• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:13 AM

I haven't been able to find an up to date list of Jade Empire mods, so thought I'd pyt one together myself--please, if you know of any other mods (or a complete listing), please post! :cheers:

It's a shame modding for this game hasn't been explored further, but from what I've read it's very complex. If only we had WeiDU for JE!

Modding LinksModding Tutorials:New Styles:New Playable Characters:New Gems and Weapons:Convenience and Tweak Mods:

#2 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:56 PM

That's interesting... I thought JE didn't have any mods. It's a positive surprise though.

#3 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:41 PM

There aren't very many, but modding JE is possible--just very, very difficult! There was a spurt of it for a while, as evidenced by these mods, but then it sort of died out. Without a tool like WeiDU, modding JE is extremely difficult--and even with something similar, I'd imagine it would be hard.

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:22 PM

Taylor Bane's post split into a here.

#5 --FunstuffofDoom--

--FunstuffofDoom--

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:11 AM

I realize I'm necroposting hardcore-like, but is there any way to get any of this onto a 360?

#6 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:46 PM

I'm afraid not; these are only for the PC version. :(

#7 --FunstuffofDoom--

--FunstuffofDoom--

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:38 PM

Aw, sad panda I am.

Thanks for your time, though.

#8 -Dave-

-Dave-

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:10 AM

Aw, sad panda I am.

Thanks for your time, though.

Is there any UI, HUD or font mods for this game?

#9 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:17 AM

Not that I'm aware of, no.

#10 -Jace Gavon-

-Jace Gavon-

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:33 PM

Not that I'm aware of, no.

Perhaps now that its 2010, their are more mods? Im sure someone by now has found out how. Also this is slightly off topic but when trying to change the music to some of the videos and rebuff them into HD quality, i kinda corrupted over half of them, so if anyone can get my a movie pack it would be highly appreciated.. I really miss my movie scenes haha.

#11 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:33 PM

If someone would like to take up updating this list, I'd be happy to let them--unfortunately I don't have the time to scour the internet for new mods like I used to.

#12 -Jace Gavon-

-Jace Gavon-

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:44 PM

If someone would like to take up updating this list, I'd be happy to let them--unfortunately I don't have the time to scour the internet for new mods like I used to.

I will gladly post any that I have or that I come across, but like I said if anyone can upload the movie scenes for I will forever in your debt.-i no longer have the disk otherwise this would be very simple.

#13 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:58 PM

Unfortunately due to legal reasons I can't condone anything that resembles file-sharing of copyrighted games--but if you post anything, I'll update the list. :)

#14 -3mily_ranger-

-3mily_ranger-

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:37 PM

Rainbow- Rainbow is a Jade Empire modification that adds Rhino Style, drunken bunny style, brawler style and much more.

Monk's Spade - Adds removed by developers "Monk's Spade" weapon.

Three Brother's Gems - This mod add three powerful gems. Sekan, Lespoon and Mindtwistah gem.

Smarter Allies - Allies won't be useless in attack mode anymore

Wu the Lotus Blossom as Dawn Star

Scholar Ling as Dawn Star

Radiant Jen Zi As Dawn Star

No Claws- Removes physical claws, claw effects and replaces claw sounds from Leaping Tiger. Also stops the lead character from screaming style names every time you switch them.
Dialog for No Claws - And this is a modiffied dialog.tk with a no-claws description for Leaping Tiger, along with a small change to Lightning Strike's so it matches the style better.

Compilation of 5 new martial styles of Jade Empire SE
Compilation of 4 new martial styles of lothario plus monkey paw.
o Features :
o - 5 new martial styles, available as starting martial style.
o (monkey paw, willow, black mantis, seven thunders, divine void).
o - All styles can complete harmonics combo, full description and game balance.
o - Some styles have special effect in their last chain attack.
o - Written as truly new styles so they won't effect npc that use same style.

Visual Effects - Removes the shield effects when blocking, physical claw of leaping tiger, ice/fire armor of ice shard/fire dire style.

Bugfixes -
o 1. Closed Fist Dawn Star + Silk Fox: This mod makes sure that if you convince both DS and SF to turn to the Dark Side, they will not turn on you if you recruit Death's Hand or/and poison the Water Dragon
o 2. Silk Fox Without Face Covering During Conversations: With this mod installed, Silk Fox will remove her face-covering when engaged in conversation and put it back on when it terminates.
o 3. Black Whirlwind Arena Fix: There is a bug in the game that prevents you from asking BW about the arena after you defeat Lucky Cho.You can now ask him about the arena throughout the whole chapter 3.
o 4. Greater Music Track Variety: Some music tracks are reused way too often, while some are not used at all. Installing this mod will fix that.
o 5. Party Members with More HP: This very simple mod that will give your party members more hit points.

Radiant Jen Zi, Scholar Ling, and Sky Reskins

Tien's Justice - Replaces Guji's lines to offer you Tien's Justice instead of Golden Star, and give you that weapon if you choose to (it should show the correct model, weapon name & description).

#15 -3mily_ranger-

-3mily_ranger-

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:40 PM

Mostly from the Bioware forums.

The 5 new martial styles requires registering, but the other link given on the forum I tried didn't work.

Since I'm replaying the game I decided to go mod hunting.

:P

#16 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:49 AM

Since I'm replaying the game I decided to go mod hunting.

Good point... I wish I had remembered this list a few weeks ago when I first started to play the game... finished twice and uninstalled it already now. :crying:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#17 -3mily_ranger-

-3mily_ranger-

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:06 PM

There are 3 endings you know... ;)

Not to mention that you can turn Dawn Star to closed fist..which I've never done, but am planning on trying.

Though it might be best to wait a bit, and play later. The Difficulty Mod seems interesting...

Now if only I could get it to run on this old computer (my gaming computer has suffered an overclock-related graphics card failure).

#18 -3mily_ranger-

-3mily_ranger-

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:14 PM

Txb2Tga (on forums) seems cool. I wonder if I can re-texture the grass to look red and black and evil?

:devil:

Knowing my lack of texturing skills it will come out rather silly. If I ever get it to work I'll post a screenshot! Nothing else to do since I got off work rather early, nobody was ordering pizza, making extra delivery drivers rather useless.

Note to self: Do not bring Rockstar to work in the future. Sleep is unlikely to happen after. :woot:

#19 -Vincent-

-Vincent-

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:05 AM

So I've been curious to find more mods, I'm specifically interested in the mod that saves the dirty work of playable Npc's however every link I've pulled up in my hours of looking is a dead link. So anyone able to post a dl link please do. :)

#20 -pecoes-

-pecoes-

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:01 AM

Sorry for the shamless plug, but *my* mod is missing on your list. It's called "Jade Empire in Style" and I can say without the slightest bit of exaggeration, that it's the largest mod of them all. It rolls all those mods that make new styles availble into a single one and adds a few more to boot. But it does so much more than that: It alters the game's rules to give you convenient access to these styles and to level more of them then you would be able to in vanilla Jade Empire. It also adds a bunch of gems, techniques and other this-and-that's... and, er, well, there's more.

Check it out at http://jade-empire-in-style.com