Photo

Least Favorite BG2 NPC!

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: Least Favorite BG2 NPC! (131 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is your least favorite BG2 NPC?

1. Aerie (15 votes [11.45%])

Percentage of vote: 11.45%

2. Anomen (13 votes [9.92%])

Percentage of vote: 9.92%

3. Cernd (19 votes [14.50%])

Percentage of vote: 14.50%

4. Edwin (7 votes [5.34%])

Percentage of vote: 5.34%

5. Haer'Dalis (11 votes [8.40%])

Percentage of vote: 8.40%

6. Imoen (3 votes [2.29%])

Percentage of vote: 2.29%

7. Jaheria (5 votes [3.82%])

Percentage of vote: 3.82%

8. Jan (11 votes [8.40%])

Percentage of vote: 8.40%

9. Keldorn (2 votes [1.53%])

Percentage of vote: 1.53%

10. Korgan (7 votes [5.34%])

11. Mazzy (10 votes [7.63%])

Percentage of vote: 7.63%

12. Minsc (3 votes [2.29%])

13. Nalia (10 votes [7.63%])

Percentage of vote: 7.63%

14. Sarevok (7 votes [5.34%])

15. Valygar (3 votes [2.29%])

16. Viconia (2 votes [1.53%])

Percentage of vote: 1.53%

17. Yoshimo (3 votes [2.29%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:21 PM

Yes its time to tell everyone who you dislike the most! ( Hint Aerie should be at least in your top 3! :devil: )

For me it was a toss up but in the end I had to pick Mazzy...With so many many better choices for a fighter type why pick this little runt?

What about you?

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#2 Sir_Carnifex

Sir_Carnifex

Scourge of Kobolds

• 290 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:08 PM

My least favorite is Cernd. Ever since I started writing banters that involve him, I dislike him even more than I did before. Something about his manner of speaking is very grating (not to mention he's a worthless character!).

Mazzy comes a close second.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

#3 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:17 PM

The female community may lynch me for it, but I voted for Edwin. How on earth am I supposed to take this guy seriously? He's supposedly Lawful Evil and a representative of a very powerful and dangerous organization, but comes off as pure comic relief.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#4 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:27 PM

My least favorite character is Valgyar. I'm sorry, he's just kind of...boring.

Although I don't truly *dislike* any of the BG2 NPC's.
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#5 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:59 PM

Aerie gets my vote. No surprise there, and Anomen and Jaheira are runners-up.

#6 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:04 PM

Aerie gets my vote. No surprise there, and Anomen and Jaheira are runners-up.

Aw man, I should have voted Jaheira--she was one of my favorites in BGI, but she annoyed the crap outta me in BGII!
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#7 Sir_Carnifex

Sir_Carnifex

Scourge of Kobolds

• 290 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:05 PM

My least favorite character is Valgyar. I'm sorry, he's just kind of...boring.

Although I don't truly *dislike* any of the BG2 NPC's.

Sheesh! What do you have against me .... always picking on my favorite characters! I don't bash Xan!!! (Not yet anyway :whistling: )

I admit, Valygar doesn't really have a personality, but his skills make up for that. It took me about five games before I kept him long enough to find out his value to my party (I admit I slaughtered him the first time I ran across him).
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

#8 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:27 PM

I find most of them okay, except for Jan. For some reason, he just irritates me. It could be that I just find him ridiculously hard to write for, but I never play through the game with him either.

#9 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:31 PM

Definitely Edwin. Puffed up, arrogant, slimy and constantly muttering. Maybe he has some funny dialogues and powerful spells but as a companion he is completely repulsive. Korgan is very close on the second place.

The female community may lynch me for it, but I voted for Edwin.

Tempest, I know that we're going to be lynched now, but rather not only by "female community". Not only females like him and furthermore there are also females who hate him, for example myself, as you see it.

Edited by Lythari, 26 May 2008 - 02:14 AM.

I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

My deviantArt account / my dragon lair

#10 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:41 PM

Can't stand Edwin or Cernd. They're both annoying.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#11 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:08 AM

My least favorite is Jaheira... I mean seriously, she's opinionated, she just won't come down from that high horse of hers... That "where to, fearless leader?" just makes me want to smack her silly. Thank goodness I had Mazzy once to stand up for me ("she's doing her best"... you bet I am! the bvery best! :lol: ). I mean, I've always figured someone who was supposed to be a sort of guardian to me could've been nicer (and yes, I know she's just lost her husband, but still...). And the face that you can romance her as a male within days of her husband's death... well... I have to admit that kinda bugs me.

There, done with the anti-Jaheira rant... :D

Aerie's a close second, and Jan's not far behind, in my view.

But I can't believe you guys find Valygar boring!! I actually like him, and I love what Kulyok did to him in the ToB part of the Xan bonded romance... Valygar's the somber, quiet type, I guess, and I like that sometimes... :wub:

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#12 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:56 AM

Cernd. Boring, dull character running out on his wife.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#13 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:33 AM

Jan. Boring, unfunny "comic relief".

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#14 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:38 AM

I'm suprised nobody's voted for Anomen yet. Are you kidding me? Self-righteous, stuck-up, arrogant, and all that to cover his most humongous personality flaw, uncertainty. Blech.

I'll take (very funny) comic relief (Jan, Minsc, Edwin) or bossy females (Jah's bossyness was well established in BG1, but there she had Khalid to out that on) over that any day.

Edited by Lord Ernie, 26 May 2008 - 01:38 AM.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#15 Abigail

Abigail
  • 172 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:46 AM

Nalia. I just can't stand her attitude, naivety, ignorance, self-rightousness... grow up, Nalia! I think I never managed to finish the game with her in my party, although I might bring myself to do it if I take Auren.
my deviantart account ---> http://prozakc-blues.deviantart.com

#16 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:14 AM

Korgan. The others I don't like much, Edwin and Haer'Dalis, have some redeeming features. All Korgan can offer is berserker ability which my PC usually has anyway.
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#17 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:20 AM

Valygar, a warrior(ranger kit) class that's really has no tanking ability, leather armor WTF :angry:
Let's take his hand and be done with it. :)

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#18 Nuuskamuikkunen

Nuuskamuikkunen
  • 207 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:28 AM

Anomen. It's hard for him to brag/lie with my Scimitar down his throat though.

#19 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:43 AM

Sorry, Minsc, but it's going to have to be you. I'm like Sammi in the regard that I don't really dislike any of the characters, but, forced to choose, it's Minsc 100%. I'm just - waiting for the IEP to get his friendship path done so I can finally enjoy an expanded version of his character.

He won't shut up about Justice, Honour, Righteousness and Boo. Seriously, please, I really want to create (or have created, rather) a mod which makes a mini-store in Athkatla and Saradush which sells duct tape and rope, so we can tie the mouths and hands of the NPCs we don't like up.

He's just so ... bloody annoying!

#20 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:59 AM

CERND!!! I hate that guy SO MUCH!