• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:23 PM

It doesn't really matter for the purposes of this--it should work regardless. :)

#22 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:46 PM

@Lollorian: That's a gtimes.ids substitution, and it occurs in every mod. The modder writes in the time they intend, i.e. 6 hours, and the compiler tranlates it to game terms. Weidu takes care of it all. You should see the odd results when the mod uses FIFTEEN_DAYS as a timer! But weidu sorts it, and it doesn't result in bugs.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#23 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:24 AM

Awesome! :coolthumb: Thank you both :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#24 -Jaxsbudgie-

-Jaxsbudgie-

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:12 PM

Just a quick one, I had both Jaheira and Viconia on my team, fighting for my approval. I chose Jaheira because I usually always romance Viconia, but since then, she hasn't started her friendships talks.

In my previous play through, I had Nalia and Jaheira fighting over me, where I chose Nalia (from the Nalia romance mod), Viconia then comes onto me, I turn her down, but she started her friendship talks almost instantly.

Am I doing anything wrong? Do I have to wait for something to trigger it? I've done Trademeet and the Umar Hills since I sided with Jaheira (amongst various other quests).

#25 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

There's no trigger for it apart from starting approximately 2 hours after you turn her down. Continue for a while, and then if it's still not taking send me your savegame and I can take a look at the variables. :)

#26 -Jaxsbudgie-

-Jaxsbudgie-

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:49 PM

There's no trigger for it apart from starting approximately 2 hours after you turn her down. Continue for a while, and then if it's still not taking send me your savegame and I can take a look at the variables. :)

Okey dokey, shall I upload it in a .rar onto sendspace?
Also, probably worth mentioning, I used those 4 variables you posted in the previous page ...

Thanks for getting in touch so quickly, I was enjoying the mod in the previous game but didn't get very far.

#27 -Jaxsbudgie-

-Jaxsbudgie-

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:23 PM

Okey dokey, shall I upload it in a .rar onto sendspace?
Also, probably worth mentioning, I used those 4 variables you posted in the previous page ...

Thanks for getting in touch so quickly, I was enjoying the mod in the previous game but didn't get very far.

Here it is:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gd9x4b

#28 -Virgocat-

-Virgocat-

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:12 AM

Hi there, I was hoping someone might know how to help me with a little glitch I'm having with installation of both Viconia and Yoshimo friendship mods.

When I go to run the setup .exe I continuously get the same error message. It tells me it can't find the DIALOGUE.TLK

Anyone know what this is and how I can fix it?

Thanks so much.

#29 olnorton

olnorton
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:49 PM

I'm not sure if this is related to the Viconia friendship mod or not, but you've gotta start somewhere.
I'm running BGT & there is no problem in SOA but once I start TOB, Viconia stops responding properly.
I'm not sure if this is what you call lag or stuttering, or some thing else. When I click to move the team, Viconia takes 3 steps then stops.
If I get her to open something, it flashes up for a second & them closes.
Getting lost following links I don't understand, I installed LSTEST, & now I get this

Posted Image

Any easy to follow suggestions would be welcome.
Force talking to her gets "viconia has nothing to say to you"

Attached Files

Edited by olnorton, 14 January 2011 - 06:51 PM.

#30 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:54 PM

Yep, this looks like Viconia friendship--

in the CLUA Console, enter:

CLUAConsole: SetGlobal("I#ViconiaToBTalks","GLOBAL",1)

That will fix the problem. I'll put a maintenance release up over the next few weeks fixing this problem.

#31 olnorton

olnorton
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.
It worked like a charm. :)

#32 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:09 PM

My pleasure, I hope you've enjoyed the friendship so far!

#33 olnorton

olnorton
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:27 PM

My pleasure, I hope you've enjoyed the friendship so far!

I spoke too soon.
I got to Yaga Shura's home & she froze again. (surprizingly warm place to freeze, but there you go)
Back to continually running block 0 of VICO25.BCS

I only have 3 TOB global variables
I#VICONIATOBSTART 1
I#VICONIATOBTALKS 1
I#VICONIATOBTIMER 1606029

#34 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

Ahh, just checked through, and that would make sense. Alright, let's see...

I'm not sure there's much we can do to salvage the friendship in this run due to the way it's coded. I think your best bet would be to shut off the friendship, by entering:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("I#ViconiaFriendship","GLOBAL",3)

Sorry about this, I really will get a new version fixing the problem up ASAP.

#35 olnorton

olnorton
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:44 PM

No worries.

#36 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

Looked through the tra-files and noticed a few typos.

vicon25j.tra:

@1 = ~Obviously you're asking my help because the drow are so renowned for their sense of nobility. So be it, <CHARNAME>. I will join with you for the time being. I hope you have not been terribly distressed in my absence.~

asking my help -> asking for my help

viconij.tra:

@326 = ~I'm don't want to hear the rest.~

I'm -> I

@352 = ~I, at least, have to no wish to be led to the slaughter.~

have to no -> have no

@460 = ~I myself have had four husbands, and killed each as I lost interest. Marriage in the Underdark is a transient union, usually born of gratification and indulgence. The male?s role is merely to service the female's needs and supply insemination or recreation--depending upon a woman?s disposition.~

male?s -> male's, woman?s -> woman's

#37 -Noban-

-Noban-

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

Found another bug in the friendship:

in Saradush my game started stuttering, a stutter test revealed Block 12 of Vico25.bcs as the source:

if
InParty(Myself)
Global("I#ViconiaFriendship","Global",2)
Global("I#ViconiaToBStart","Global",1)
RealGlobalTimerExpired("ViconiaToBTimer","Global")
Then
Response #100
SetGlobal("I#ViconiaToBTalks","Global",1)
End

Obviously this block was running endlesly and the game never found an exit.
As a first attempt I manually set the "I#ViconiaToBTalks"=2, game was still stuttering.
My second attempt was adding a line: Global("I#ViconiaToBTalks","Global",0)
to that block, hoping it may become untrue eventually and the game may proceed.
That seemed to work, Viconia now told me something about Thetyr and it's bureaucracy.
Leaves the question, did I do something dangerous or is that little change harmless and a valid fix for the problem?

#38 Giuseppe

Giuseppe
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

This explains why in TOB she tries to talk with me with no success. I had to uninstall the mod because of this, but I hop it will be fixed soon. I am looking forward to enjoy the friendship content for TOB :)

#39 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

The bug in the two posts above mine are still present, and has been for a long time, and renders the mod unusable from that point on unless one does some hacking. It also seems to prevent banters between other party members.

Can we have a fix? :)

#40 Jab

Jab
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:16 AM

Hey! Viconia had an annoying bug in my last game. Every few hours in ToB she would stop walking. I had to talk to her directly (click on her) to get a line (/dialogue) about visiting Tethyr. That solved the problem for a while, however it repeated after every few hours (with the same dialogue line).

P.S. Oh, so it was reported already... Yet not solved...

Edited by Jab, 13 July 2012 - 04:17 AM.