Photo

question: Can't rest w/new npc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 davidt123

davidt123
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 02:38 PM

This may be common problem with newbie modders as myself. I created new npc in 1st dungeon (ar0602). The npc dialogues (pre-join) fine and joins party fine. But I can't rest. I click rest button and nothing happens.
The only thing I can figure is some open(running) action in my bcs but I am unsure. Has anyone had this problem? If not I'll keep looking. I downloaded Goo mod and use this as a simple example for me in setting up files but as i said I can't for the life of me figure it out. If anyone has an idea what info do I need to post to help? Thanx, David

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 29 June 2003 - 07:31 AM

I click rest button and nothing happens.

By "nothing" I take it that you mean you don't even get a "cannot rest" dialogue.

I agree with your deduction that your NPC is probably still trying to run an action (unsucessfully).

If you would be willing to e-mail me the mod (or just the script files), I could take a look at it for you.

#3 -Moonfruit-

-Moonfruit-

Posted 29 June 2003 - 07:34 AM

I click rest button and nothing happens.

By "nothing" I take it that you mean you don't even get a "cannot rest" dialogue.

I agree with your deduction that your NPC is probably still trying to run an action (unsucessfully).

If you would be willing to e-mail me the mod (or just the script files), I could take a look at it for you.

Sorry about that. I was logged out for some strange reason... :huh:

#4 david

david
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 12:54 PM

[By "nothing" I take it that you mean you don't even get a "cannot rest" dialogue]
Yes, that is correct. Thanks for your offer of help. I'm gonna bang my head against the wall for a few more days on this. Seems to be the only way I learn anything. But if I can't get over this hump your help would be welcome. I'll email you my dlg files and bcs (well uncompiled baf) files if neccessary.  Hopefully the bulb will click on though. Thanks, David