• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Fortune

Fortune
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 10:47 PM

If you do:

weidu pathname\filename.D --tlkout dialog.tlk --out override

weiDU is meant to {a} compile "filename.D" into "filename.dlg" in the override directory and {B} put an updated copy of dialog.tlk in the override folder, according the weiDU basics help file in the Forgotten Wars tutorial section.

Well, when I do this I don't get the modified dialog.tlk in the override folder, or any folder for that matter...

What could be wrong?  :(

#2 Fortune

Fortune
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 11:12 PM

Another thing I seem to be doing wrong: On more careful inspection I realised that when I compiled my customised DAnnah.D it wasn't actually working as expected--I decompiled the new DAnnah.dlg only to see that it still featured the original text of the original DAnnah.dlg.

In other words, it wasn'y actually compiling my .D just making a default DAnnah.dlg in the override folder...

What the hell am I doing wrong?

#3 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 20 June 2003 - 08:34 AM

If you do:

weidu pathname\filename.D --tlkout dialog.tlk --out override

weiDU is meant to {a} compile "filename.D" into "filename.dlg" in the override directory and {B} put an updated copy of dialog.tlk in the override folder, according the weiDU basics help file in the Forgotten Wars tutorial section.

Well, when I do this I don't get the modified dialog.tlk in the override folder, or any folder for that matter...

What could be wrong? :(

No, dialog.tlk should never go into override. If there's something at FW that says that, we should change it. --tlkout dialog.tlk means "put these new strings into dialog.tlk." If you specify a name that doesn't exist, it will make a new .tlk file instead.

#4 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 20 June 2003 - 08:35 AM

Your command should be working fine. One thing you might consider is to open the new DLG in Near Infinity instead of WeiDU and check for your new states at the end.

#5 weimer

weimer
  • 1569 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 01:17 PM

If you are creating foo.dlg and foo.dlg already exists in the game biffs or the override, use a command like this:

weidu ./foo.dlg

... to force weidu to read foo.dlg from the current directory.

#6 Fortune

Fortune
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 02:43 AM

Ok thanks guys.

This is a quote from the tutorial that told me about the dialog.tlk being placed in the override. (Also, note the grammatical error  ;)  )

"Now that your in your root bg2 directory, to compile a dialog with WeiDU you can type this:

weidu pathtofile/filename.d --tlkout dialog.tlk --out override

(where path to filename is the directory that your .d file is in and filename is the filename)

What this will do is compile the dialog, and then put the dialog and an updated copy of the dialog.tlk into your override folder. Then just go into your override folder and move the dialog.tlk back to the root directory of bg2. Your dialog is good to go!"

#7 -Ghreyfain-

-Ghreyfain-

Posted 21 June 2003 - 12:47 PM

I think a link to wherever that's said would be more helpful.

#8 Fortune

Fortune
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 01:28 PM

http://www.spellhold...625f5afb1fcd6cd

It's pretty much at the end of the document.

#9 -Ghreyfain-

-Ghreyfain-

Posted 21 June 2003 - 05:55 PM

Okay, fixed it. Thanks.

#10 japheth

japheth

Codewalker

• 317 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 02:01 PM

Ah yeah. At the time of writing, that was the correct way to do it. :)

I just haven't updated it. Thanks Ghrey.
Check out BG1Tutu.