owner of some two or three sets of original BG/BG2 discs, but the mounted images just do not get scratched, so I use them instead :whistling:

Could you explain this technique more or direct me to a tutorial for this technique? :unsure:

- King Diamond

#9 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:48 PM

Simple enough, really - all I had to do was to make a copy of the BG2CD2 via Nero for example. (You set it to burn a copy of the disk and instead of your burner, you set the destination to a bg.iso file.
Then you download and install Daemon tools. It is for free and no copyright suffers for that. When Daemon is running on your machine, you open you virual cd rom, select mount image and find the iso file. Voila, all will be working. The only disadvantage is that you have to keep the 600 mb file on your hard disk, but that should not be too much of an issue.

If you would like me to specify anything of it further, send a PM ;-)

#10 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:09 AM

I'll also PM Hoppy.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#11 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:53 AM

Cool. thanks guys! I will check it out! I will try it with my PS:T as well.

- King Diamond

#12 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:43 AM

Cool. thanks guys! I will check it out! I will try it with my PS:T as well.

Oh, I can guarantee you that it will work as well -I mostly have PST emulated alongside BG :)

#13 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:30 PM

The only disadvantage is that you have to keep the 600 mb file on your hard disk, but that should not be too much of an issue.

You don't need to keep it on your local drive :) -- mine is sitting on another computer in different part of the apartment.
Barring slower load times (which you can semi-workaround by having a larger cache), the beauty of a virtual mount is that the iso can be almost anywhere, network-wise.

#14 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:04 PM

The only disadvantage is that you have to keep the 600 mb file on your hard disk, but that should not be too much of an issue.

You don't need to keep it on your local drive :) -- mine is sitting on another computer in different part of the apartment.
Barring slower load times (which you can semi-workaround by having a larger cache), the beauty of a virtual mount is that the iso can be almost anywhere, network-wise.

Huh? I never said it would have to be a local one :whistling: But true dat, it is nice.

#15 -Grimfang-

-Grimfang-

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:42 AM

She spawned for me directly after candlekeep for me (playing BPM), maybe beacuse im paladin.
I accepted her quest and we went out adventuring. Then it hit me when she asked jaheira how she felt about khalids death with him standing besides me??!

What can i do not to crash this mods quest progression? Will it trigger right when i enter BG2 even if i ditch her now?

Thanks

#16 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:30 PM

It will trigger right, just tell her to wait for you in the Govt District. No worries, as long as your reputation remains high.

#17 -LRP-

-LRP-

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:34 PM

I had this happen to me also, same thing, playing the mega mod install, in chapter two of BG1 right after I turned the ring in.

I haven't played the game in years, and am unsure how to make Chapter three happen. I've barely begun the quests around the Inn there. Someone please tell me exactly what I must do? Is there a dialog that pops up WHEN chapter three starts or what? Kind of hate to drag her along on further quests, or will just going to Nashkel cause the Chapter three to start up. The rest of us are only still a level one, and of course have no gear anything near this npc, I'd hate for some of the game to turn ultra easy, or when the enemies come round, ultra hard LOL.

#18 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:04 PM

will just going to Nashkel cause the Chapter three to start up.

Yes.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#19 -LRP-

-LRP-

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:57 AM

Yes.

Thanks for coming to rescue again Jarno. I went to Nashkel, triggered chapter three, talked to the guard on the bridge, I tried to talk to her then, and I still get.. that she has nothing to say to me. Should I do something in chapter three? Go to the mines or something?

#20 -LRP-

-LRP-

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:58 AM

Yes.

Thanks for coming to rescue again Jarno. I went to Nashkel, triggered chapter three, talked to the guard on the bridge, I tried to talk to her then, and I still get.. that she has nothing to say to me. Should I do something in chapter three? Go to the mines or something?

So far ever since she's joined when I try to talk with her I get she has nothing to say to me btw