Photo

Viconia Friendship Bug Reports

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Nilfalasiel

Nilfalasiel
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

A few months later, but I thought I might as well report it: I had to uninstall this mod because of a stutter problem as well. When I reached the Underdark (had a party of Xan, Kivan, Viconia, Jaheira and Valygar), Viconia hit a point where she seemed like she really needed to say something to Valygar. They kept facing each other, the cursor would blink on an off, and it was impossible to get her to move more than a few steps. I tried to force-trigger her next talk (which would've been about the Aboleth, if memory serves), tried removing Valygar from the party, nothing worked. Then I removed the mod, and all was well.

It's a shame too, I was enjoying it :( I should also add that I have the La'Valygar mod installed, but I have no idea whether that's just a coincidence or if it actually had an impact on the fact that Viconia was trying to talk to him.

I was also surprised to get a love declaration from her at the end of ToB...even though my PC was female and romancing Xan. But again, I have no idea whether that was due to having had this mod installed. And her epilogue played out correctly anyway, so it was just a "wtf" moment.

#42 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

Checking the files in this mod, there's nothing that's supposed to involve Valygar :unsure: Did the stutter disappear when you uninstalled just this mod?

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#43 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

It's a shame too, I was enjoying it :( I should also add that I have the La'Valygar mod installed, but I have no idea whether that's just a coincidence or if it actually had an impact on the fact that Viconia was trying to talk to him.

Nope, no new material that could affect Viconia. I also made La'Viconia, but it just changes some tech stuff and everything else works as it should (dialogues, scripts etc)

#44 Nilfalasiel

Nilfalasiel
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

Checking the files in this mod, there's nothing that's supposed to involve Valygar :unsure: Did the stutter disappear when you uninstalled just this mod?

Yes, uninstalling Viconia Friendship made the stutter disappear. I'm thinking the fact that she chose to target him was just a coincidence. I had a separate issue where Valygar kept repeating his "post-Suna Seni death" interjection when I tried to rest, but I wrote that off as a consequence of uninstalling stuff during the course of the game. And it was definitely unrelated to the Viconia mod.

#45 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

The typos reported in post #36 in this thread are still present in the updated version 3.1. Please note that the updated version is uploaded as viconia_v3.1.rar while the old version is still available for download as viconiafriendship_v3.1.rar.

#46 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Silently updated, thanks!

#47 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

The v3.2 readme's changelog entry is kinda funky :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#48 Ariadne

Ariadne
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

I love the Viconia friendship so far, but I only get as far as the talk about how I shouldn't have trusted her story about Shar. After that - nothing. I've tried resetting the friendship and it worked, but when I reached this stage the same thing happened again.

The CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("I#ViconiaFriendship","GLOBAL") is 2 and the CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("I#ViconiaTrustsPC","GLOBAL") is 4.

#49 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:00 AM

my sincere apologies if you are already aware of this, but I did not read through the whole thread. This script state causes Viconia to stutter in ToB:

IF
	InParty(Myself)
	Global("I#ViconiaFriendship","GLOBAL",2)
	Global("I#ViconiaToBTalks","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayString(Myself,240414)) // Running block 9 of vico25.BCS
		RealSetGlobalTimer("I#ViconiaToBTimer","GLOBAL",SIX_HOURS)
		SetGlobal("I#ViconiaToBStart","GLOBAL",1)
		Continue()
END

Since I tend to give solutions if I spot them, I state the obvious that a trigger check for !Global("I#ViconiaToBStart","GLOBAL",1) might be the solution.

#50 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

Thanks jastey! Yep, it's already in the next version I believe, but thank you for reminding me! :D Hoping to get out a bunch of updates soon.

#51 Delfosse

Delfosse
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

A few months later, but I thought I might as well report it: I had to uninstall this mod because of a stutter problem as well. When I reached the Underdark (had a party of Xan, Kivan, Viconia, Jaheira and Valygar), Viconia hit a point where she seemed like she really needed to say something to Valygar. They kept facing each other, the cursor would blink on an off, and it was impossible to get her to move more than a few steps. I tried to force-trigger her next talk (which would've been about the Aboleth, if memory serves), tried removing Valygar from the party, nothing worked. Then I removed the mod, and all was well.

I was also surprised to get a love declaration from her at the end of ToB...even though my PC was female and romancing Xan. But again, I have no idea whether that was due to having had this mod installed. And her epilogue played out correctly anyway, so it was just a "wtf" moment.

This bug still exists. Happened to me in Underdark as well. With Valygar, too. I loaded the game a few times and each time she's attempting to start a dialogue with Valygar.

#52 -Thimblerig-

-Thimblerig-

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

I usually get that bug, too.  One time I blasted through the Underdark very quickly, though, and it hit while I was in the middle of the Shadow Temple.

#53 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

I think I found the cause and it's not Viconia friendship :)

The bug comes from IEP Banters - specifically, line 1728 in iepbanters\dialogue\banters.d:

Change 
CHAIN IF ~Global("I#B_ValygarViconia_Aboleth","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN VICONIJ I#B_ValygarViconia_Aboleth
 to

CHAIN IF ~Global("I#B_ValygarViconia_Aboleth","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN VICONIJ I#B_ValygarViconia_Aboleth

... before installing to fix this :cheers:

For players who already installed the mod, do a CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("I#B_ValygarViconia_Aboleth","GLOBAL",3) to fix the stutter but miss the Aboleth talk :cheers:

Edited by Lollorian, 21 December 2013 - 01:17 AM.

#54 Delfosse

Delfosse
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:46 AM

Thanks, I'll try it later today. But I'm really curious what the talk is about! I'm sort of OCD and I can't miss things arrghh. Any chance you can put it in here pls?

Edited by Delfosse, 21 December 2013 - 04:47 AM.

#55 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:26 AM

Talk goes like this, with Viconia starting (should be obvious :P)
Spoiler

Edited by Lollorian, 21 December 2013 - 07:26 AM.

#56 LorenzEffect

LorenzEffect
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:17 AM

I've got the stutter bug too, now. It happened in the Underdark.

I tried installing the BG Tweaks to not have the drow avatars, then reloading from a pre-Ust Natha save. I still got the stutter bug. It happens around the time of the Qilue's brain quest. She just continually makes the selection sounds.

The last talk I had with her was about how she became a priestess of Shar. I tried looking up how to stop the stutter bug, but the only instructions I found had a lot of jargon.

Shall I post my weidu log?

#57 Thimblerig

Thimblerig
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:46 AM

Is Valygar in the party and, if so, have you tried this yet?

For players who already installed the mod, do a CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("I#B_ValygarViconia_Aboleth","GLOBAL",3) to fix the stutter but miss the Aboleth talk  :cheers:

and yes, a WeiDU log is handy.

Edited by Thimblerig, 20 August 2014 - 02:52 AM.

#58 LorenzEffect

LorenzEffect
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:51 AM

Yes, and it did! Thank you!

#59 Thimblerig

Thimblerig
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:54 AM

No problem :)  (That stutter used to drive me crazy, too.)

#60 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

so what if i already had the mod installed but did not start a new game changed the log file whitch fixes the bug and just reinstalled the mod? would that cause anything bad to happen? as like i said i never started a new game.