Photo

Least Favorite BG2 NPC!

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: Least Favorite BG2 NPC! (131 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is your least favorite BG2 NPC?

1. Aerie (15 votes [11.45%])

Percentage of vote: 11.45%

2. Anomen (13 votes [9.92%])

Percentage of vote: 9.92%

3. Cernd (19 votes [14.50%])

Percentage of vote: 14.50%

4. Edwin (7 votes [5.34%])

Percentage of vote: 5.34%

5. Haer'Dalis (11 votes [8.40%])

Percentage of vote: 8.40%

6. Imoen (3 votes [2.29%])

Percentage of vote: 2.29%

7. Jaheria (5 votes [3.82%])

Percentage of vote: 3.82%

8. Jan (11 votes [8.40%])

Percentage of vote: 8.40%

9. Keldorn (2 votes [1.53%])

Percentage of vote: 1.53%

10. Korgan (7 votes [5.34%])

11. Mazzy (10 votes [7.63%])

Percentage of vote: 7.63%

12. Minsc (3 votes [2.29%])

13. Nalia (10 votes [7.63%])

Percentage of vote: 7.63%

14. Sarevok (7 votes [5.34%])

15. Valygar (3 votes [2.29%])

16. Viconia (2 votes [1.53%])

Percentage of vote: 1.53%

17. Yoshimo (3 votes [2.29%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:15 AM

Defiantly Anomen, closely fallowed by Aerie and Mazzy. Minsc too now that I think of it.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#42 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:15 PM

I want to like Minsc, I really do, but he's the one I take with me the least. I prefer him in BG1 when he's got Dynaheir with him.

#43 Itarilde

Itarilde
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:42 AM

Cernd. No surprise. His talks, leaving his family, his pitiful stats.

#44 Menelanna

Menelanna
  • 3006 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:52 PM

Aerie was my choice. She whines waaaaaay too much, is weak, and dies ever few battles when ever I take her with me.

Jan is a very close runner up. Soon followed by boring old Cernd.
Steel is my body, fire is my blood.
I've created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as i pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."--Archer from Fate/Stay Night

Posted Image
Signature done by Sinharvest. thanks!

Interested in great fanstay Role Play? Come join Imythess the Border Between Dreams and Choas.
(should you join feel free to contact me. my main account it Fara're. hope to see you there :D)

#45 Yuwakusha

Yuwakusha
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:02 PM

Nalia hands down. Not only does her voice irritate the shit out of me, but her attitude and demeanor are extremely ofputtting and really grate on the nerves after a while. Aerie doesn't even come close. I think the ironic ideal is that so many of these persona's I see in the BG NPC's, I see practically and inevitably every day, all around me.

Anomen and Jaheira: Remind me of my boss or a new potential job candidate with a bad attitude. :P

Aerie. Having her in your party is like babysitting a pre-pubescent cheerleader. Only, like, less fun.

Amen. :Bow: :D

#46 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:08 AM

Heh I see this one's been dug up and dusted off, and why not.
I decided to take Minsc in my current game - first time in over a year I've had him with me, and gods he's annoying. I used to find him amusing but his constant shouting about hamsters and rangers gets old fast.
I took Nalia for the first time recently and she's not bad if you ignore the "how are we helping the poor..." line that she spouts absolutely everywhere.

#47 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:30 AM

Aerie. Gods I hate her annoying, silly, and extremely childish demeanor. <_<

#48 Jenne

Jenne

Assault of The Mighty Feet is coming, beware!

• 85 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:38 AM

I can put up with almost everybody, but Minsc is a no-no. After hearing "go for the eyes, Boo" for the zillionth time, I feel like ripping the guy's liver out and feeding it to his stupid hamster. Even Anomen is better than Minsc.

Edited by Jenne, 11 January 2009 - 03:38 AM.

Elminster this, Elminster that. Give me 2000 years and a pointy hat and I will kick his arse.

My personal blog - in Czech. You've been warned.
My DA account, although it isn't tended too much.

Posted Image

#49 MrToughGuy

MrToughGuy
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:20 AM

Had to go with Cernd (Jaheira or just about any other NPC is far superior to him in ability), Valygar (just seems dull), and Haer'Dalis (ends up very underpowered IMO). Valygar I usually take for his quest at least, but I don't even bother with the other two at all any more.

Others that I used to like but have lately have gone stale are Minsc (I don't find his shtick as amusing as in BG1, not to mention after hearing it over a dozen playthroughs), Jaheira (was actually once the trusted lieutenant of all my various PCs, but I guess I used her so much she went flat on me), Nalia (thought she was a sweet girl, but I've grown tired of her help-the-needy line. Last time I brought her along was when I tried her romance mod, quite enjoyable, but without that forget it), and Yoshimo (similar reason as Jaheira, also he's usually odd-man-out as I try mod NPCs).
Posted Image

#50 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:50 AM

Aerie! She is such an annoying little... Ah! I would kill her... Wait... I did it :P My sweet Yuwakusha knows what I am talking about :D Did anyone think about a project that would get rid of Aerie and would give alternative NPC? :P Soon you won't have to think about it... You will be able to play it :P Not a big project but... how vicious :D

#51 Michael

Michael

NullCascade

• 116 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:33 AM

D= My poor Aerie... Everyone hates her...

I voted for Haer'Dalis, mostly because every time he joins my party, he ends up being fodder that is then kicked from the party post-death. I just can't seem to like his personality, especially his dialog.

Mazzy is my close second.
This is the Internet, where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

What is IEMI?

Please provide feedback on IEMI.

#52 Konalan

Konalan

Jamie wants big BOOM!

• 91 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:47 PM

I voted for Haer'Dalis, mostly because every time he joins my party, he ends up being fodder that is then kicked from the party post-death. I just can't seem to like his personality, especially his dialog.

Here, Here! :cheers:
A compilation of my BG2 mods:
Konalan's Tweaks

#53 Dark-Mage

Dark-Mage

Because killing is an art, and I am a master.

• 344 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:09 PM

Voted for Edwin.

Never really saw the appeal of his character to be honest. He is supposed to be a genius evil wizard but is most of the time portrayed as something out of a comedy sketch. Simply overrated.

#54 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:31 PM

Regarding Aerie, it just shows that people lack in good taste. She rules.
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#55 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:19 AM

mazzy

i already dislike paladins, but when they come without paladin powers its a dealbreaker

#56 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:00 AM

Regarding Aerie, it just shows that people lack in good taste. She rules.

No, she's a whiny annoyance who is hard to keep alive when not leveled to EPIC proportions. I can understand her being way more than upset about her wings, but she comes off as a whiny little child where she is supposed to be sympathetic and naive.
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#57 Gomb

Gomb
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:02 AM

I don't seem to have as much trouble with Aerie as many seem to, though I still prefer Jaheira, Viconia or Imoen over her any day.
I have to jump on the Anomen and Cernd haters' bandwagon though. Anomen's soundset annoys the heck out of me, and his story and personality just doesn't really interest me. And after being knighted, he just becomes a goodie-goodie. Cernd is a coward and his druid stuff is just flat and boring. I also really dislike Nalia.

Edited by Gomb, 12 April 2009 - 11:03 AM.

#58 Elamshin

Elamshin
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:36 AM

Anomen - liar, with ugly portrait, stupic, without any sexapeal etc. I hate him and I vote for him.
Posted Image

Silence, I'll kill you! :)

#59 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:28 PM

I was going to say Cernd or Haer'Dalis but I voted Yoshimo. I despise backstabbers and betrayers whether they are under a "spell" or not.

Edited by Solaufein, 15 June 2009 - 12:36 PM.

Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#60 ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:02 PM

I have to say any NPC that gives me grief, Jaheira, edwin, i just don't like the attitude, oh omnipresent authority figure! if she is not careful she will find herself a stone statue after having read a cursed scroll of petrification!