Photo

Multiplayer Server for BG and BG2?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Game Server for BG1 and BG2 (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you have any interest in a server for multiplayer BG and BG2?

1. Yes (30 votes [65.22%])

Percentage of vote: 65.22%

2. No (10 votes [21.74%])

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

3. Only BG1 (1 votes [2.17%])

Percentage of vote: 2.17%

4. Only BG2 (5 votes [10.87%])

Percentage of vote: 10.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:08 AM

Well I am sure I Can host a game if anyone gets interested ever...I reckon I have opened all needed ports to do so!

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#42 Sir_Carnifex

Sir_Carnifex

Scourge of Kobolds

• 290 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:41 AM

Just for the record (and in case nobody knows) here is the list of ports that need to be opened to play the BG series online:

2300 - 2400 TCP/UDP
47624 TCP

Any program based firewalls should be configured to allow BG to connect, too.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

#43 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:31 AM

I only sometimes, play multi, so I voted "No". ^_^

#44 Danilus

Danilus
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:37 PM

I would be up for a multiplayer session of BG1 or 2 It should be fun ^_^

#45 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:03 PM

My only question is...what if people have all kinds of different mods installed and what not can you still play together with someone who has a mod you dont have or vice versa? Or is a clean install needed you think?

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#46 Sir_Carnifex

Sir_Carnifex

Scourge of Kobolds

• 290 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:52 PM

Well, you could do what I do --- have two installs. One is modded for just playing the game, the other is empty so I can add any mods I want to test anytime. Of course, that takes more space. I also heard of someone swapping override folders between an ordinary install and a modded install when he wanted to switch.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

#47 Danilus

Danilus
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:18 AM

I remember playing on Gamespy long ago and as long as the people joining have the same patched version it doesnt matter what mods they have, but the hosts mods will be in the game. I havent realy tested it out fully but as I said it should work no matter what mods you have installed.

#48 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:40 AM

Hmmm allright well I have opened up all the ports and what not and have soa/tob installed with the latest patch so if anyone ever is interested give me a message here or a pm!

#49 -Rothsta-

-Rothsta-

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:04 AM

I want to play!