Commentary on the Quiz

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#21 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:37 PM

Winter-Auril. How could I ever forget Auril. Her freaking priestesses kept twying to kill me in Icewind Dale II. I hate Auril

*Glances pointedly at Tempest and Xarana.* :rolleyes:
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#22 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:01 PM

What? I don't know what you're talking about. Really. :ph34r:

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#23 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:14 PM

right.... :P

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#24 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:56 AM

Argh...

I should have known Vhaeraun... I have the War of the Spider queen series.. stupid

And Talos is the stormstar... hm, not listed in my book as that, have him as the regular: The Storm Lord and The Destroyer... did you know this by heart Kellen or what source did you use.... I actually only took FRCS books...

Which of course now I realize is stupid as I just acquired lots of FR material and didn't look into it... :doh: not my best day after such a party, that is obvious now...

oh well, all fun and games

Edit: And whilst looking I noticed another deity with dance. Sharindlar (Dwarves) that was not noted before

Edited by Deathsangel, 01 May 2008 - 05:10 AM.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#25 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:56 AM

Edit: And whilst looking I noticed another deity with dance. Sharindlar (Dwarves) that was not noted before

Dancing rather than Dance, but it's still one I should have noticed.

Though there's an idea for a question - deities with dance, dancer, dancing, etc. in their titles or portfolios. I can think of five without checking anything.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#26 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:33 AM

Yeah I know it is not exact dance, but dancing is the same in my humble eyes. Dancers is different as that sounds more like a patron of protection for those with that profession.

#27 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:43 AM

And Talos is the stormstar... hm, not listed in my book as that, have him as the regular: The Storm Lord and The Destroyer... did you know this by heart Kellen or what source did you use.... I actually only took FRCS books...

2n ed for Stormstar. Took it from the site I posted a link for above.

Sage at Sunset I knew, and Masked Lord I knew, because both were deities I've looked into before. Callarduran I've also spent some time looking at but managed to forget it was his. Thought Grumbar first. All in all though I admit Stormstar was the most difficult, with The Pitiless one being a close second. I'd figured it'd be a death god; I didn't think of Jergal til after I'd checked the gnomish, dwarvish, orcish, and even halfling, yes halfling, death gods. I finally checked and low and behold.

Dance
Lliira, Sheela Peryroyl, Eilistraee, Hathor... Sharindlar(Dancing?

:whistling:
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

#28 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:38 PM

Whoops sorry, credit for you for the dwarven goddess than.

Might I ask in which book there is death god for Halflings. Not even Faith & Pantheons books (3.5 though) has one listed for Halflings. Or did I just skip a page :unsure: As said this is not my best day.

#29 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:41 PM

The halfling death god is Urogolan, the Black Hound and He Who Must Be. The guy in the Five Flagons references him if you've got Mazzy in the party-they have a drink over Patrick.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#30 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:29 PM

Are the demihuman deities in Faiths and Pantheons?

#31 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 01:22 AM

Are the demihuman deities in Faiths and Pantheons?

Yep, well at least Elven, Dwarven, Halfling, Gnome and Orc. It does not contain the Giant pantheon for instance.

#32 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:33 AM

I see. I missed that.

#33 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:48 AM

And in response to a request, the current totals of correct answers:

Deathsangel - 35
Jarno Mikkola - 23
Sammi Somara - 8
Tassadar88 - 6
Isilven - 5
Tempest - 5
Scipio - 4

Hmmm. So I know nothing but I know more than everyone except for the six above me on the list. I challenge ANYONE other than these six to beat me. NO! Beat Jarno! (Deathsangel has so much of a lead that you'll have to wait for a pit-stop to catch up.)
* Waits for someone to say: "We haven't tried to answer any yet," to which I shall reply, "Put your money where my wallet is." *

I haven't actually been very active as of lately cause I just don't really know the answers, and cheating isn't so easy anyway... Hmm, can we get another total table.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#34 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:12 PM

Hey I am beaten in the gods section by Kellen and Tempest, also missed two questions which none of the three active ones did something in, so no sweat it. We will see what the total in the end is, my guess:

Relgion sector:

Tempest
Kellen
Deathsangel
Jarno
Scipio

Total:
Deathsangel (I think :unsure:... may have been surpassed now)
Tempest
Kellen
Jarno
Scipio
Sammi
Isilven
Tassadar

#35 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:36 AM

I'll put up a scorecard at the end of each quiz section, both for that section and overall - unless people would like more frequent ones?

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

#36 Kellen

Kellen

• 7092 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:16 AM

Could be for those curious, but you don't need to.

#37 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:56 AM

I'll put up a scorecard at the end of each quiz section, both for that section and overall - unless people would like more frequent ones?

I don't think a running scoreboard is essential. This has become less of a competition and much more of a self-test, in my Humvee opinion (goes anywhere but gets full of dust).

What I have learnt about D&D gods this week is that they were a pretty paffy bunch. Mortals like Elminster and Midnight killed some of them. Others had to be rescued by humans. They seem more like politicians. Hey, didn't we ourselves beat up a god in IWD?
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#38 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:29 AM

Interresting that Essylis of Lizardfolk, may someone give me a reference? I know of Blibdoolpoolp, Deep Sashelas, Eadro as gods for waterdwellers but this name is new to me, given in I can't look through my bestiary of Fearun now ... or any book of fearun on the DVD...
Luckily I also have lots of stuff in good all fashion books

#39 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:06 PM

After four weeks and 20 questions we so far have 10 pages of Q&A /Quiz, including two pictures. It's building up into a nice document!

** Request from the scribe:

No doubt our esteemed quizmaster will be asking anyway in due course, but I'd love to know how some of the powerful weapons got their names... Crom Faeyr, Vorpal sword (stolen from the Jabberwocky hunter?), Staff of Rhynn, etc. Did some of them actually belong to mighty legendary figures or are they merely (!!!) named in honour of them?

** I also have to say the our esteemed quizmaster has inspired at least this old scribe to go looking for the reference books. Watch, next year I'll be setting the quiz! ^_^
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#40 Bluenose

Bluenose

• 1565 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:03 AM

After four weeks and 20 questions we so far have 10 pages of Q&A /Quiz, including two pictures. It's building up into a nice document!

** Request from the scribe:

No doubt our esteemed quizmaster will be asking anyway in due course, but I'd love to know how some of the powerful weapons got their names... Crom Faeyr, Vorpal sword (stolen from the Jabberwocky hunter?), Staff of Rhynn, etc. Did some of them actually belong to mighty legendary figures or are they merely (!!!) named in honour of them?

** I also have to say the our esteemed quizmaster has inspired at least this old scribe to go looking for the reference books. Watch, next year I'll be setting the quiz! ^_^

Legendary Items, huh. That might be workable. What are Demron's other swords apart from Foebane? I'll start making a few notes.

Back from the brink.