Commentary on the Quiz

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:55 AM

I don't feel right copying other people's answers. Besides I'm waiting for the religion section, I might actually have a clue there.

And I haven't really decided if I shall even try.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#2 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:00 AM

Thanks for the compliment. I am bit fearful about the religion part though...

Heh, I'm looking forward to it.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

#3 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:29 AM

Thanks for the compliment. I am bit fearful about the religion part though...

Heh, I'm looking forward to it.

To beat me? :P Point is I know religion, but too much mainstream I am afraid. I will just have to see what Bluenose asks

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#4 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:08 PM

No, I just quite enjoy the study of FR religion.

#5 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:18 AM

What deities can you find temples or shrines for without leaving Athkatla, as presented in BG2-SoA? What other deities can you encounter clerics of?

Murphy's Law: Bluenose will ask what should be an easy question about Athkatla while I'm in the Underdark. Better nail these Illithids quickly. They keep eating my memory.
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#6 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:45 PM

Waukeen - To be honest can't remember but I am sure not only Trademeet has a shrine, but can't remember quite where

There's a very small temple in Government District. Also Lliira Mask, and Ghaunaduar are new to me.

#7 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:00 PM

Lliira was a matter of interpretation-the Waukeenar priests are getting their spells from *someone*. And I thought there was a shrine to Mask in the Docks somewhere.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#8 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:04 PM

Hmm perhaps in the Shadow Thieves lair? Otherwise don't know that I've ever heard of it.

#9 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:48 PM

I am sure Bluenose will split this off (which wouldn't be bad ;)), but as I can recall the cleric in Trademeet tells you he is a true Liira cleric and offers protection to those of Waukeen.
Ghaunaduar is the challenge you have to do for Phaere. There are a few drows on a platform. One is a mage, another a female cleric. They heed the Slime lord which is Ghaunaduar.
As said I can only think of those random encounter of Tactics where they call upon Mask, I don't think there is a shrine in the Docks. Neither at Mae'var or at the Shadow Thief compound. That is as far as I can remember.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#10 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:26 AM

A simple black scroll

Jergal (Oghma's symbol is a blank white scroll, IIRC)

True that it is a blank scroll but Jergal = Jawless skull and writing quill on scroll, it fits it less

#11 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:46 AM

Can people post any comments and discussion in here, rather than in the quiz thread, please.

I'm still taking requests for future quiz subjects.

Edited by Bluenose, 29 April 2008 - 06:47 AM.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#12 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:59 AM

Could do something on obscure monsters, like identifying aberrations other than the big five from Lords of Madness, identifying the origin of certain monsters, etc.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#13 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:25 AM

Could do something on obscure monsters, like identifying aberrations other than the big five from Lords of Madness, identifying the origin of certain monsters, etc.

Why apart from that book? You mean just a picture and find out which it is? I have 16 gb of books I have enough pics... after all I might need to make a pitstop, for the fight is heated now, but I have a bit of a lead due to geography. Perhaps I can even surprise good old Tim ;)
Origin would be hard though as that is always a point of discussion, at least so is said in the books.

#14 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:02 AM

A simple black scroll

Jergal (Oghma's symbol is a blank white scroll, IIRC)

I completely misread that... :doh: Still according to here(slow loading time sorry) it's still Oghma. Jergal's is continually "a jawless skull and a writing quill resting on a scroll."

Three lightening bolts, eachof a separate colour, radiating from a central point

Talos (thought Hoar initially)

A black-gloved right hand holding a coin with a two-faced head or three lightening bolts, so close to the same thing. Unless the black gloved hand is holding the lightning bolts. :blink:

@ Deathsangel Some of the descriptions of the symbols(Tymora, Silvanus, Istishia, and the possible Jergal/Oghma confusion) are from 2nd ed. Some of the images of the symbols don't exactly match the text either. <_<

Edited by Kellen, 29 April 2008 - 09:03 AM.

#15 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:08 AM

Ah, okay. I started with 2nd ed FR, but I do not have the books personally. I can have access to them when I want, but can't drop by those folks every other day for this quiz. So, sometimes a gamble ;) Futhermore it was Tempest with the Jergal/Oghma mix up, I also came up with the skull symbol ;)

#16 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:26 AM

That's assuming the "black" scroll was just a typo for "blank" scroll, in which case it's definitely Oghma. :) I've run into a couple of references to one of Jergal's symbols before the rise of Bane/Bhaal/Myrkul being a closed black scroll, sealed with the symbol of a skull.

#17 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:44 PM

In the link I posted, Oghma's symbol is listed as a simple Black scroll. ;)

#18 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 02:33 PM

In the link I posted, Oghma's symbol is listed as a simple Black scroll. ;)

But perhaps they made the same typo :P Okay that was cheesy ;)

#19 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:57 AM

An Oops moment from me. One cleric who we all forgot in the Temple District of Athkatla. The halfling on the walkways between the temples of Lathander and Talos also seems to be a cleric, if you talk to her. Though I'll leave the identity of her god(dess) to you to find out.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#20 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:19 AM

Huh? Isn't that the one that sends you to... Adventurer's Markt or so, and ask to go there or else you don't get paid?